The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
letting go to get more? Desktop Synthesizers
Old 4th September 2011
Lives for gear

letting go to get more?

i'm seriously considering selling my 303. i have had it since 1998 and it has been a trusted friend over the years. i have had several 303's over the years, but have kept this one since it was in the best condition. lately though, i find i reach first for the x0xb0x when i want the 303 acid sound. the x0xb0x does what my 303 can, and it seems to go a bit more in each direction. it's more acid than the 303.

since i find i use my x0xb0x more and i really want another modular, which i could easily afford with the proceeds from the 303, i'm very tempted to sell. if i really miss having two acid monsters, i could always get an x0xb0x kit for a fraction of the cost of a 303.

the x0xb0x has really changed the acid game for me and it seems to be opening a door to a modular system... or maybe just a patched out Avatar.
Old 4th September 2011
Lives for gear

What type of feedback concerning the impending decision are you searching for?

Do you wish to know if others consider the x0x as sonicaly desirable as a real 303 example?

You have (it seems) already determined for yourself that the difference is slight, if not favoring the x0x.

Perhaps you are just sharing some new thoughts and don't seek any opinions or validation at all?

I'm always curious as to the initial thoughts behind threads of this vein (not to downplay them!) so I figured this time I'd just open up and ask!
Old 4th September 2011
Lives for gear

it's someone asking for advice.
Old 5th September 2011
Sell if your buying a Buchla or need the money now.

I know this sounds more like a collector but I don't typically want to dump items that have historically an increasing value or demand unless its for another piece of equal or better stature. Since it's like a duplication of function we don't need to go to much into that as a separate issue.

That said, the time for real big money for TB-303's may be cresting for a while because the openness of the XOXbox project has anyone that can assembled one thinking they can now make them for money. This surplus of TB sound-a-like machines that have 99.9% + sound & function of a TB-303 has cooled the demand. Those who have had them for a while are now wanting to flip them and cash out.... like you are.
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear

If you need money or gear then sell it. If not it doesn't cost anything to keep it and sometimes enjoy it.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search