The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Woodwinds Virtual Instrument? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 1st September 2011
Lives for gear

Woodwinds Virtual Instrument?

Alright so there are some pretty amazing "high-end" string virtual instruments (LASS, Hollywood, Symphobia) and also nice brass instruments as well...

What I cannot find is a virtual instrument dedicated to sampling wood winds.

What's out there?
Old 1st September 2011
Gear Nut

Do you not like the VSL winds? What about the winds in EW Symphonic Orchestra?

Are you needing to use an oboe or bass clarinet outside of an orchestral/film score context?

I think there is probably a lack of libraries because not that many of us need winds outside of the classical context. I know there are a lot of flutes from various cultures around the world.

The new-ish NI West Africa library has two flutes I'm in love with.
Old 1st September 2011
Gear Nut

What about SILK & RA? Are you thinking of classical western winds?
Old 1st September 2011
Gear Maniac

Anyone know if there's anything that could be used for jazz flute or latin flute out there?
Old 1st September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMurphyMusic View Post
What about SILK & RA? Are you thinking of classical western winds?
Neither of the above mentioned are really 'Woodwind' as mentioned by the OP - To be honest 'yes' there are loads of ethnic flutes and and winds but hardly anything in much detail ( relatively ) and nothing that fits in with Orchestral Brass and Strings

To the OP - EWSO Platinum Pro gives you a superb range of the core sounds and a wide range of articulations and at a very cheap price.

VSL is pretty much unsurpassed in it's range and sheer scale of true legato and brilliant diversity of articulations...if you have the power and the money

Symphobia gives you a quick fix for some of the most common group woodwind combinations but lacks the individual sounds of single instruments and only have basic articulations

Cinesamples Hollywood Winds ........ quick fix, short lived fun but not a serious option
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear

Specifically I am looking for a really nice oboe and clarinet that was sampled DRY...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search