The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Microzwerg problem Desktop Synthesizers
Old 5th September 2011
Here for the gear

Microzwerg problem

Hello everybody!

I have a small problem with my MFB Microzwerg, which is preventing me from enjoying this little powerful synth to its full potential.

Its tuning is not tracking the keyboard accurately, even after allowing for 15 minutes or more after turning on. It is ok sounding for 1 octave but if you go 2 octaves further than any reference note, it is very clearly out of tune.

By comparison; I also have a Nanozwerg and once it warms up after 10 minutes or so, you tune it and it tracks the full range accurately.

Ideally I would like to avoid sending the unit back to Germany and if there is an easy adjustment inside the unit, to calibrate the tracking, I would be ok to do this myself, to save time and hassle.

What do you think? Is it worth opening up the unit? I dabbled with electronics and soldering when I was a teenager but how would I be able to tell which trim pot calibrates the tracking?...

Has anyone got any experience with these?

I have emailed the same question to MFB but I have not received an answer until now.

Thanks in advance
Old 23rd January 2012
m.o
Lives for gear

I'd like to bump this to see if anyone has any more info on this as I just descovered the same thing on my new Microzwerg

Also, the ADSR doesn't seem to affect the VCA unless I patch it explicitly with a cord, while it affects the filter mod without any patching - is it supposed to be like this?
Old 24th January 2012
m.o
Lives for gear

HA! Victory! heh

I opened it up and there's a grey trim pot on the underside of the PCB, tried turning it while playing octaves, and it actually adjusted the interval so now it's dead on over 4 octaves.
Old 18th August 2015
Here for the gear

Hey! any chance someone could send me a picture of the pcb? my midi connection broke, and need to figure out where to solder it to.

Thanks!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search