The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
...and THAT is the secret to a successful music carreer!!
Old 2nd September 2011
  #1
Lives for gear
 
Naugo's Avatar
 

...and THAT is the secret to a successful music carreer!!

Damn, you guys just missed it!
Old 2nd September 2011
  #2
Lives for gear
 
Zombie H's Avatar
 

cool story bro...
Old 2nd September 2011
  #3
Lives for gear
 

tell it again
Old 2nd September 2011
  #4
Gear Nut
 
Ki-Lab's Avatar
 

so you take 2 oscillators and detune them = secret of success ??
Old 2nd September 2011
  #5
Lives for gear
 
Zombie H's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki-Lab View Post
so you take 2 oscillators and detune them = secret of success ??
it all boils down to "toppermost of the poppermost"
Old 2nd September 2011
  #6
Gear Guru
Don't marry your high school sweetheart... tutt ......
Old 2nd September 2011
  #7
Lives for gear
 
dhollmusik's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by djugel View Post
Don't marry your high school sweetheart... tutt ......
don't marry anyone...ever.
Old 2nd September 2011
  #8
Lives for gear
 
Simonator's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrok Rolles View Post
Damn, you guys just missed it!


I caught it before he edited the OP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrok Rolles View Post
A mouse mask
Old 2nd September 2011
  #9
Lives for gear
...and THAT is the secret to a successful music carreer!!

Mouse hat..... Check!
2 Oscillators de-tuned..... Check!
Everything sidechained..... Check!
Filter that goes WOMP..... Oh shiii mine only goes WOM
Old 2nd September 2011
  #10
Lives for gear
Do you buy a VCO hardware synth?
Old 2nd September 2011
  #11
Gear Maniac
 

1. be a banker
2. music as a hobby on your expensive home rig
3. ???
4. profit
Old 2nd September 2011
  #12
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhollmusik View Post
don't marry anyone...ever.
Speaks the truth, i got lucky and escaped my first marriage without loosing my ass. Once i'm out of the line of fire, i never go back in.
Old 2nd September 2011
  #13
Lives for gear
 
peter_martin's Avatar
 

rich parents?

Old 2nd September 2011
  #14
Lives for gear
 
ChristianRock's Avatar
 

The wrath of Don shall be upon this thread shortly. What a waste of time...
Old 2nd September 2011
  #15
Gear Addict
 

There is a secret, one simple rule you gotta follow which guarantees sucess in some form...

And ill tell you it now....

It's sheer bloody mindedness, and a strong enough obsession to keep going, keep working and keep doing your thing. Ignore all the usual easy excuses about money and life and other things, the easy cop outs so so many people take after a short while of trying.

Ignore all those excuse and never give up....keep going, keep strong. Don't listen to anyone who trys to say you should stop, judge yourself harshly and don't just be the "best you can be". Keep going until you can BE GOOD ENOUGH, or be better than most even.

Thats how you do it.

Everyone knows the saying "well you did the best you could and thats all anyone can ask for". Well if you really wanna be a sucess, you need to ask more of yourself much more.
Old 2nd September 2011
  #16
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie H View Post
cool story bro...
i thought it was too long. .. and boring.
Old 2nd September 2011
  #17
you need a quick brain and good opportunity.
Old 2nd September 2011
  #18
Lives for gear
 
mildheadwound's Avatar
Who you know, and more likely, who your parents know.
(The lesser alternative; blood, sweat and tears
~ not as effective, but more dedicated listening base)
Old 2nd September 2011
  #19
Lives for gear
 
Zombie H's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boon View Post
i thought it was too long. .. and boring.
Old 2nd September 2011
  #20
Lives for gear
 
Zombie H's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelAudio(Matt) View Post
There is a secret, one simple rule you gotta follow which guarantees sucess in some form...

And ill tell you it now....

It's sheer bloody mindedness, and a strong enough obsession to keep going, keep working and keep doing your thing. Ignore all the usual easy excuses about money and life and other things, the easy cop outs so so many people take after a short while of trying.

Ignore all those excuse and never give up....keep going, keep strong. Don't listen to anyone who trys to say you should stop, judge yourself harshly and don't just be the "best you can be". Keep going until you can BE GOOD ENOUGH, or be better than most even.

Thats how you do it.

Everyone knows the saying "well you did the best you could and thats all anyone can ask for". Well if you really wanna be a sucess, you need to ask more of yourself much more.
this really is the best answer out of all

the most talented people usually flake out or are so talented theyre bonkers in the head, the key is just to outlast your compatriats
Old 2nd September 2011
  #21
Lives for gear
 
blinky909's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace Clef View Post
Do you buy a VCO hardware synth?
it's best if on the day you breakup with your girl friend that her brother gives you a VCO based synth. then your success is directly tied to your relationship with the b*tch. i think that is customary.


i speak from experience.
Old 2nd September 2011
  #22
Lives for gear
 
Entrainer's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhollmusik View Post
don't marry anyone...ever.

OR marry the richest mark you can find.
Tell them a prenup destroys the whole
feeling of love and marriage is supposed
to be FOREVER.

Wait 3 years. Lawyer up.

Then buy a studio with the settlement
and write music full-time every month
on the alimony.
Old 2nd September 2011
  #23
Lives for gear
 
Zombie H's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entrainer View Post
OR marry the richest mark you can find.
Tell them a prenup destroys the whole
feeling of love and marriage is supposed
to be FOREVER.

Wait 3 years. Lawyer up.

Then buy a studio with the settlement
and write music full-time every month
on the alimony.
listen not all women are the same you have to be able to judge character beyond just looks

I have a great girl id like to intoduce you to she is really cool and hands-off

Old 2nd September 2011
  #24
Lives for gear
 
Entrainer's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie H View Post

I have a great girl id like to intoduce you

PERFECT!!!

Rich and single.
Old 2nd September 2011
  #25
Lives for gear
 
Zombie H's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entrainer View Post
PERFECT!!!

Rich and single.
plus she has some ideas for your live show and how you perform
Old 2nd September 2011
  #26
Lives for gear
 
Entrainer's Avatar
 

Or if they don't buy the "love is forever" line,
fall back to signing a prenup. Just make sure
you don't have a lawyer present. It'll be thrown
out of court.

For instance, Amy Irving received $100,000,000
after 4 years of marriage to Steven Spielberg.

Which is worth $200,000,000 in today's dollars.

Other than winning the lottery, that's the fastest
way I know to walk into something with no
marketable skills and walk away with $50,000,000
a year.

Of course, your contribution as a spouse is certainly
WORTH IT!

Who the heck else is going to tell the drivers,
assistants, nannies, and housecleaners what to do? heh
Old 2nd September 2011
  #27
Lives for gear
 

The secret to succe$$$$$????

Learn a few Crips rhymes and finger signs.
Wear as much bling as Mr T
Add a cap, make it point sideways. If this fails get a Rat Head wiv built in led's.
Some seminekked wimminz in yr video
The music... that's incidental fool
Old 2nd September 2011
  #28
Lives for gear
 
blinky909's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by asbak View Post
The music... that's incidental fool
straight out of low cash
Old 2nd September 2011
  #29
It is better to conquer yourself
Than to win a thousand battles.
Then the victory is yours.
It cannot be taken from you,
Not by angels or by demons,
Heaven or hell.
~ Buddha
Old 2nd September 2011
  #30
Lives for gear
 
peter_martin's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptil View Post
It is better to conquer yourself
Than to win a thousand battles.
Then the victory is yours.
It cannot be taken from you,
Not by angels or by demons,
Heaven or hell.
~ Buddha
Yep, so true, till the reaper come a knocking at your door.
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump