The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Can an Eventide H3000 or Eclipse sound like in this H8000 demo? Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 12th August 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrightSide View Post
I really don't think there is such a thing as too many Eventides.
Old 12th August 2012
Lives for gear

Thanks for your posts. I am a bit closer to pulling the trigger...
Old 30th January 2013
Gear Head

Hey guys,

I've been looking at the H3000 + Blackhole bundle recently and am trying to decide if I should invest in in the digital bundle, or opt to purchase Blackhole by itself and opt for a HW unit such as an Orville when I can afford one.

I've never owned an Eventide unit, and I've been researching the plugin bundles for awhile now. Can the H3000 plugin get close to these kinds of things we're seeing from the H8000 algorithms?

Coming in as an Eventide noob, am I wasting my time looking at the H3000 in plugin form for more advanced applications or should I keep saving my pennies?

Many thanks for any input.
Old 30th January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrobinson View Post
Hey guys,

I've been looking at the H3000 + Blackhole bundle recently and am trying to decide if I should invest in in the digital bundle, or opt to purchase Blackhole by itself and opt for a HW unit such as an Orville when I can afford one.

I've never owned an Eventide unit, and I've been researching the plugin bundles for awhile now. Can the H3000 plugin get close to these kinds of things we're seeing from the H8000 algorithms?

Coming in as an Eventide noob, am I wasting my time looking at the H3000 in plugin form for more advanced applications or should I keep saving my pennies?

Many thanks for any input.
The Eventide plugs are quite good, but it's just not the same as using the harware. I would save up for that.
Have you checked out their new H9 pedal? It's like a "Best of" pedal where you can buy the algo's you want.
Although I would recommend any of their units.
Old 30th January 2013
Gear Maniac

Hey all,

I am also considering the Eventide plugs. I saw this video and I can't say I really hear much of a difference.

Eventide BlackHole AAX plugin vs. H8000fw Hardware - YouTube

However, from reading this thread it does seem that the H3000 can't do as complex stuff as the H8000 (which sounded amazing!) and I figured it's probably true of the plugin version as well. I was considering buying the H3000 plug + the Black Hole plug since there is a special at the moment.

Anybody own any of the plugs and can give any feedback on them? Even better, anybody own BOTH the plugs AND the hardware and have any feedback?

Lastly, from my understanding, the Sound Toys programmers were once working at Eventide. I'm not totally sure how true this is but it is what I have been told. I use Sound Toys quite often and I notice that a lot of the sounds are quite similar to some of these presets, except that Sound Toys lacks a reverb. It seems to me you could probably build your own chains using Sound Toys and get a similar effect. Anybody have any thoughts on doing that as an alternative? It's not that I need the EXACT Eventide presets, I just really enjoy the overall vibe of the effects and Sound Toys doesn't sound too bad to my ears.

Any opinions at all are very appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 31st January 2013
Lives for gear

I've got the H3000 plug and the H3500 hardware.
The plug does sound quite good, but it only includes a handful of the original algorithms, so it is quite limited compared to the hardware.
And the H3000 and H8000 are very different beasts. There is a huge step up in processing power and conversion quality in the 8000.
As for the Soundtoys plugs, I tried them and wasn't really impressed. Which was dissapointing as all I ever heard was great things about them.

Have you tried the Valhalla plugs? They are excellent, and are very cheap ($50 a pop)
The Ubermod and Shimmer are amazing, and they are the closest thing in plugin form that sound like my Eventide hardware. (I've got a DSP7000 too)
Old 31st January 2013
Dayum I'm wishing I didn't just hear that h8000 demo. Recently got an h3000 with all presets and been loving it. H8000 is definitely on my wishlist but my goodness they are pricey. Anyone have feedback on the h7600 version?
Old 31st January 2013
Lives for gear

The H7600 has half the processing power of the 8000, and less ins and outs.
Orvilles are beginning to become great bang for your buck. Especially if you can get one for under 2 grand.
Much closer to the sonic quality of the 8000 than the 3000.
There are even kits which convert the Orville to a H8000, they are pricey though.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search