The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Spend my money on Nexus 2? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddash View Post
I wouldnt spend $1,000 all on Nexus,but I do like their sounds.

You really have a ton of options and it really depends if you want hardware,software or both.

I like omnisphere,nexus,sylenth and other software but I really love the sound of analogs synths also.

You can do DSI mopho+sylenth+omnisphere for $1000

You can find a used virus ti snow for $700 plus nexus for $299=$1000

You can get Omnipshere,nexus and sylenth1=$900 or so

You can also get omnisphere,nexus,sylenth and a mopho for $1200 which is nice and slutty.

You can get a DSI Tetra+ nexus for $1000

You can get a DSI mopho keyboard only 32 keys and omnisphere for $1100 or so.

You can also get Komplete 8 and omnisphere to have the best of realistic sounds and synth sounds for $1000.Almost 175gb of sounds.

Man the world is yours,now go buy something and have fun lol.

Yes I was referring to NEXUS with the expansion packs which comes in at over 2 grand (or used to) - I cant be bothered compiling a comparison list but the above is perfectly reasonable.
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoozer View Post
dogma is most likely talking about the version with all the expansions which goes for like $2000+.

I have no idea how they can charge so much for the expansion packs. Aren' they just a bunch of patches and nothing more. Crap I would rather pay someone I knew to sit down, have fun programming some sounds on it. What makes their patches so priceless....
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rids View Post
I have no idea how they can charge so much for the expansion packs. Aren' they just a bunch of patches and nothing more. Crap I would rather pay someone I knew to sit down, have fun programming some sounds on it. What makes their patches so priceless....
BOOM!! Its one of those things. I laugh at the price of waves plug-ins, over priced converters, funny exotic cables. Every consumer item - not just music equip. has snake oil salesman that trap the unwary
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

Well let's see what Refx themselves have to say about the expansions.. surely there must be some magic ingredient that makes those packages worth their price

'With this expansion you're always prepared.'

'These are the sounds that are synonymous with Lady Gaga, Ke$ha, Black Eyed Peas, Taio Cruz and Katy Perry, and now they can all be yours!'

'Majestic, cinematic leads, arp sequences, gated pads, and keys that will have your productions bursting with energy.'

'Future Arps 2 is heavy artillery for your next club banger.'

'128 presets including lush saw leads, detuned arps, and blissed-out pads. Breathtaking.'

'HandsUp heavyweight Tobias Meyer delivers everything you need to get the sound of the era.'

'We enlisted sound designer Adam Szabo to create this set of 128 rich, dreamy, pulsing, effervescent sounds that are pure, pristine trance.'

'From dark and driving to radiant and angelic, these are the sounds that will define tomorrow’s massive trance tracks.'

These aren’t just presets, these are oceans of the most glowing, lush, hypnotic sounds you’ve ever heard. Let Bigtone Signature 3 remind you of why you fell in love with dance music.

etc. It's obvious that these aren't just any presets.. These expansions were beamed from the angelic realm to us mere earthlings just so we can make 'handsup' with it, or so you can sound like lady Gaga. you NEED them to even consider yourself a serious produca.
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

I wouldnt buy any of that stuff.The People who are behind that company are complete chavs and total assholes.Its for Kids who want to ride the Famous Train.
Old 19th September 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by payt View Post
Well let's see what Refx themselves have to say about the expansions.. surely there must be some magic ingredient that makes those packages worth their price

'With this expansion you're always prepared.'

'These are the sounds that are synonymous with Lady Gaga, Ke$ha, Black Eyed Peas, Taio Cruz and Katy Perry, and now they can all be yours!'

'Majestic, cinematic leads, arp sequences, gated pads, and keys that will have your productions bursting with energy.'

'Future Arps 2 is heavy artillery for your next club banger.'

'128 presets including lush saw leads, detuned arps, and blissed-out pads. Breathtaking.'

'HandsUp heavyweight Tobias Meyer delivers everything you need to get the sound of the era.'

'We enlisted sound designer Adam Szabo to create this set of 128 rich, dreamy, pulsing, effervescent sounds that are pure, pristine trance.'

'From dark and driving to radiant and angelic, these are the sounds that will define tomorrow’s massive trance tracks.'

These aren’t just presets, these are oceans of the most glowing, lush, hypnotic sounds you’ve ever heard. Let Bigtone Signature 3 remind you of why you fell in love with dance music.

etc. It's obvious that these aren't just any presets.. These expansions were beamed from the angelic realm to us mere earthlings just so we can make 'handsup' with it, or so you can sound like lady Gaga. you NEED them to even consider yourself a serious produca.
Jesus is that really what they say! what a turn off.. one things for sure they will be the sounds of the big future hits! because all the radio hits sound like they were microwaved in the same oven to me, and served with a little "there you go sir.. heres the same old ****" on the side..
Old 19th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rids View Post
I have no idea how they can charge so much for the expansion packs. Aren't they just a bunch of patches and nothing more.
Ahh, now you are beginning to understand.

Some people just want sounds
and don't care about the engine underneath, eh?

To those people patch libraries have value.
Old 19th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by payt View Post
you NEED them to even consider yourself a serious produca.
Glad they let us know that.
Old 19th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by enossified View Post
Ahh, now you are beginning to understand.

Some people just want sounds
and don't care about the engine underneath, eh?

To those people patch libraries have value.
I'd use em. I like nexus.. to me having presets to call up and being able to write your own stuff on synths is a nice combo.

I don't know why presets get a bad rap really.. I admit, I don't care for the "sound just like justice!!" ones or something, but I mean, nicely written patches from third parties is no different from finding a bass preset on a JP8000 that just may fit what you're doing.

What i don't like are loops, like acid loops. Just Dj for real and stop the trying.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search