The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
September 2011 New Gear Thread Desktop Synthesizers
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

Just placed an order for one of these:

I would have preferred the darker (cherry) finish to the maple, but the desk has been discontinued and the only ones I could find were in this finish. It's not ideal, but it seems like the best option for the money. At under $500, it's hard to complain... This will serve as my interim desk until I have the $3k and gigantic amount of space required for the Argosy Spaceship!
Old 14th September 2011
Jose Ramón Alvarado Villa

What a great sounding processor!
Attached Thumbnails
September 2011 New Gear Thread-89003-1-big.jpg  
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

Yep!
I love them, really vibey for digital units.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Solaris View Post

Old 15th September 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli View Post
Interested too. Been wanting to try something like this for ages. I think there is also software to perform this function right?
I updated the firmware, man it gets low latency now. It tracks very well.
I did try a free software audio to midi program but it was almost unusable because it was so slow. You can even do a keyboard split, well, fretboard.
Old 15th September 2011
Quote:

I have both versions, how well does it complement and sound with the Eventide?

I ask because I'm looking for Eventide to join the club.
Old 15th September 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazper View Post
I have both versions, how well does it complement and sound with the Eventide?
Hard to tell, because Eventide is not the part of this universe. What we see as individual Eventide unit is just a small visible part of its actual 4-dimensional body. Join the club and see for yourself. heh

They complement perfectly.
Old 15th September 2011
Oli
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ephemera505 View Post
I updated the firmware, man it gets low latency now. It tracks very well.
I did try a free software audio to midi program but it was almost unusable because it was so slow. You can even do a keyboard split, well, fretboard.
Sweet. Very interested now.

Has it greatly effected how you construct sequences?
Old 15th September 2011
Ordered this puppy 2 days ago

Old 16th September 2011
I'm loving it!
Attached Thumbnails
September 2011 New Gear Thread-img_0510.jpg  
Old 16th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by deft_bonz View Post
Ordered this puppy 2 days ago

Lol
heh
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTByrd View Post
Just placed an order for one of these:

I would have preferred the darker (cherry) finish to the maple, but the desk has been discontinued and the only ones I could find were in this finish. It's not ideal, but it seems like the best option for the money. At under $500, it's hard to complain... This will serve as my interim desk until I have the $3k and gigantic amount of space required for the Argosy Spaceship!
I replaced this desk with my Argosy desk. It is now my DJ Booth desk.

I liked this desk better with the top portion left off. It provided a huge amount of desktop real estate while giving me the racks below.

One word of caution on these desks, the rack holes aren't drilled real precisely, so expect to do some fidgeting if you try to utilize every space. Not everything will line up perfectly.
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric J View Post
I replaced this desk with my Argosy desk. It is now my DJ Booth desk.

I liked this desk better with the top portion left off. It provided a huge amount of desktop real estate while giving me the racks below.

One word of caution on these desks, the rack holes aren't drilled real precisely, so expect to do some fidgeting if you try to utilize every space. Not everything will line up perfectly.
Thanks for the heads-up. I really want an Argosy desk, but I don't have the space for it at the moment (not to mention that the one I want costs 6 times as much!). Argosy is definitely the flagship though. For now I just need something to get my 19" rack stuff closer to me... and it's hard to find anything that comes anywhere close to the Producer Station (despite its faults) for only $450.

And on the bright side, I managed to change my order from maple to cherry, which will look much nicer with my gear!
Old 16th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTByrd View Post
And on the bright side, I managed to change my order from maple to cherry, which will look much nicer with my gear!

ps. was gonna use the thumbsup smiley BUT IT'S NOT THERE ANYMORE
Old 16th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by target_destroyed View Post
Lol
heh
imagine how i am going to laugh at my customers, when they ask what this puppy does: "it makes it warmer and glue it together, just turn that knob", and then watching them and see how they can hear the change for real heh heh heh
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

Just paid for these:

Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:

Got a defective one on Ebay the other day. At least I think it is defective. Is every effect supposed to be distortion?
Old 16th September 2011
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli View Post
I've got one of these. Mine is noisy as hell. How's yours? Do you like the effects? I suspect mine needs a good servicing.
I just got round to trying mine out, mine is pretty quiet, nice sound from this little box though. Maybe yours does need a good service.
Old 16th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Just picked up an Eventide Pitchfactor to run the Slim Phatty and Supernova through. Can't wait for that thi g to arrive! I'm also considering grabbing an Apogee Duet 2 and an Eventide Timefactor. We will see.

I also sold a bunch of gear this month.
Machinedrum - This just wasn't for me, might go JoMox 888 or Vermona
Korg Ms2000B - sorry to see this one go, but I'm trying to downsize in an attempt to stay more focused when writing
Still need to sell my Access Virus XL but I don't feel like deali g with EBay right now
Old 16th September 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by initself View Post
Got a defective one on Ebay the other day. At least I think it is defective. Is every effect supposed to be distortion?
Go to Config presets. If those are all distorted, then you know your unit is ****ed up.
Old 16th September 2011
Going on a holiday to Ibiza (gonna see Sasha at Patcha ) with my new girlfriend to fetch some inspiration. Better than a new filter!

Old 16th September 2011
Oli
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn303 View Post
I just got round to trying mine out, mine is pretty quiet, nice sound from this little box though. Maybe yours does need a good service.
Cool, thanks for getting back on this one. I may try recapping it at some stage. Not sure what else to try as yet.
Old 16th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmey View Post
I'm loving it!
How does it compare to the electribe that I see lurking in the corner?
Old 16th September 2011
Oli
Lives for gear

Bought from rolo. Pretty nice really. Been noodling around for the last two hours, running dry, or through a DP/2. It's a bit scratchy here and there, but overall pretty decent. First analogue kit for ages for me. Fun stuff.
Old 18th September 2011
Old 18th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodsample View Post
I'm curious if its as good as everyone says it is.
Old 18th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by djshire View Post
LennarDigital - Sylenth1
Old 18th September 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by djshire View Post
yes, please post a review, once you get to know it?
Old 18th September 2011
The sylenth is a great sounding synth. I mainly use it for basses, leads or chords.
Old 18th September 2011
Gear Nut

Feelsgoodman.
Old 18th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Is it just me or the main "screen" on the synth seems to be a replica of the V-Synth one?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search