The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
September 2011 New Gear Thread Desktop Synthesizers
Old 24th September 2011
Lives for gear

Just got this

And ordered one of these

Old 24th September 2011
Lives for gear

Wow there has been some killer gear this month.
Old 24th September 2011
Lives for gear

incoming!

Old 24th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiohack View Post
Ebbe und Flut mkII. Total impulse buy. I somehow ended up on the Schippmann website. Fate perhaps. Or at least that is what I keep telling myself. I saw that they were at the end of production, only a few remaining in stock. Pulled the trigger. Now I am broke and trying to figure out how to pay for the Future Retro XS I have on order from Jared. Crap. I am a gear addicted idiot.

P.S. Jared if you read this .... Don't worry. I will have your money when the FRXS is ready to ship ... I may have one less kidney .... but I will have your money.

Now I just have to figure out how to explain the kidney operation to my lovely wife ...

Cool! I think I got one of the last ones too. They're done making these. I wonder what's next.
Old 25th September 2011
Gear Addict

got me 27" screen, not so slutty...
but its a good upgrade from my old 2x19" screens...

Old 25th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
Cool! I think I got one of the last ones too. They're done making these. I wonder what's next.
Excellent. My Ebbe und Flut arrives Wednesday. The rack space is ready and waiting. It looks like Carsten is working on some Eurorack modular gear next. Please, oh please give me the strength not to jump down that rabbit hole. Getting hooked on fully modular would be my financial ruin.
Old 25th September 2011
Made a little demo video of the basic raw sounds of the SEM Pro.

Old 25th September 2011
Lives for gear

watching that video really made me wish my patch panel SEM was radioactive green
Old 25th September 2011
Gear Maniac

just picked one of these up, i actually like it better than the Voyager i used to own for some reason. This is a great synth!

Old 25th September 2011
Lives for gear

I picked an Eigenharp Pico this afternoon

Pretty cool device, hope to give it some good use together with the synths I have that respond to PolyAftertouch

And thanks to the user gbevin who helped me figure out the problems I was having with the breathpipe (strangely I had problems too in putting my Akai EWI3020 with EWI3030m working when I got it... I'm probably not that lucky with "breath things"...).
Old 26th September 2011
Lives for gear

Incoming...Bogner Shiva

Prince said it best:

"There come a time in every man's life, when he gets tired of foolin' around."

Enter Shiva (not this one):

But the Bogner one:

(Totally non-synth or electronic music related but still super cool. Simply the best guitar amp I have ever heard.)
Old 26th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramseur View Post
Prince said it best:

"There come a time in every man's life, when he gets tired of foolin' around."

Enter Shiva (not this one):

But the Bogner one:

(Totally non-synth or electronic music related but still super cool. Simply the best guitar amp I have ever heard.)
Nice! Reinhold Bogner comes in to my work place a lot. Really cool guy and he makes some great amps. I have a Triple Ecstasy and it's an amazing live amp. It's never done me right in the studio though. So strange. But in a live setting Bogner amps are one of the best! I'm actually thinking about selling my Bogner Half Stack to fund a Prophet 5 purchase.
Old 26th September 2011
Lives for gear

Nice!
Old 26th September 2011
F5D
Lives for gear

It may be an expensive idea to buy a car, if you are a gearslut. I happened to find a really nice bmw 5-series (2001) and love the car. So, all my gear money now goes in services and repairing parts that are still fine. heh
Old 26th September 2011
Lives for gear

Blasphemy! Sell that BMW immediately and buy a Jupiter or an Eventide.
Old 26th September 2011
Lives for gear

Ahh, f*ck it. Bought an Octatrack this morning. Once I realised that I didn't need the MD's synthesis sections, the rest was easy....

So.. 8 MIDI tracks sequencing the Virus engine; 4 percussion [BD/SD/HH/Perc] and 4 synth channels [arps/4-voice polyphony each/unquantised free-record/different step lengths/P-locks/3 LFO per track] and 8 tracks running sampling/loops/Guitar through Eventide/FX chains via Neighbor machines .... and... well... this thing is deep... goodbye computer, hello hands-on-FSU-in-realtime....
Old 26th September 2011
Lives for gear

gonne crazy today .. .

bought 1800 12" records.... all 80s ONLY!!!! all MAXI SINGLES!!!!!

ITALO heh
FUNK
POP
DISCO ELECTRO!!!

Must check them all but I will have like 900 doubles for sure

Attached Thumbnails
September 2011 New Gear Thread-records.jpg  
Old 26th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by roginator View Post
gonne crazy today .. .

ITALO heh
FUNK
POP
DISCO ELECTRO!!!

Nice!

Regards,
Frank
Old 26th September 2011
Jose Ramón Alvarado Villa

Quote:
ITALO heh
I thought you already had the biggest Italo collection around. heh
Old 26th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Solaris View Post
I thought you already had the biggest Italo collection around. heh
making it biggggggger
Old 26th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
ITALO heh
FUNK
POP
DISCO ELECTRO!!!
Hahahaha

Old 27th September 2011
hahaha
Old 27th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by beingmf View Post
Hahahaha

hahahaha

yeah that one is not going to stay for sure!!!
Old 27th September 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnurp View Post
just picked one of these up, i actually like it better than the Voyager i used to own for some reason. This is a great synth!

I know what you mean! But I can't live without my Voyager too because it's got such a different sound. The Phatty is definitely more modern and can get very aggressive thanks to the distortion. And there's just a nice simplicity about it that makes it more inviting to program than even the Voyager.
Old 27th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
gonne crazy today .. .

ITALO heh
FUNK
POP
DISCO ELECTRO!!!

Heheheheheheee

Martinelli Orient Express, Dead Or Alive, Whitney Houston, Brooklyn Express, Wham, Arcadia, Howard Jones, and...

... TRANSVISION VAMP !! I swear I had totally forgotten about Transvision Vamp until I started watching the covers of your new records heh Aah...the '80s
Old 27th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persemone View Post
Ahh, f*ck it. Bought an Octatrack this morning. Once I realised that I didn't need the MD's synthesis sections, the rest was easy....

So.. 8 MIDI tracks sequencing the Virus engine; 4 percussion [BD/SD/HH/Perc] and 4 synth channels [arps/4-voice polyphony each/unquantised free-record/different step lengths/P-locks/3 LFO per track] and 8 tracks running sampling/loops/Guitar through Eventide/FX chains via Neighbor machines .... and... well... this thing is deep... goodbye computer, hello hands-on-FSU-in-realtime....
Crap, I did the same thing, only last night. This has been a big month for me gear purchase-wise. I think I need to seek counselling. My Ebbe und Flut arrives yesterday afternoon, which already broke the bank, and what do I do? In true gearslut fashion, I go out and order an Octatrack before I have finished racking the Ebbe und Flut up. It just hit me as I was staring at the empty box and packing material strewn about the floor, holding my new purchase in my hands. External gear, needs an external hardware sequencer for maximum knob-tweaking fun. (There is some irony in the fact that the although the Ebbe und Flut inspired me to purchase the Octatrack, the Ebbe und Flut is not even MIDI controllable.) Now I am just waiting around for another great idea to hit me. Where am I going to get the $$ to pay for this. I think I may have a problem.
Old 27th September 2011
Lives for gear

This:

and this:

and this:

and this:

For my new iPad 2. At last I have something to do on the train to work
Old 27th September 2011
Jose Ramón Alvarado Villa

Quote:
making it biggggggger
Hey man!

Will you give me a few doubles that contain Italo Disco?

(3-4 records that are not worth selling, yet still sound cool)

In return i can offer RS Components 2011 catalog that i got. (for free) heh

BTW!!! I have one Italo Disco record at the moment!!

It is called "The Best Of Italo Disco" !! heh

I got it from you. heh heh

For free!
Old 27th September 2011
DSK
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiohack View Post
Ebbe und Flut mkII. Total impulse buy. I somehow ended up on the Schippmann website. Fate perhaps.
Great call! The Schippmann is a lovely beast.

Very instrument like. Think of it as a modulation monster synth withouth the oscillator.

You'll love the compressor... the distortion... the gate etc. and the smoothness of it.

You need some things from the start to make the most of it.

Recall, a patchbay (to make crazy modulations and use the different modules separately) and a stand of some sort.

As a stand I shamelessly use this one

which iniatially was a present for my girlfriend but she just doesn't use the laptop so much these days... so heh
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/notebook-products/cooling-pads/devices/4841

Highly recommended as it puts the knobs at a really nice angle. And cheap too plus it doubles for your laptop

Also you are going to love this:

http://www.jof.org.uk/shop/recall-pl...-und-flut.html

^An excellent handy recall plugin for easy integration in projects at the small price of 6 euros. Get the demo and see how nice it works... and then get used to having to remember at the end of the session to mirror the settings on the computer so you can continue from there.

Again so what that you are poor now?! This is one of the most flexible units out there that brings a lot to the table even if it's just one channel.
Old 27th September 2011
Lives for gear

I'm seeing some NICE decisions in this thread!
Good to see.

I got one of these

Which can be read about here:
Tape Op Magazine > Reviews > P3S Stereo Compressor

I like it. Very nice. Sounds a LOT better
than it looks.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search