The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What is your favorite electronic music LABEL? (Oh,and give 1 EXAMPLE of why..) Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 2nd September 2011
Gear Addict

What is your favorite electronic music LABEL? (Oh,and give 1 EXAMPLE of why..)

Major, indie, big or small..minimal techno or gabba..anything goes as long as you post an example of what they are putting out and why you love it..

Il start, however, it is a tough decision! For me I think it is 'freude-am-tanzen'
They have been releasing beautifully organic techno and house for some time now, and the standards are always ridiculously high! People talk about a signature sound, well this label certainly has one, with rock solid releases from big artists such as the wighnomy brothers, marek hemmann..to more obscure releases from artists such as Kadebostan, and all coming from such a positive view on music creation and friendship,

rather than one track to indicate this, im linking a recent monkey maffia mix for your enjoyment: Freude am Tanzen label feature by Monkey Maffia - At Freude am Tanzen every artist cooks his own soup | Electronic Beats
Old 2nd September 2011
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear

Wackies is one of them!
Ooo that nice bass and lots of delay! INFORMER!
Old 2nd September 2011
Jet
Gear Maniac

Off the top of my head maybe Type or Soleilmoon, but instead, I'll say Ventricle. Every song on every album on Ventricle sounds exactly like this:

Old 2nd September 2011
Gear Nut

Bedrock
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear

Twisted (Shpongles's label)
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear

Warp.

I'm a big Autechre fan, but I'm also into Board of Canada, Aphex Twin, Plaid, etc.
Old 3rd September 2011
Gear Nut

Ghostly International because they are putting out consistently good releases nowadays and are all really nice, down to earth fellows.
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

Ninja Tune - Amon Tobin, Coldcut, The Herbalizer etc
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

Favorite or consistent? My biography can be written using the Mute records discography. In the early to mid 90's Warp did me right, as did Fax. These days, I really dig on stuff on that has no label, mostly individual artists releases. I don't want an editor, I want the artists vision, warts and all.
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

Brainfeeder - Flying Lotus, Tokimonsta
Hotflush - Mount Kimbie, Scuba
Ninjatune - Amon Tobin, Eskmo
Ultimae - AES Dana, H.U.V.A. Network, Solar Fields
Old 4th September 2011
Gear Addict

Used to be morrmusic as their music echoes my mentality perfectly.
Old 4th September 2011
it varies from time to time, right now it's diynamics:

and Liebe*Detail

Old 4th September 2011
Lives for gear

if i look over my record collection the obvious answer is Warp... but these days i'd say there is no favorite.. these days warp release more guitar oriented stuff than electronic..
Old 4th September 2011
Lives for gear

Traum - Extrawelt, Minilgoue, Max cooper, microtrauma

Old 4th September 2011
Lives for gear

metropolis because of Covenant's album Sequencer

*prepares to get flamed*
Old 4th September 2011
Lives for gear

Probably Twisted Records because Simon only adheres to very high quality releases from high quality artists.
Old 4th September 2011
Lives for gear

Warp, I,m also digging Ghostbox

LK
Old 4th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdog View Post
Ninja Tune - Amon Tobin, Coldcut, The Herbalizer etc
I'll second that
Old 4th September 2011
Gear Maniac

I can't post YouTube links from here, but:

Minimal Wave recordings AND

Wierd Records.

Reasoning: string machines, fuzzboxes, four tracks, European vocalists with bob haircuts and sad voices, MARTIAL CANTEREL and DEUX amongst others...
Old 4th September 2011
Here for the gear

My current favourite labels are:
WeRecommendRecords's sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
and
Macarize's Spotlight page on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
Both have really good qualitative progressive house tracks IMO!
Old 4th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowelectronic View Post
Ghostly International because they are putting out consistently good releases nowadays and are all really nice, down to earth fellows.

yep same here.
Old 4th September 2011
Gear Head

drop music

inland knights

freaky behaveour
for starters
Old 4th September 2011
Lives for gear

Echocord [colour]. Because they've been doing the same thing for years, and haven't really played to any particular trend. Their sound is pretty much their own, and when they release better known artist it still fits them perfectly. Most importantly however they've gained a following because they release amazing music.
I think it's unusual, and striking, that they place so much conviction in their aesthetic.

Old 4th September 2011
ed banger because all releases sound straight in your face...
incredible mixdown!
Old 4th September 2011
Lives for gear

there's been so many great labels over the years for e.g prescription,transmat,guidance,warp,soma and many others but the one that really stands out has to be Underground Resistance...why?.. because they've never released a bad record in 20 years and before i forget you can put Basic Channel in the same boat as U.R
Old 4th September 2011
Lives for gear
it was Perlon for a long time. some timeless minimal house on that label but the last couple of years worth of releases haven't really done anything for me.

Hessle Audio seem to be the one these days. i've loved every single release so far. so may unique, minimal and dancefloor friendly tracks!

Old 5th September 2011
Gear Nut

Metalheadz Recordings

Examples.= Goldies Timeless LP, Metalheadz Platinum Breakz Series and many of the best Drum & Bass Releases. Has a charismatic Labelowner and tell me one "serious" DnB Producer who doesnt want at least one Release on Metalheadz....

Drum and Bass | Metalheadz
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

Rephlex records ..b'cause it has the best amongst the best of the best releases and artists
Old 7th September 2011

dim mak!! because aoki signs awesome talent that really stands out.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search