The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Flying Lotus used Reason 3.5 for everything up till now Desktop Synthesizers
Old 25th April 2013
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhollmusik View Post
Hiya mate

No change of heart. I believe in both of the following:

- vintage VCO poly analogues sound unique and can not be satisfyingly replicated by VST's.
- good musicians make great sounds regardless of the tools.

Darkpsy has been my favourite electronic dance music for about 6 years now, and I recognise that a lot of it is made ITB. That still doesn't change the unique uncopyable beauty of vintage VCO polysynths.
It literally warms my heart when things work themselves out on gearslutz
Old 25th April 2013
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by djugel View Post
yep.... and it shows. I find his music very plastic... maybe the most pedestrian music I've ever heard.
Seriously? GTFO man.
Old 25th April 2013
Lives for gear

Are you lot on acid or something, seriously? Do you have any idea how much dance music was made with just a single hardware sampler and maybe keyboard and basic sequencer..
Old 25th April 2013
Huge, huge fan of Los Angeles, it's hands down one of my favorite records ever, completely blowns my mind almost everytime I hear it, it has this organic hazy playful, almost tactile feeling to it I've never ever heard in music before.

The older more Dilla-lika tunes are very nice too, and of course the Reset EP, digging the sound on that - but Cosmogramma was just too loud for me (compressed to death or something), too jazzy as well. His newest, I don't know, never caught on me.

He did tweet about getting a Voyager and loving it quite a while back though, maybe a couple of years or something, so I doubt he's still only working in the box.

Fantastic producer though, hopes he goes back to more experimental sounding stuff sooner rather than later, all the fancy schmanzy jazzy stuff is boring.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search