The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Where can I find that kind of synth sound? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 5th September 2011
Here for the gear

Where can I find that kind of synth sound?

Hello,

I'm trying to find out what kind of synth sound is used in this video from 40s in the background, the soft one. In which vst plugin can I find it? I need it sooo bad, but have no idea how to get it.. Please help!

The video:
Rehearsal and Jam Session - "You are Holy" Part 1 - YouTube
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by comodore View Post
Hello,

I'm trying to find out what kind of synth sound is used in this video from 40s in the background, the soft one. In which vst plugin can I find it? I need it sooo bad, but have no idea how to get it.. Please help!

The video:
Rehearsal and Jam Session - "You are Holy" Part 1 - YouTube
Do you mean the acoustic guitar with nylon strings sound that he's playing on the synth? Or the Rhodes electric piano patch that he's playing later on? (he even says he would) If yes, any rompler plugin has those patches. If you don't mean those sounds, specify a valid, specific time on the video that has the sound you're looking for.
Old 5th September 2011
Here for the gear

No, there is two guys playing on the keyboards. One - Jamal Hartwel, he is playing the nylon guitar on his motif and the other guy on the left side is playing the synth. Jamal is pointing at him in 53s saying "Yes, that's the sound." I'm looking for this sound It's very quiet.
Old 5th September 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
I'm trying to find out what kind of synth sound is used
(read the sticky on embedding videos)

I think he's not mentioning the synth sound but the way the singer's improvising; furthermore, I still think he's playing the same Rhodes patch, albeit at low velocity.

It's really hard to pick out of the background noise but there's no good reason why he'd switch patches to something completely different.

Otherwise, ask what sound it is, not what VST you need; once we've got the name of the preset, someone with a Motif might figure out what exactly you're hearing. Based on that it's a lot easier to find a plugin.

If that sound you're looking for only occurs at that moment in the video then it's going to be near-impossible, because it's masked by all the background noise.
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear

I was gonna say...so much noise...I didn't hear anything but some lady talking. Then the guy simply says, yea that sound.
Old 5th September 2011
Here for the gear

I'm not saying about the guy playing on Motif. There is another piano player using Mac and a keyboard controller, he is playing leads in the background, I know it is hard to hear it because of the noise and the vocals. I hoped that someone has already met this patch. If not, I will try to contact with Jamal.
Old 25th September 2011
Here for the gear

Hi, I still haven't found the answer for my problem, but maybe listening to some other songs will help in recognizing this sound.

this synth is playing alone in the verse from 56s.

f.e. at 18s, from 49s

Thanks in advance.
Old 25th September 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:

this synth is playing alone in the verse from 56s.
Plain old sinewaves, with an envelope routed to oscillator pitch.

The entire track minus vocals could almost be an advert for a Studio Electronics Omega heh but you don't need to spend $4K to just get this sound.

Since you haven't mentioned what synth you're using, get this one:

Software Synthesizer Synth1

and use the enclosed "Sinevibe" patch. The rest is all in how you play the chords.

Yeah - it's not exact, but Synth1's pitch modulation routing isn't exactly generous. I even had to fake the sinewaves by lowpassing the triangle waveform, go figure.

edit: uploaded slightly updated version
Attached Files
File Type: zip Sinevibe.zip (360 Bytes, 7 views)
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search