The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
teisco delray baritone - what pickups?
Old 3rd January 2011
Here for the gear

teisco delray baritone - what pickups?

hi

i recently bought a mint condition teisco delray 1965 TB64 in japan, and have been rocking out on it for a few weeks.

it so much better to play than my gretsch jet baritone, but the pickups are very microphonic and strange, and they don't like my distortion pedals at all (fulltone catalyst, t-rex bassjuice)

so i wanted to ask you guys - what pickups would you recommend to put in this bari? what is your experience with REALLY old pickups like these?

i mostly play hardcore, but also slower clean stuff.... any help would be great.

thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
teisco delray baritone - what pickups?-65_tb-64.jpg  
Old 3rd January 2011
I'm not so sure that is the guitar you would want for hardcore, but to each his own i suppose.

those pickups are specifically shaped, and retro fitting something is gonna be hard without modifying the original guitar.

i think what would be more beneficial to you would be to pot the pickups and get a good grounding scheme in there, as I'm certain it doesn't have one now.
Old 3rd January 2011
Lindy Fralin can rewind and pot your pickups.

Welcome to Lindy Fralin Pickups: Rewind and Repair Information - the Finest Guitar Pickups Available Today!

I've got an old Hofner with a weak neck pickup that I may send in for a rewind.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search