The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Buying my first dj setup... Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsieur_R View Post
If it were me, and I knew that I'd be djing in clubs, I would buy 2 cdj 200s and learn the basics of beat matching and then sell them and buy something more advanced by Pioneer before going to clubs.

If you go any other route, be prepared to always be taking your whole system to the club you're going to as there'll be no guarantee they'll have it. They will have CDJs by Pioneer.
This man speaks sense.
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear

Never played with CDJ's, but they are pretty much industry standard along with 1200's at venues.

I'd just get 1200's... even better as it doubles up as a record player for vinyl sampling too
Old 5th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrok Rolles View Post
They already have it !

Name your clips, then use the file browser on the left to find the set that the clips are in. Do a search, and poof, magic! A search function for clips! You can just drag your clips into the current set on the fly (assuming your computer can handle it of course) and mix them in, then delete them and do the same for your next song to keep the set flowing.
Well I mean like search them in the project. I have all my songs warped, arrange by artist and genre. I'm thinking about also doing different colors for root notes/scales so I can improvise faster.
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by login View Post
In this day and age I would go for this:

Stanton SCS.4DJ - DJ Equipment, DJ Gear, Phono Cartridges & Needles, DJ Mixer, DJ Turntables, Headphones, CD Players

No laptop needed, and you will learn the basics.

I would really love to have somthing like that by pioneer with their standard design of cdj's.
Wow this thing looks epic

Has anyone used this? Is it in gc now?
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokuez View Post
Wow this thing looks epic

Has anyone used this? Is it in gc now?
It's at nova musik, for 500 USD.

here you can find a review:

SKRATCHWORX - Stanton SCS.4DJ Controller Review by Gizmo - August 2011

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search