The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Replacing Mopho KB Voice Board
Old 1st September 2011
Lives for gear

Replacing Mopho KB Voice Board

Howdy slutz.

I'm having issues with my Mopho KB and I've been in contact with DSI Tech Support and they thing that I have a faulty voice board. They have offered to send me a new voice board to swap with my old one.

I also probably have the option of mailing my Mopho to them and letting them fix it, but they have indicated that they would prefer to just send me the voiceboard.

Does anyone have any experience in doing something like replacing the voice board on a Mopho? I am a total novice when it comes to doing technical repairs and I really am not comfortable doing anything beyond unscrewing things, unplugging ribbon connectors, and pulling chips from zif sockets.

Any advice? I just wanted a second opinion.

btw, if anyone is interested in seeing the weird things that are happening, here you go:

Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear
I don't have personal experience with repairing a Mopho. However, I would be willing to bet that if they are willing to just send a voice board out that it is probably just a matter of opening the case, unplugging a few ribbon cables, swapping out the card, reseating the cables, and closing the case.

Dave Smith has been building synths for close to four decades, I am sure he thought about stuff like this when he designed it in the first place(especially after having to deal with the P08 encoder issue).

If nothing else, ask if they have any service documentation so you can see how to do the repair before you commit.
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

Just to update everyone, replacing the voice board was super easy and painless and DSI are really easy to work with.

Best customer support I've dealt with in a long time. They really stand by their product.
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

I've read nothing but praise for DSI by customers. This is no surprise you were well taken care of! DSI will be getting my buisness in the very near future!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search