The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
eBay ALERT: PPG Wave 2 Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 6th September 2011
eBay ALERT: PPG Wave 2

eBay ALERT: PPG Wave 2PPG WAVE 2 in mint condition | eBay

Someone buy this so I don't...
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Wow that really does look pretty mint I think you should buy it
Old 6th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie H View Post
Wow that really does look pretty mint I think you should buy it
I would love nothing more, but I'm just not in a place where I can blow $4,000 on a vintage, delicate synth right now. C'mon guys, I know someone is slutty enough to do this
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

It is essential synth for real aficionado.
Impossible to find in such great condition, I have one that looks more used than this one, but doesn't need second.
4k is reasonable price.
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

I sometimes feel this is the gear collector forum, and nobody here actually tries to do music.
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susceptor View Post
I sometimes feel this is the gear collector forum, and nobody here actually tries to do music.
what is this "music" you speak of?
Old 7th September 2011
Quote:
It IS called gearslutz

DON'T MAKE ME BUY THIS!!! I WILL HAVE TO SELL MYSELF ON THE STREET TO PAY FOR IT BUT IT WILL BE SOOOOOOOO WORTH IT
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by aunshui View Post
It IS called gearslutz

DON'T MAKE ME BUY THIS!!! I WILL HAVE TO SELL MYSELF ON THE STREET TO PAY FOR IT BUT IT WILL BE SOOOOOOOO WORTH IT
OK - I'm here to help.

I've owned the 2, 2.2, and 2.3 (as well as a 1003, 1020, 1002, EVU, etc).

The Wave 2 while nice, lacks some of the amenities of the 2.2/2.3 (only 1 oscillator), still has the poor keyboard feel, can't be MIDIed (last I looked), and has a different LCD display than the 2.2/2.3 (issues if trying to replace or update).

Also the ad doesn't actually say that the owner has tested out every function, calibrated the filter, etc.

hope that helps.
Old 7th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgearguy View Post
OK - I'm here to help.

I've owned the 2, 2.2, and 2.3 (as well as a 1003, 1020, 1002, EVU, etc).

The Wave 2 while nice, lacks some of the amenities of the 2.2/2.3 (only 1 oscillator), still has the poor keyboard feel, can't be MIDIed (last I looked), and has a different LCD display than the 2.2/2.3 (issues if trying to replace or update).

Also the ad doesn't actually say that the owner has tested out every function, calibrated the filter, etc.

hope that helps.
Wave 2 can be MIDIed, i own one. After installing universal keyboard upgrade from "Virtual Music Wien" keyboard feel is much much better.I also installed a display backlit from them.
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

A Wave 2 sold on Ebay UK around 3 months ago for £900. Needed a new battery from what i can remember. Went to a buyer in Germany.
This one looks a tad over priced IMO.
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

8 bit? You can have it guys, seriously. Plenty of ****ty sounds out there already.
Old 7th September 2011
Gear Guru

you're kidding right
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

Who, me? No.
Old 7th September 2011
Gear Guru

I'd recommend that you go listen to one, then.

edit: or at least acknowledge its influence on music

edit 2: and if listening to an actual Wave is not possible, try a Waldorf Microwave (first version)
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

I think it all goes down to practicality vs authenticity craziness. If you want to be in the sameballpark you can use softsynths and focus more on the music. If you are crazy and listen in detail to EVERYTHING and can actually tell the difference between then you'll want authentic.
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

Wait this can be midied. Of have to get this

Sent from my DROIDX using Gearslutz.com App
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoozer View Post
I'd recommend that you go listen to one, then.
I did, only on Youtube though.

Quote:
edit: or at least acknowledge its influence on music
I wasn't aware that it was so influential, but I've just read the write-up on VSE, lots of users mentioned, yea.
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericdestler View Post
Wave 2 can be MIDIed, i own one. After installing universal keyboard upgrade from "Virtual Music Wien" keyboard feel is much much better.I also installed a display backlit from them.
SSHHHhhh!!! I was trying to help...
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

How can you say that!! You flunk synthesizer history class. The PPG is one of the top-10 synths any serious keyboardist should love!!

I was able to snatch OldGearGuy's 2.3 a few months ago (I'm sure he regrets it somewhat heh but he still has a 2.2 IIRC) and you really have to "test drive" it to experience one the best synth engines ever invented. The perfect marriage of analog and digital.

Like OldGearGuys said though, I'd rather get a 2.2 (or 2.3) because of the 2nd OSC and extended wavetables, but a 2 is a great one as well - and rare... PPGs rarely appear on eBay, so someone snatch this... it's one of the top synths of the '80s!! With the Fairlight, a staple for a certain type of luscious production of the early and mid '80s (Propaganda-FGTH/Trevor Horn, Depeche Mode , of course Tangerine Dream etc. etc.)
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

$3600? Cool! I didn't know they sold for that much. I bought my midi Wave 2.3 for $1300 5 years ago.
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
It IS called gearslutz

LOL! Hilarious thread. Make music? What's that? They are pretty freaking rare too. If somebody actually owns one do they ever sell them? Wow. Go for it! Too rich for my blood.
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
eBay ALERT: PPG Wave 2PPG WAVE 2 in mint condition | eBay

Someone buy this so I don't...
Wow! It looks like it is in a studio based on the pictures. They must have had the players touching it in the studio wear gloves. It looks brand new.
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
d-bag post of the year
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler477 View Post
d-bag post of the year
give me some time....

Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Based on what?
Old 8th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Halo View Post
Based on what?
Sounds like inane observations mixed with a heap of projection, with a hint of jealousy.
Old 8th September 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Halo View Post
Based on what?
The number of posts/threads about gear is far higher than the number of posts/threads about music.

Now, of course this is distorted because we've only got one huge post your music thread instead of several separate ones - and it takes far less effort to talk about gear than to produce and post a new song, but still.

Personally I don't think it's bad. The traffic here is already high enough and if I want to check out someone's music I'd rather not have it sandwiched in between the rest of the talk.
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

GEARslutz, isn't it?
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

Seriously though, why would anyone want to pay that much for an 8-bit machine?

Y'all old-school synthpoppers: give us a raw clip so we can hear it in all it's vintage glory, then we might join the drool fest!

8 bit, it's like my old ZX spectrum heh

Old 10th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
The number of posts/threads about gear is far higher than the number of posts/threads about music.

Now, of course this is distorted because we've only got one huge post your music thread instead of several separate ones - and it takes far less effort to talk about gear than to produce and post a new song, but still.

Personally I don't think it's bad. The traffic here is already high enough and if I want to check out someone's music I'd rather not have it sandwiched in between the rest of the talk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougt View Post
GEARslutz, isn't it?
Voila!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search