The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Can you identify this pad? Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear

Can you identify this pad?

Johnny Blas - Picadillo [Carl Craig's breakdown version] - YouTube

It's a remix from carl craig and came out in 1999. Vintage gear i guess.
Old 2nd September 2011
Deleted User
There are two pad sounds, I guess you mean the main (second) one. To me it sounds like a typical Roland Juno 106 pad with a phaser. The phaser could be Small Stone.

That sort of phaser and that sound is also typical for string machines and was/are widely used on machines as Solina, Arp String machines, Logan etc. Could be that, but I still guess it's a Juno 106 emulating that kind of strings machine sound.
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear

Im trying to identify the synth that plays the main melody. Im pretty bad at explaining sounds sorry :P And yeah it's very possible that there is a combination of many pads. If you can point to any specific vst this will also be helpful as my next gear purchase will have to wait long time.
Old 2nd September 2011
Deleted User
Sorry, I can't tell what the main melody is, except underscore to the percussion. But all synth sounds used can easy be created with the soft synths included by the DAWs such Logic, Cubase, Pro Tools etc.

So there are good news, the waiting for you is over!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search