The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
MFB Dominion X
Old 9th October 2012 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by zahush76 View Post
Hey tripbeat.
Any news regarding the developement and release date of the dominion 5, now that the dominion x has been out for some time?
we are two person company and work hard on it.
first dominion 1 and drummy 523 (working title),
then dominion 5, more info soon
Old 10th October 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Really looking forward to the 5 with the SED filter. I hope the price is right on it...that filter sounds really, really good.
Old 1st December 2012 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Im considering my first semi-modular and struggling to make a decision over a Dominion X with Urzwerg Pro or an Analogue Solutions Vostok V2. Im mainly wanting to introduce interesting melodic sequences within my music (similar to depeche mode violator onwards). The Vostok seems limited at 8step however I'm assuming it would be more flexible for sound shaping but I could be wrong.

Would love to hear what you guys think
Old 2nd December 2012
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
I have a Dominion X at home right now, it belongs to a student of mine who bought it as his first serious synth. I have played with it for a few hours and I must say that it's a lovely instrument. It sounds great, mfb filter and all, it feels good, it's small and lightweight, and very easy to program once you get to understand the quirks and shortcuts they made in order to save space (and parts, probably). It has a full, aggressive sound.
As soon as I feel to have spent enough time with this little beast, I'll write a review.
Old 16th December 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino View Post
I have a Dominion X at home right now, it belongs to a student of mine who bought it as his first serious synth. I have played with it for a few hours and I must say that it's a lovely instrument. It sounds great, mfb filter and all, it feels good, it's small and lightweight, and very easy to program once you get to understand the quirks and shortcuts they made in order to save space (and parts, probably). It has a full, aggressive sound.
As soon as I feel to have spent enough time with this little beast, I'll write a review.
I would appreciate your review very much!
Old 21st December 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
me too
Old 21st December 2012
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Thanks - I'm trying to write a quite torough review of the Dominion X, as I've had it at home for quite some time. It's almost ready, but I don't have much time and English isn't my first language, so I'm going a bit at a time.... btw it's coming.
Old 21st December 2012
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
OK, it's done. MFB Dominion X
Old 21st December 2012 | Show parent
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino View Post
OK, it's done. MFB Dominion X
really great review - thanks. Im now considering this machine - although it may be a bit forward for my needs...The Leipzig is also on my list...and Boomstar...

Have you tried a Leipzig by any chance?
Old 21st December 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
thanks. that is one thorough review (i secretly hoped youll bring some demos in it as well but.. )

aughh no disconecting of VCO3 from the keyboard CV is a big handicap for FM applications... other than that the glide and velocity options are impressive it seems. like how you described the sound of filter and oscillators... thats pretty much ho it sounds on their demos. maybe SED version will remedy things at least on the filter end of things i.e. for more creamy/silky stuff..

i am little worried about the fast attack clicking tho..
Old 21st December 2012 | Show parent
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by clusterchord View Post
thanks. that is one thorough review (i secretly hoped youll bring some demos in it as well but.. )

aughh no disconecting of VCO3 from the keyboard CV is a big handicap for FM applications... other than that the glide and velocity options are impressive it seems. like how you described the sound of filter and oscillators... thats pretty much ho it sounds on their demos. maybe SED version will remedy things at least on the filter end of things i.e. for more creamy/silky stuff..

i am little worried about the fast attack clicking tho..
yeah the SED does sound a bit more creamy in the soundcloud demos...it might have jumped up the list for me...Β£675 at thomann...tempting....
Old 21st December 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I really wanted to like this synth but didn't find any of the demos very attractive, even with the SED filter.
Old 22nd December 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by lysander View Post
I really wanted to like this synth but didn't find any of the demos very attractive, even with the SED filter.
MFB Dominion X / X SED – der OSCar Effekt | GreatSynthesizers

(it's a German page - simply scroll down to find the demos)

Did you tried out the demos of this site?
Old 28th December 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looping Loddar View Post
MFB Dominion X / X SED – der OSCar Effekt | GreatSynthesizers

(it's a German page - simply scroll down to find the demos)

Did you tried out the demos of this site?
Thanks, yes I did a while ago.
I just find it alltogether a bit cold / lacking in character
Old 30th January 2013 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripbeat View Post
we are two person company and work hard on it.
first dominion 1 and drummy 523 (working title),
then dominion 5, more info soon
Haven't heard from you since October last year, just wondering Tripbeat, any news on the analog poly?
Old 31st October 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Forgive me for being too lazy to read through all 12 pages of this thread to find the answer to my question. But does anyone know if MFB plan to update the Dominion firmware so that its LFOs will properly sync to MIDI clock? As I understand it, the Dominion's LFOs currently "sync" by reseting the LFO start in response to MIDI clock. This same approach was used on the Nord Lead (which I own). Trust me when I say that it's a pain in the ass to try to adjust the tempo of the LFOs on the synth to match the MIDI tempo as closely as possible in order to avoid retriggering the LFOs too early or too late.
Old 8th October 2015 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Maven View Post
Forgive me for being too lazy to read through all 12 pages of this thread to find the answer to my question. But does anyone know if MFB plan to update the Dominion firmware so that its LFOs will properly sync to MIDI clock? As I understand it, the Dominion's LFOs currently "sync" by reseting the LFO start in response to MIDI clock. This same approach was used on the Nord Lead (which I own). Trust me when I say that it's a pain in the ass to try to adjust the tempo of the LFOs on the synth to match the MIDI tempo as closely as possible in order to avoid retriggering the LFOs too early or too late.
I'm interested in this too. I have one on the way and had only skimmed the manual before I bought it, assuming it was pretty easy to do a lfo sync.
πŸ“ Reply