The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
SCSI for samplers, tips & solutions
Old 27th February 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by keefaz View Post
Well if importing wav files works on non-fat formated disks, I stand corrected...
Good point. How could the sampler load a FAT-alike filename if it hasn't support for FAT drives?
Old 28th March 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

K2000 problem mounting internal quantum SCSI drive

Hi ,

I am looking for troubleshooting tips for my K2000S (V3.87 OS) which has had a QUANTUM LP240S running for decades w/o issues.

I recently replaced the original display of the K2000 with a white on black LCD similar to Peter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJS5_1haRl8

Since teh internal hard drive is mounted to the bottom of the K2000, power connector and SCSI 50pin-ribbon cable had to come off in order to replace the display.
The new display has bus power and doesn't need a separate power connector anymore.

Since replugging the HDD's SCSI and power conector back into place, the disk now only would spin up upon power-on and show it's ID when selected in DISK mode.

Strangely enough, it would now only show its status as ASLEEP although spinning... no disk access is possible though, showing "PROBLEM MOUNTING DISK" everytime.
When trying to reformat, I get a "PROBLEM INTIALIZING DISK" error.
When I select SLEEP in disk mode, the drive would spin down as expected.

Not sure if this hints at a power, SCSI termination (drive is self terminating as I understand) or actual drive failure.

Any thoughts on how to start trouble-shooting ?
Could the SCSI cable cause that failure ? I noticed that the top part of the ribbon handle connected to the drive had broken off (the cable still seems to sit in place within the socket).

Would anyone happen to have any hints for continuing to troubleshoot ?
Thanks much in advance !
Old 28th March 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

..ok, tried a different 50 pin SCSI cable from an old desktop PC and it showed the same issue....cable seems to be off the list.
SCSI controller or HDD seem next suspects, right ?
Old 29th March 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrogearz View Post
..ok, tried a different 50 pin SCSI cable from an old desktop PC and it showed the same issue....cable seems to be off the list.
SCSI controller or HDD seem next suspects, right ?
I don't have a K2000, but just a few general checks.

- Check the internal SCSI connector on the board and your drive to make sure no pins got bent.
- Check (re-seat if plugin type and not soldered in) the 3 termination jumper plugs.
- Re-seat any jumpers on the drive and check to make sure none wiggeled loose or fell off.

If you have another SCSI device (internal or external like CD) you can throw on to see if it is a SCSI issue or your drive might have finally died.

As a last resort, return the gear to the state before you swapped the display and see if things start working again.
Old 29th March 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Hi,

thanks for getting back.

The SCSI jumpers needed to be removed when the HDD got installed in the first place, as it would have active termination. So no change there...

Internal SCSI socket looks good and all external SCSI devices are still working ok.

What doesn't sound too promising is that I was able to mount the drive in my old SCSI PC and the Adaptec card would hang up trying to intialize the drive as ID#1 (still jumpered correctly).
So,there is no chance of accessing the disk and running some diagnostic tools.

While this could still be a termination issue with the primary HDD installed as ID #0, there is some chance that the drive SCSI controller has finally given up....
Old 23rd May 2020
Gear Nut

Anyone know if I can pop one of these StarTech 3.5" IDE-CF readers into an Akai S2800 ?

These:

https://www.startech.com/HDD/Card-Re...re~35BAYCF2IDE
Old 23rd May 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by devontodetroit View Post
Anyone know if I can pop one of these StarTech 3.5" IDE-CF readers into an Akai S2800 ?

These:

Not without investing in an additional adapter (SCSI to IDE)
2800 has no IDE interface. If it has the SCSI option (AKAI IB-301S) you would need a something like an ACARD SCSI to IDE Bridge.
With that said, still no guarantee it would work.
IMHO, buy a SCSI2SD if you are looking to add storage.
Old 24th May 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by devontodetroit View Post

These:

Buy a SCSI2SD.
Old 5th June 2020
Here for the gear

Hi, gearslutz
I recently got a Akai S1100 but there are seems some problem with it. First the floppy drive can't format my disk(which I've tested ok on my Akai S3000XL floppy drive.). I think maybe it's a faulty drive?
So I opened it up I found a internal Seagate hard drive attached to the machine, which I guess thru internal SCSI. But when I tried to load the hard disk it shows " harddisk not ready".
So anyone here might know about this situation? I am thinking to change a floppy emulator but really wondering why the internal hard disk is not working.
And one more thing is I have noticed there are boot disk for the sampler. I haven't got one but the operating system seems fine. How can I check my version of the sampler's OS?
Many Thanks!

Last edited by jerry_hou; 5th June 2020 at 06:07 AM.. Reason: add information
Old 5th June 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry_hou View Post
Hi, gearslutz
I recently got a Akai S1100 but there are seems some problem with it. First the floppy drive can't format my disk(which I've tested ok on my Akai S3000XL floppy drive.). I think maybe it's a faulty drive?
So I opened it up I found a internal Seagate hard drive attached to the machine, which I guess thru internal SCSI. But when I tried to load the hard disk it shows " harddisk not ready".
So anyone here might know about this situation? I am thinking to change a floppy emulator but really wondering why the internal hard disk is not working.
And one more thing is I have noticed there are boot disk for the sampler. I haven't got one but the operating system seems fine. How can I check my version of the sampler's OS?
Many Thanks!
What I suggest you do is skip the floppy/floppy emulator completely, unless you want to use factory disk sounds. Get a SCSI2SD with an internal install bracket and you are set.

The OS is displayed on the screen as you boot. 4.4 is the latest and is needed if you want to connect to a computer via SCSI. The only practical way to do that is to use an old G3/G4 era or older Macintosh running MacOS not OSX. AFAIK

The hard disk is likely corrupted and may need to be formated. But first make sure you have it setup correctly in the disk menu. You need to set the SCSI ID to the correct numbers. Go through all the ID# and try mounting the drive. Setting the ID is on a different page from selecting the disk.
Old 9th June 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Hello people. Please help me. I am trying to wrap my head around SCSI2SD. I understand it somewhat but there are unanswered questions. I read the last 30 pages of this huge thread. I am even more confused.

Here is my situation. Recently I acquired AKAI S6000. Yes it does have a USB card but let's ignore it for now. I am saying for now because let's pretend I have a S5000 with no USB card - simply put i want to understand this whole thing.

I need SCSI2SD ASAP because noises coming out of my current SCSI hdd is making me mad + they are terrifying people and my cats (LOL).

That being said I will list my questions in order so anyone can put their answers after the number assigned to my question. I am pretty sure some of you know the answer to a few questions while someone else knows something else - hence my numbering.

We'll focus on SCSI2SD v6. I will go the V6 route only.

1. I see many of you are formatting their SD cards in chunks of 2GB. Why?

Comment: Note that i am aware of limitations on sizes for some other samplers and file formats but that is not the case for AKAI. My AKAI does have 80GB HDD. So why would i want 64GB SD card- splitted in chunks???

I am even more confused to see some ebay sellers doing the same thing. They are selling V6 boards with 16gb SD cards, specifically advertised as for AKAI S5000-S6000* pre-formatted in chunks of 2Gb. What is the logic behind this????

Why would I want to complicate my life with mounting several drives with their ID's when i can have one large container? Is there any performance subject to this or what?

I mean in this very same thread people are reporting that they are successfully formatted 64GB SD cards for their AKAI S5000 and they are using it as one large partition. Hence my confusion, why would i want to split this in little parts? That seems as a big hassle (to me) and it's super confusing seeing other people use 64gb single card, in their samplers?

2. I talked with some ebay sellers (which are splitting SD cards in chunks) and asked them if I could move SD card from SCSI2SD, later onto my PC card reader and see files inside Windows? They said no. Hm why not?

I asked them about that but no answer.

Filesystem is FAT32. AKAI format in FAT32. I sample and I place wav files on card. Why on earth would I not be able to see these files on my PC ???

I am not talking here about propriety closed formats, I get that but why wouldn't I see .wav file on my card - which is placed on FAT32 filesystem?

Are these sellers just clueless, they want to mystify their product or am i missing something?

3. MicroSD to SD card adapter. I have some good offers on obtaining Sandisk microSD cards. Simple question. If I buy 64gb microSD and put it inside a microSD to SD adapter - will that work normally in SCSI2SD v6?

My simple logic tells me that this should be possible but i know nothing. Zero experience with SCSI2SD.

4. External SCSI drive with V6 - example: https://samplerzone.com/collections/...2sd-v6-0-drive

I get it and I like it. I like the fact that I don't have to modify the internals of my existing sampler + i can use this same housing/drive on (example) Yamaha RS7000 (which is having different file format altogether i get that).

I see a microUSB connector there. Also I learned that these V6 versions can "act" as USB readers.

4.1 Is the microUSB connector used to power up this little box ? Meaning i need to have the computer close to it, being turned on whole time? Or can I plug in some adapter to it (like a cellphone charger)? If so, which one?

4.2 that same port can be plugged with (example) mobile cable - microUSB to USB and then on to my computer and that way I will see all files on cards? + it will be used to provide power for that little box?

4.3 I am mistaken entirely and I can power this little box via a provided SCSI cable which will draw power from the back of my SCSI connector - placed on the back of AKAI?

Thank you so much in advance for any help. I'll appreciate it a lot. I have more of these weird questions but i am trying to keep it simple.

Old 12th June 2020 | Show parent
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by camadair View Post
Wanted to update on here in case anyone is starting with little or no knowledge like I was

you have to download scsi2sd-util and format/partition whatever your sd card from the miniusb plug on the scsi2sd
you need to then arrange each scsi id (0-5 and 7) in the sampler size:60Mb max:9 (A-I)
for it to show up in translator, you need to match the scsi2sd settings you wrote to the disk (id, block start, size) in the translator partition map preferences
Formatting a new SD card and trying to remember how to do it.
Here's the instructions for myself and anyone else who needs it spelled out simply--this is for SCSI2SDv6 in an AKAI S1100:

-8GB sandisk SDHC card

on computer:
-download scsi2sd-util: http://www.codesrc.com/mediawiki/index.php/SCSI2SD
-open scsi2sd-util6
-Enable SCSI Target for all tabs
-change SCSI ID for all tabs 0-5 and 7
-SD card start sector for all tabs sequentially: 0, 2097152, 4194304, 6291456, 8388608, 10485760, 12582912
-device size for all tabs 1GB
-everything else in scsi2sd-util6 is default
-scsi2sd-util6 - File - Save to device

in sampler:
-DISK - FORM - ARR with settings: size: 60 Mb - max: 9
-do this for each of the 7 scsi id's (0-5 and 7) accessed through DISK - HDISK - SCSI drive ID: #

last step--very important--make some cool music
Old 12th June 2020 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by leon45112 View Post
Hello people. Please help me. I am trying to wrap my head around SCSI2SD...........
Okay lets see here..

1. Its probably just that a lot of the instructions floating around are either old and out of date, or were written with a particular sampler in mind that had those limits. If you know you dont have to work within those confines, then dont, setup your SCSI2SD drive for one big partition, whatever size SD card you buy. My EMU E5000 and E6400 were the last EMUs and the only ones released in 1999.. I use a single 64GB SD card in mine with no problem, but the EIV Ultras were way down the line at the end, so they were designed with the then current size limits and media in mind (they had IDE hard drives in them). Your S5000/6000 and the Z4/Z8 should be right along the same level as the EIVs were, they were all released in the same period.

2. Depends on the sampler. My EMU uses FAT32, but its also an unreleased beta version of the final OS and only the Ultra series can use it. A non Ultra E6400/E4X/E64/E4, will use the EOS format, and nope, cant read those in a Mac or PC. Same with the older Akai format. The Z's can use it, think the 5000/6000 can too. If its FAT32, you can swap it as you wish, thats how I copy my samples to it.

3. No clue but I dont see why not. The SCSI2SD used microSD cards up until the v5.1 came out.

4. The usb plug on the front is both the interface and power. Plug it into the computer, it will get power and you can browse your disk. Whether it can get power over SCSI depends on the sampler, its not a rule, my EMU does but SCSI2SD didn't exist when I had an Akai so haven't tried it there.
Old 12th June 2020
Here for the gear

camdair - just what i was thinking about and asking myself how is this done. I see it's AKAI S1100 procedure but this is great info. And Monotremata thank you so much i really appreciate your time.

I'll order one SCSI2SD v6 board.

Thank you so much guys i wish everyone good weekend
Old 17th July 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by camadair View Post
Formatting a new SD card and trying to remember how to do it.
Here's the instructions for myself and anyone else who needs it spelled out simply--this is for SCSI2SDv6 in an AKAI S1100:

-8GB sandisk SDHC card

on computer:
-download scsi2sd-util: http://www.codesrc.com/mediawiki/index.php/SCSI2SD
-open scsi2sd-util6
-Enable SCSI Target for all tabs
-change SCSI ID for all tabs 0-5 and 7
-SD card start sector for all tabs sequentially: 0, 2097152, 4194304, 6291456, 8388608, 10485760, 12582912
-device size for all tabs 1GB
-everything else in scsi2sd-util6 is default
-scsi2sd-util6 - File - Save to device

in sampler:
-DISK - FORM - ARR with settings: size: 60 Mb - max: 9
-do this for each of the 7 scsi id's (0-5 and 7) accessed through DISK - HDISK - SCSI drive ID: #

last step--very important--make some cool music
Thx!
So I did something very similar and it worked for me too.
The only thing that doesn't is for Chickensys Translator 7 to recognize these partitions. It's driving me nuts.
What must I do for Chickensys to see these volumes?
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggie1981 View Post
Thx!
The only thing that doesn't is for Chickensys Translator 7 to recognize these partitions. It's driving me nuts.
Above I wrote "for it to show up in translator, you need to match the scsi2sd settings you wrote to the disk (id, block start, size) in the translator partition map preferences"

If I remember correctly, you have to manually enter the id, block start, and size numbers into translator, matching the ones that the scsi2sd-util6 software wrote.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thx!
remember to always run Translator as administrator.
Here for the gear

Hey Camadair and ibtl, thank you so much for your assistance!!! Much appreciated.
So basically my settings are identical to camadair only I use a 16GB card (provided by SCSI2SD) and device size for all SCSI ID's is 600MB.
The Akai S1100 recognizes my SCSI2SD (which I connected externally) and I've also formatted the partitions in the same way Camadair did (-DISK - FORM - ARR with settings: size: 60 Mb - max: 9).

So the Akai S1100 connection works but the Translator one doesn't yet.

I've tried copying over the settings from the SCSI2SD into the translator partition map in Translator and tried all sort of other things but it won't see any of the virtual drives.

Other stuff I tried:

-Reformating the SD card and starting anew.
-Disabled the Translator SCSI2SD Multiple Device Detection option in the the partition map and then hit refresh in Translator (Someone recommended this)
-I loaded the XML file that I saved in SCSI2SD (which worked to get my AKAI S1100 to recognize the partitions) into Translator's SCSI2SD Partition Map. This avoid me from having to put in all the info manually and I'm also sure that it's all identical.

Questions:

1. Maybe I should format the SD card as MS-DOS and Master boot record scheme?
2. Maybe it's an issue with Translator 7? Are you guys using Translator 7 or 6?
3. I also have an Akai S3200. SCSI2SD says it's compatible with it. Unfortunately it won't recognize the formatted volumes I did on the Akai S1100. Formatting also does not work.
4. A more general question. Whenever I do the Format-Arrange into multiple partitions on the Akai S1100. Do I always need to let it run? It takes quite a while for it to check for those bad sectors... Is it ok for me to just skip (by pressing F8) this?
5. Maybe I should put in all the values manually into Translator's SCSI2SD Partition Map after all? (seems redundant though unless the cause has to do with some bug in the Translator program).
5. Any other ideas of how I can get Translator to work?

Thank you so much guys! I really hope to get this working. Once I figure this out I'll also post a very detailed explanation and guide how I made it work.
Here for the gear

Some pics of how I've got things setup
Attached Thumbnails
SCSI for samplers, tips & solutions-screen-shot-2020-07-17-11.41.04-am.jpg   SCSI for samplers, tips & solutions-screen-shot-2020-07-17-11.44.38-am.jpg   SCSI for samplers, tips & solutions-screen-shot-2020-07-17-11.44.50-am.jpg   SCSI for samplers, tips & solutions-screen-shot-2020-07-17-11.44.56-am.jpg  
Here for the gear

Two more Pics of my disk utility:

Maybe I should change the partition to Mac OSX Journalled/Master Boot Record?
(or AFS?)
Attached Thumbnails
SCSI for samplers, tips & solutions-screen-shot-2020-07-17-12.16.11-pm.jpg   SCSI for samplers, tips & solutions-screen-shot-2020-07-17-12.16.20-pm.jpg  
Old 19th July 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

UPDATE:
I've spent many hours today, disconnecting SCSI cables, USB cables, launching SCSI2SD, Chickensys Translator, changing disk partition sizes, trying different SD cards, different usb cables and more. Exhausted!
At least there is some relief in the fact that I've figured out how to make SCSI2SD work for me. This program is no longer an issue. It works great!
Chickensys Translator 7 does not work at all!! No matter what I do, it won't recognize any of the SCSI2SD partitions. This is so frustrating!
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP?

Stuff I tried:
- Different brand SD Cards (Sandisk 16gb and Transcend 8GB).
- Different formatting schemes (always chose Master Boot record, tried the following schemes APFS, Mac OS Journaled, MS-DOS Fat).
- Different sizes for the partitions on the SCSI2SD drive (600MB, 1GB, 2GB. I think I also tried 540MB and probably also 510MB/512MB last week).
- And of course I tried all of this also with all the settings below. Setting that made the SCSI2SD work perfectly with my AKAI S1100 (O.S 4.3) and AKAI s3200 (O.S 2.0)

Things I discovered to make SCSI2SD work perfectly with my AKAI S1100 and AKAI S3200 (Importantly this has been tested with my SCSI2SD V6.1 connected externally)

1. In order to save yourself from going crazy, just stick to making 2GB partitions only. The Akai S1100 will recognize other sizes (such as 600MB, 1GB) but the S3200 is very finicky with the size. 2GB will work with it perfectly though. So if you want both samplers to be able to read all the partitions – I REPEAT – stick to 2GB only. Also, format the drives in the S3200. That's the way to go. The Akai S1100 with OS 4.3 can read these volumes!
2. Both SD cards I used worked. The first is a 16GB Sandisk Ultra 80MB/s (which was provided by the SCSI2SD (inertial computing store). The second is a 8GB Transcend SDHC Class6 card I had lying around.
3. (This was not a discovery but something I will repeat in case it'll help someone out). As was stated a million times over in this forum and elsewhere. Do not use SCSI ID 6 in the SCSI2SD software! You can only use ID's 0,1,2,3,4,5&7.
Also SCSI ID 5 is the one that your AKAI s1100 or S3200 will read first when you switch on the machine. It might be the only one you ever use.
4. In the SCSI2SD utility window repeat the following for each of the Emulated Hard Drives that you want to create. In the first device tab put in the SCSI volume number (start with 0) then don't touch anything else and move straight to the device size tab and set that to 2GB (as I've expressed above!), next click on the AUTO button. That's it. You've just created your first Emulated Hard Drive. Repeat this exact procedure for each next tab, for SCSI Volume numbers 1,2,3 (and 4,5,7 if you have the SCSI2SD V6 Card). Remember, the V5 card card can only have 4 volumes total).
5.When done, click on File, then Save to Device.
6.(not necessary but useful) Click File, then "Save to File..." and store this (XML format) preset in a location of your choice. You may be using different presets in the future. This will avoid you from loosing precious time. [[ALSO, ONCE CHICKENSYS TRANSLATOR WILL WORK FOR ME (AND YOU?) YOU CAN LOAD THIS XML IN THE SCSI2SD PARTITION TAB OF THAT SOFTWARE.]]
7. Close the SCSI2SD program.
8. Disconnect the USB cable connecting your SCSI2SD device to your computer. I'm not sure wether this is necessary but it's something I've been doing all the time. Someone with experience, please let me know if this a redundant activity.
9.Connect the SCSI2SD to your akai S3200 with your SCSI Cable.
10.On the Akai go to DISK, then select your SCSI Drive ID, then FORM, set partition size to 60MB and the max value to 9 and then press ARR.
The Akai will start checking the virtual drive for bad sectors. I always press the SKIP button to get through this faster (NO ONE HAS YET RESPONDED WETHER THIS IS THE CORRECT WAY TO PROCEED BUT I THINK ITS FINE. ALSO, NO ONE HAS INFORMED WHAT THE DIFFERENCE IS BETWEEN ARR AND FORM BUT I'VE SEEN MULTIPLE PEOPLE SAY TO DO "ARR" AND SO THAT'S WHAT I'VE DONE. WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM SOMEONE WITH KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THIS).
11. Repeat step 10, either 3 or 6 more times. Depending on whether you use the SCSI2SD V5 board (max 4 volumes) or the SCSI2SD V6 board (max 7 volumes). OR, depending on wether you use a 8GB or 16GB card.

Probably some of your brains will explode on seeing such a big load of text! This is the best I can do in helping others without sacrificing even more of my precious time on this super hot day!

One more note for SCSI2SD V5 owners. I've read that in order to get Translator to work, the procedure is a little different. You'll need to assign a specific value in the SD card start sector in the first device tab of the SCSI2SD software utility. Check what they say about this on their website.

FINALLY: If someone, anyone, could help out with the passages marked in red above, I'd be extremely grateful. I so want to get Chickensys Translator working
THANK YOU
Gear Head

Man, my brain has never been as dizzy as after I got done reading all that text. =) Forgive me if I totally ignore all of it, my brain honestly can't handle it.

This REALLY isn't that difficult. (Did you read the manual?)

1) Insert SD card in your computers card reader. Avoid using the SCSI2SD for the computer (to make this simple)

2) Start Translator, go to Preferences-SCSI2SD Partition Map. Use the Load XML to load the XML referred by your post.

3) Exit the dialog and save the preferences.

4) Refresh Translator; the ID's should show up under Proprietary Drives on the left.

If they do not, contact us at support AT chickensys.com and we can help further.
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickeneps View Post
Man, my brain has never been as dizzy as after I got done reading all that text. =) Forgive me if I totally ignore all of it, my brain honestly can't handle it.

This REALLY isn't that difficult. (Did you read the manual?)

1) Insert SD card in your computers card reader. Avoid using the SCSI2SD for the computer (to make this simple)

2) Start Translator, go to Preferences-SCSI2SD Partition Map. Use the Load XML to load the XML referred by your post.

3) Exit the dialog and save the preferences.

4) Refresh Translator; the ID's should show up under Proprietary Drives on the left.

If they do not, contact us at support AT chickensys.com and we can help further.

Hi,

I definitely connected the SD card to my computer's card reader a few times (as I had seen mentioned online).
I also just now re-double checked the whole process in Translator with both my 8GB and 16GB cards and it's not working.
The only thing I did not troubleshoot is wether the issue might lie with my Totu 9-1 usb-c Hub. The SD card reader definitely functions perfectly for everything, other than of course SCSI2SD so far.
Recent MacBooks don't have in-built card readers and sometimes this can cause compatibility issues. I'll test the whole thing out with an older laptop (with in-built reader) tomorrow and if that doesn't work, I'll get in touch.

Thank you!

PS: I read the online translator documentation regarding all things SCSI2SD related and much more.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hi,

I definitely connected the SD card to my computer's card reader a few times (as I had seen mentioned online).
I also just now re-double checked the whole process in Translator with both my 8GB and 16GB cards and it's not working.
The only thing I did not troubleshoot is wether the issue might lie with my Totu 9-1 usb-c Hub. The SD card reader definitely functions perfectly for everything, other than of course SCSI2SD so far.
Recent MacBooks don't have in-built card readers and sometimes this can cause compatibility issues. I'll test the whole thing out with an older laptop (with in-built reader) tomorrow and if that doesn't work, I'll get in touch.

Thank you!

PS: I read the online translator documentation regarding all things SCSI2SD related and much more.
remember that you need to reserve a SCSI ID for your sampler. that looked like you were trying to assign all available IDs for flash partitions. isn't SCSI limited to IDs 1 to 7?
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibtl View Post
remember that you need to reserve a SCSI ID for your sampler. that looked like you were trying to assign all available IDs for flash partitions. isn't SCSI limited to IDs 1 to 7?
I believe not. The samplers have no issue reading SCSI port 0.
Substracting the native SCSI 6 of the AKAI Samplers, one can have a max of seven SCSI connections I think. All are recognized by both of my samplers via SCSI2SD

Here's more info on the topic: https://ask.adaptec.com/app/answers/...-controller%3F

Interesting is the SCSI2 protocol info on this page, stating that one can have access to a max of 15 devices, when in wide mode. Maybe something for a future SCSI2SD firmware update
Lives for gear

Quote:
I believe not. The samplers have no issue reading SCSI port 0.
Substracting the native SCSI 6 of the AKAI Samplers, one can have a max of seven SCSI connections I think. All are recognized by both of my samplers via SCSI2SD

Here's more info on the topic: https://ask.adaptec.com/app/answers/...-controller%3F

Interesting is the SCSI2 protocol info on this page, stating that one can have access to a max of 15 devices, when in wide mode. Maybe something for a future SCSI2SD firmware update
ah ok, i did wonder about 0. good site, that. i'm having issues with different cable/connector types atm.

what constitutes a 'controller'? so the sampler is the controller?
Gear Head

The user's issue with Translator is that he's running Mac 10.15 Catalina (all 64-bit) and within that OS Translator doesn't support proprietary drives yet. It will shortly.
Here for the gear

Quote:
The user's issue with Translator is that he's running Mac 10.15 Catalina (all 64-bit) and within that OS Translator doesn't support proprietary drives yet. It will shortly.
Excellent. Good to know that it's on its way. Looking forward!
Lives for gear

Quote:
hi, any chance you could upload a screenshot of the Format Options for EMU ESi ? 'EMU' comes up with settings for EOS by default.

we exchanged emails about this yesterday; i was trying to format a CF card - got it back, btw - had to re-assign a drive letter in Windows Disk Management. it was there, but Windows Explorer couldn't see it without a drive letter.

Gear Head

You can always check 'Check Unlettered Drives' in Options-General, so you don't have to assign the peripheral a drive letter.
📝 Reply