The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
tr-808 when dinsynced Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear

tr-808 when dinsynced

Since a day I have a TR808 and i loooove it...

Today i tried syncing it to Ableton through dinsync, i got a convertor with the purchase, and it works.

But when it's playing, I can not figure out how to program the 808. It can sync a beat I programmed before but while in pattern write mode, i can no longer place notes on the stepgrid.

It's also not clear how to select what pattern should be playing while being synced.
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear

when playing it make sure you are in part 1 mode of the 808 not manual play. you can then select the instrument from the instrument knob and add your steps in as the 808 runs. when you say step grid you mean on ableton? you cannot use it like it is a midified instrument all programming must be done on the 808 itself.
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

the 808 has a switch on the back, set it for input. then, select the pattern and then set the pattern write knob to part 1. hit start on your sequencer and select the instrument voice you wish to edit.

to change patterns, you have to stop the sequencer, select the pattern, then re-start the sequencer (the TR-606 does not require the sequencer to be stopped to switch from pattern write/pattern play and therefore is better than the 808 and 909 heh).

if you have a sequence than uses part 1 and part 2 and both A and B banks, you have to stop between each of them to edit. the 909 lets you edit chained patterns
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

I got it figured out now, it works as you said jav thx
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search