The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What order would you put these plugs in as sends? Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

What order would you put these plugs in as sends?

The send can be before or after the single track inserts.....

Warmer (VM2, FATSO, VariSaturator) (PRE)
Chorus (PRE)
Doubler (From Waves. It gives off a "layering" feel as its applied) (PRE)
Delay...Cooper Time Cube (POST)
Reverb....PCM Lexicon (POST)

I am currently running them as listed above, however I am concerned that the very first thing hitting my sounds is getting smashed hard by saturators. (Is this ok?) - After that I have found success in the order above. Suggestions are very appreciated.
Old 2nd January 2011
Gear Head

Sorry, but if you don't have any creativity of your own, then maybe making music isn't really your kind of thing?
What is stopping you from putting it in different order and seeing what happens? Why do you need an approval from us?
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

I like to learn from and hear others opinions. You must have learned everything you know on your own without books or videos judging by your comments. Good for you. Some of us like to share ideas.
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

I would only patch the Warmer as an insert. All others should be on four parallel sends from the dry channel and each of those send effects should return to the mixer on it's own stereo return channel and each of THOSE channels should have the same set of sends, to allow you to cascade one effect into another with varying mixes (which is not the same as simply patching them in series). So you can now send the dry signal (after warming it with the insert effect) to all four time-domain effects (doubler, chorus, delay & reverb) and each of those returns can cascade into all of the others in parallel. So for example, the chorus gets a mix of dry + doubler. The delay gets a mix of dry + doubler + chorus. And the reverb gets a mix of dry + doubler + chorus + delay. It's just old school mixing technique. You just need to be careful of feedback loops and don't send an effect return back to it's own input by turning up the wrong send control on that return channel.

Oh yeah, and remember to set the MIX controls inside each of the effects to 100% wet. If you have any dry signal coming out of any effects, the dry level will change when you adjust the effects channel levels.
Old 2nd January 2011
Gear Addict

^^^ what he said.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search