The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Dynamic Vocalist! Dynamic Microphones
Old 4th September 2011
Gear Nut

Dynamic Vocalist!

Hi Slutz,

I've been tracking a very dynamic male vocalist, a baritone that can hit high notes way out of that of a baritones vocal range. The style is indie rock and during the quieter / verses of the songs his voice is nice and warm and easy to collect, however when he is giving it some his high notes have a natural thin sound & saturation to them.

After trying a few mics we found that a modest SM58 soothed this gristly sound the best. The difficulty I'm having is that when he goes into the chorus the vocals sound very thin in the context of the mix. I'm finding this troublesome to cure.

If any of you have a tricks for maintaining fullness in dynamic vocals during the higher parts I'd love to know them.

Thanks

Q
Old 4th September 2011
You'll probably get a lot more answers from High End forum and So Much Gear So Little Time forum. Post your question there.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search