The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
September 2011 New Gear Thread Desktop Synthesizers
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear

Takamine thinline electroacoustic, lovely nylon sound and great pickups. A worthy workmanlike companion to the Pacifica electric.

In the interests of sluttiness, honourable late mention to July's Eventide Eclipse... wow... Just wow.... What a great unit.. The downside is my TC Helicon Voiceworks must now follow the Radias out the door.
Hmmm. does the Virus TI ( my 4th... This time a desktop) picked up on August 31st count?

Very very near to slutting out on a Slim Phatty. We'll see.
Old 5th September 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by depulse View Post

Powercore Compact plus Virus plugin for less than 200 dollars.

Excuse my ignorance/laziness but can this be used as an external Firewire Hub?
Old 5th September 2011
Gear Head

Finally took the plunge. I was feeling limited by my Little Phatty, but this thing is capable of some wild sounds. Now the dilemma is, do I sell the Phatty or keep it to interface with the FRXS, so I can use the Moog's filters too?
Old 5th September 2011
What is that?
Old 5th September 2011
Old 5th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by widdershins View Post

Finally took the plunge. I was feeling limited by my Little Phatty, but this thing is capable of some wild sounds. Now the dilemma is, do I sell the Phatty or keep it to interface with the FRXS, so I can use the Moog's filters too?
I had this combination. I say you keep the Phatty. It's worth it for the legato, filter (overload rocks), continuous oscillators, etc. Plus you can add noise to the Phatty with the XS or just use them both together.
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

heh
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

I've been evaluating various softsynths recently, looking for one that genuinely sounds different to anything else that I have.

This is the winner:

I ended up buying it second-hand from someone on KVR.

Second place, BTW went to Waldorf PPG Wave v3, which I liked a lot and may end up buying at some point. The demo won't expire for another two months anyway, so meanwhile I have them both.
Old 8th September 2011
Well the Duet 2 doesn't work so now I have to have AMS get it fixed because they don't have another one. But yeah right I'm waiting two weeks for this ****, if they can't get this back to me by next week then I'm just returning it and buying at new one at Sam Ash.
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmicide View Post
Well the Duet 2 doesn't work so now I have to have AMS get it fixed because they don't have another one. But yeah right I'm waiting two weeks for this ****, if they can't get this back to me by next week then I'm just returning it and buying at new one at Sam Ash.
Ahhh bummer man! I have a duet2 and the thing is the perfect compliment to my MBP studio rig. If i were you i wouldn't waste the time, just return it and spend the extra bucks to get a new one.
Old 8th September 2011
Old 8th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrok Rolles View Post
Ahhh bummer man! I have a duet2 and the thing is the perfect compliment to my MBP studio rig. If i were you i wouldn't waste the time, just return it and spend the extra bucks to get a new one.
I saved $100 though :/ I'll most likely do that though.
Old 8th September 2011
Deleted User
i bought these two Lexicon effects units.

Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

I got a Novation Remote SL Zero yesterday... but I hope next week I'll pick up 2 extra goodies
Old 8th September 2011
Oli
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn303 View Post
I've got one of these. Mine is noisy as hell. How's yours? Do you like the effects? I suspect mine needs a good servicing.
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodsample View Post
What's this thing?
Old 8th September 2011
Gear Guru

Critter & Guitari Pocket Piano.
Old 8th September 2011
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

Are guitars gear. If so i have been slutty
Old 9th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by beingmf View Post
heh
Yeah been wanting a PC2 for ages myself...

Upgraded from my old Duet to a new one.

Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

$40 of Craigslist =o]

Old 9th September 2011
Oli
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid Hazard View Post
$40 of Craigslist =o]
Ooh, good deal. Wish I could get that sort of chance in my neck of the woods.
Old 9th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by msl View Post
Yeah been wanting a PC2 for ages myself...

Upgraded from my old Duet to a new one.

I have to mail mine in tomorrow to get it replaced, and like if that wasn't bad enough already..

Quote:
Due to the Duet2-USB new product status, Apogee Electronics is currently experiencing a high demand for orders and we are currently out of stock. Apogee expects to receive new inventory within the next 2-3 week period or sooner and we will fulfill your replacement request in the order the requests have been received.
Old 9th September 2011
Yeah I know, thats pretty unlucky man, I'm waiting too... was originally supposed to arrive the 6th (so I sold my old one on like the 2nd ), now its the 12th. Hopefully it won't get pushed back again.

Old 9th September 2011
I actually sold my MR816 X and was trying to sell my One. I guess the One's gonna have to wait a couple more weeks to be re-listed on the bays.
Old 9th September 2011
the last eurocrack for a loooooooooooooooooong time:
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

kontakt 5 arrived today. a lot of new filters in there, havent really tested the EQ and compressor and transient designer out just yet as im enjoying putting the filters through their paces too much :D
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

Picked up Massive for $80 and sold Operator for $70.

Very happy indeed.
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptil View Post
the last eurocrack for a loooooooooooooooooong time:
The CVWS is on my list of wants. I love Bubblesound's modules! The uLFO is great! Especially as an Oscillator.
Old 9th September 2011
Deleted #8726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Sticks View Post
Got delivered yesterday. Just got to work out how I'm gonna get it out the garage and upstairs in my bedroom studio. Think the king size bed is gonna have to go ;O0

Nice!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search