The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Waldorf Microwave I Soundsets Desktop Synthesizers
Old 13th February 2011
Gear Head

Waldorf Microwave I Soundsets

Hi everyone:

I'm trying to find some old, out-of-print Waldorf Microwave I soundsets as either cards or SysEx files:

Claudius Bruese (the regular card, not the "Drum" card)
Dirk Fabritius
Uwe G. Hoenig Tuergriff
Rob Papen Double Red

Does anyone have these who would be interested in a SysEx trade? I have all the other Signature and Techno Signature soundsets that Waldorf sold.

Thanks,
DBM
Old 18th February 2011
Lives for gear

since its up.. why not do a sysex xchange for this beautiful synth (some-one?

and can someone be so kind to post a link for available online patches ..thx!
Old 3rd March 2011
Lives for gear

Dave Morley had some for sale last year but they went, I'm after either downloads or cards too. Wish I knew where else to look for sounds.

Anyone know of a Microwave forum or resource other than Waldorfs?
Old 3rd March 2011
Gear Nut

you could ask on the waldorf mailing list: user-forum Info Page
Old 4th March 2011
Lives for gear

Great idea, thank you.
Old 5th March 2011
Lives for gear

Pretty sure I have double red on a card. Though I don't actually use any of my mw1 rom cards, I'd need to go looking.

I remember years ago this discussion came up, and it was decided that this was the wrong thing to do, as at the time they were still commercially available from one place. It's doubtful they are commercially available any more.

If it could be cleared that posting these would be ok, I'd be happy to dump my rom cards to sysex files.

Rob papen is still about, but doesn't even mention his microwave cards on his site anymore. Maybe he could give permission to share his now at the very least? Might also know who to talk to about the rest.

If anyone was to chase this up, i'd really love to have a play with all the mw2 soundsets one day, too.
Old 5th March 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofi View Post
Pretty sure I have double red on a card. Though I don't actually use any of my mw1 rom cards, I'd need to go looking.

I remember years ago this discussion came up, and it was decided that this was the wrong thing to do, as at the time they were still commercially available from one place. It's doubtful they are commercially available any more.

If it could be cleared that posting these would be ok, I'd be happy to dump my rom cards to sysex files.

Rob papen is still about, but doesn't even mention his microwave cards on his site anymore. Maybe he could give permission to share his now at the very least? Might also know who to talk to about the rest.

If anyone was to chase this up, i'd really love to have a play with all the mw2 soundsets one day, too.
+1 if it is "legit" I could share some other cards (none of those the OP is looking for though). I would suggest to make it on PM basis, though, so if they popup on ebay a week later we at least have a group of "suspects"
Old 5th March 2011
Lives for gear

... be great if this idea was legit!
Old 5th March 2011
Lives for gear

aaah, no double red here, just the rob papen techno card.

Had a bit of a google and MWII/XT soundsets are still available to buy online, from someone who claims to have the right to do so, I don't see free trading of those anytime soon.

But I haven't found anyone legally claiming rights to sell the MW1 soundsets yet.
Old 5th March 2011
Oli
Lives for gear

All my cards had batteries die. I replaced the batteries, but haven't been game to try them since. Pretty sure they're gone. Dud patches can crash the machine too.

I have some others which I bought online, but doubt they're legit. It's fun to see what other people do with this synth though.
Old 5th March 2011
Gear addict

I purchased the Microwave XT when it first came out back in 96 l also purchased a few of the soundsets that I still have. I'm not sure if this is what your looking for, here is what I have. I think these also work on earlier Microwaves.

• Studio & Production
  • Industrial
  • Techno
  • Analog
Old 6th March 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli View Post
All my cards had batteries die. I replaced the batteries, but haven't been game to try them since. Pretty sure they're gone. Dud patches can crash the machine too.

I have some others which I bought online, but doubt they're legit. It's fun to see what other people do with this synth though.
Rom cards don't have batteries to die. That's ram cards. Mw1 has both. Official soundsets all originally came on rom cards, but you can have one on a ram card if someone copied it there. I prefer ram cards, because I always need to tweak things.

Yeah, after a battery change from memory you should set your mw1 to an internal sound location, then power it off, insert the refreshed ram card, then on again. I think from there you do a format, or maybe just copy all internal sounds to the card.
Old 6th March 2011
I've been looking everywhere for MW1 soundcards. No luck.
I would have paid.

I have a Voice Crystal MW1 card somewhere. I put it somewhere safe, but have been looking for it again for several months.
Old 6th March 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEBEQ View Post
I purchased the Microwave XT when it first came out back in 96 l also purchased a few of the soundsets that I still have. I'm not sure if this is what your looking for, here is what I have. I think these also work on earlier Microwaves.

• Studio & Production
  • Industrial
  • Techno
  • Analog
Yeah.. These are some of the mw2 sounds still available to buy. As much as I'd love to have a flick through them and see what they are like, they are from someones business, so if I really want them I should pay. Thanks for being so generous to offer to share them though!

Ps, these won't work with mw1.

But if you haven't already tried, you should be able to import all the mw1 banks from waldorf website into your xt. I highly recommend the ppg set!
Old 7th November 2011
Lives for gear

Bump, did anyone have any luck with any MW1 soundsets? I just got a rev B off Ebay & been searching for soundsets everywhere with no luck
Old 7th November 2011
Old 7th November 2011
Lives for gear

sorry when I said soundsets, I meant patches / syesx

I just got a microwave an I just wanted to get some more sounds for it
Old 25th April 2016
Lives for gear

Does anyone know if there's Microwave 1 soundsets of patches available anywhere? Downloadable by Sysex format would be great. From what I can tell, the patches from the 2/XT won't work on these.
Old 25th April 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromthepuggle View Post
Does anyone know if there's Microwave 1 soundsets of patches available anywhere? Downloadable by Sysex format would be great. From what I can tell, the patches from the 2/XT won't work on these.
All the MW1 soundcards in an archive for you. Enjoy!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ND%20CARDS.rar
Old 3rd May 2016
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpsiegel View Post
All the MW1 soundcards in an archive for you. Enjoy!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ND%20CARDS.rar
Sweet! Thanks a lot for sharing!!!
Old 10th September 2016
Here for the gear

Hi am a new microwave user and i have tried to send the sysex from the archive you gave us but it is not working at all. I get Buil Dump Error!
What is it that i'm not doing correct? I have other system that i took form the Waldorf website in the sound section and i'm doing the same and it work.
Any suggestions?

I would love to try these soundbanks.
Need help
THX
Old 10th September 2016
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votek_Mendo View Post
Hi am a new microwave user and i have tried to send the sysex from the archive you gave us but it is not working at all. I get Buil Dump Error!
What is it that i'm not doing correct? I have other system that i took form the Waldorf website in the sound section and i'm doing the same and it work.
Any suggestions?

I would love to try these soundbanks.
Need help
THX
I've had the same problem, error every time with every bank.. Tried a variety of midiox and cubase settings could never get them to load
Old 29th November 2016
Gear Maniac

is there a certain way these are supposed to be dumped? I recently got a MW1 and I have only had luck dumping midi files.

Any idea why there are MULT_1 and MULT for each sysex file? Are you also supposed to dump the Bnk and MBK files too?

I haven't been able to get any sysex dumping to work on the MW1.

When I go into request sounds or request mults I'm supposed to hit the red button under the encoder correct? When I do it just cancels out of the menu. I'm trying to use SysEx librarian on a mac.

Thanks!
Old 25th December 2016
Gear Addict

Other than the ones on the Waldorf site, does anyone have links to soundsets still available to the Microwave 2/XT, commercial or free?

Seems all the ones mentioned in this thread years ago are no longer around. (Studio & Production, Industrial, Techno, Analog, etc)
Old 25th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech44 View Post
Other than the ones on the Waldorf site, does anyone have links to soundsets still available to the Microwave 2/XT, commercial or free?

Seems all the ones mentioned in this thread years ago are no longer around. (Studio & Production, Industrial, Techno, Analog, etc)
Good question. I checked the ones on Waldorf's site for my XT when I got it a few months ago but I wasn't that impressed with any of them. I really like the presets that are on my XT though. So glad I backed them up before trying the official factory banks etc on Waldorfs site. I'm not sure if the guy who had it before me programmed them or got them from somewhere else but they were just what I was looking for from the synth. Lots of dark grainy pads etc.
Old 25th December 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryfell View Post
Good question. I checked the ones on Waldorf's site for my XT when I got it a few months ago but I wasn't that impressed with any of them. I really like the presets that are on my XT though. So glad I backed them up before trying the official factory banks etc on Waldorfs site. I'm not sure if the guy who had it before me programmed them or got them from somewhere else but they were just what I was looking for from the synth. Lots of dark grainy pads etc.
Are you offering to share?

We should really pool together what we all have/can find to make an archive. It be a shame for them all to be lost forever.

Some I've found not on the Waldorf site:

Free patches – Waldorf Microwave XT Bank – rozzer.net
Boele Gerkes Microwave XT Series by Boele Gerkes

Commercial:
WALDORF MICROWAVE XT & XTk TSYT 1 MID
SKYLIFE STORE
Old 25th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech44 View Post
Are you offering to share?

We should really pool together what we all have/can find to make an archive. It be a shame for them all to be lost forever.

Some I've found not on the Waldorf site:

Free patches – Waldorf Microwave XT Bank – rozzer.net
Boele Gerkes Microwave XT Series by Boele Gerkes

Commercial:
WALDORF MICROWAVE XT & XTk TSYT 1 MID
SKYLIFE STORE
Yeah no problem i've attached mine. It's everything, so includes all the wavetables etc, as i've added a few myself for example, so obviously make sure you back yours up before trying it.

I went through all the soundsets I have from Waldorf's site and those new ones you just linked to, (other than the paid ones), and I still have to say i'll be keeping my soundset loaded. There was some really nice patches in the other soundsets but most of them weren't quite what I look for.

I'll spend an afternoon grabbing all the individual ones I like from all the packs and making my own 'best of' soundset sometime.
Attached Files
File Type: zip BFell_XTsoundset_everything.zip (32.5 KB, 110 views)
Old 20th March 2017
Here for the gear

New link?

Hi all,

Can some kind soul out there please post a new link to the Microwave 1 Soundcards rar? The link here seems to be down now. Cheers in advance. Craig
Old 21st March 2017
Lives for gear

Dropbox no longer appears to allow the old public link to work so I am trying a new one here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/37pun29g78...CARDS.rar?dl=0
Old 21st March 2017
Here for the gear

Many many thanks KPSeigel! Grabbed the download and will try them out. Thanks to you I have new food for my Microwave. :-)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search