The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Yamaha MoX6 VS Korg M3 Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 31st August 2011
Yamaha MoX6 VS Korg M3

This is my first post on the forum. This is a wicked site. I need some help with regards to these two keyboards. I have been researching these two keyboards and need some input and opinions. I am leaning towards the Mox6 but dont have that much experience with the korg M3. All I care about is quality of sounds and not as a work station. I already have a Rackmount Motif first version which is nice. The Mox6 in my opinion sounds different than the mox6 although they are based on the same technology. Can you guys give me your opinions on the M3. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You For Your Time.
Old 31st August 2011
Lives for gear

Welcome to GS!

Since you already have the motif rack, I would just go for the M3.

The M3 has some really nice sounds...

The only thing is its nearly impossible to analyze patches, to see whats modulated and where....but i'm not sure if you will be doing that...
Old 1st September 2011
Lives for gear

M3, karma plus some killer FX
Old 1st September 2011
Gear Head

Tally a vote for the Yamaha.

I've owned an M50 and a Motif XS (same sounds as Mox) and there really is no comparison. The Motif's sounds are so much more organic than the Korg. While the M3 would definitley have some good patches... It's a sad fact that most of them are unusable. After owning a Korg Radias and playing around with an MS2000, the stock synth sounds are pretty much a joke on all Korg workstations. I don't know why that is. Their VA lineup is pretty legit... But it doesn't transfer over to their workstation lineup. Although, as an exception, their synth strings are pretty solid.

Whereas EVERYTHING sounds good on the yamaha. With the acoustic instruments being the most drastic... Everything sounds better on the Yamaha. I have yet to find a ****ty patch.

While there's something to be said for Karma and also the touchscreen experience, the clear choice for me is to go with the Yamaha engin

*Oh wait, you already have a Motif rack? No need to double up. Go with an M3 or Fantom.
Old 1st September 2011
Lives for gear

If you have a rack mounted motif I'd either sell it first, or get the m3. Yamaha>korg for me personally though (overall, korg has some great signature sounds and definitely isn't bad)
Old 1st September 2011
Gear Addict
i don't know the 'x' series but there were huge difference in sound quality between MO6 and Motif version
Old 1st September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiTeR-aR View Post
i don't know the 'x' series but there were huge difference in sound quality between MO6 and Motif version
MO6 had 75mb ROM, MOX has 355mb, which is the same as pre-xf Motifs.

I don't really understand the question though, if you're just looking for the best sounds, why would you get another Motif? For more channels?
Old 1st September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdtrbn View Post
MO6 had 75mb ROM, MOX has 355mb, which is the same as pre-xf Motifs.

I don't really understand the question though, if you're just looking for the best sounds, why would you get another Motif? For more channels?
Well I have the synth stuff sort of covered. I have dave smith poly evolver, moog slim phatty, korg r3 and virtual synths. Just looking for good clean orchestral sounds. I love the motif rack but I thinking about getting another synth with good orchestral bread and butter for more channels. The m 3 seems pretty cool but I'm not to familiar with it. The mox6 has quite a few other sounds that the motif rack doesn't have. I need a good arsenal of bread and butter sounds. Thanks for your time.
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear

mox is basically half a motive xs poly and no sampling and smaller screen . so its a damn good deal for a budget keyboard

but in this case id go the korg m3 . you already have a yammy rompler . the korg will give you a different sound , great interface , sampling , karma , more sounds/poly/efx.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search