The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Fixing a buzzing transformer in a JX-3P
Old 4th March 2019
Gear Head

You guys should try (a quartett of) one of these (Typ A, B & C):

https://silentblock.de/produkte.php?sprache=English

They're decoupling the transformer from the housing or where ever it is mounted. Maybe those silentblocks could be of help here...
Old 4th March 2019
Lives for gear

In case of the ensoniq eps16+ keyboard, there's unfortunately no room to add something underneath the transformer.
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Ive also been having issues with a buzzy transformer in my JX-3P. Having read some of these replies, I took the top off, to taje a look. While the top was off, and after having checked the area for safety! I turned it on..... no buzz...at all. Then I remembered something from physics class too many years ago. Magnets near transformers... bad news. How nany of you have a Programmer for your JX3P, and is it attached by nagnetic strip? Pulled off said magnetic strips, unit is now held on with velcro, no buzz, problem solved! Hope this helps somebody!
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Toadflax View Post
Ive also been having issues with a buzzy transformer in my JX-3P. Having read some of these replies, I took the top off, to taje a look. While the top was off, and after having checked the area for safety! I turned it on..... no buzz...at all. Then I remembered something from physics class too many years ago. Magnets near transformers... bad news. How nany of you have a Programmer for your JX3P, and is it attached by nagnetic strip? Pulled off said magnetic strips, unit is now held on with velcro, no buzz, problem solved! Hope this helps somebody!
a buzzing transformer isnt solved with velcro,rubber standoffs, etc, you may not hear it now, but its still vibrating, its just a matter of time, before it rubs through the varnish isolating the windings, then its a goner. Take it to an place that repairs electric motor, see if they can vacuum pack it,, that or hook a wire for a hanger, submerge it in varnish for 24 hours (never shake a can of varnish, you'll have thousands of bubbles that take forever to float out) Anyway take tranny out, let it dry for a couple days, then give it a try.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear