The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Fruity Loops DAW Software
Old 4th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasseru View Post
a friend told me the other day that anything written in delphi like fl would actually run better on a unix based os like mac.
I don't think thats true..
There doesn't even seem to be a Delphi compiler for unix.
Old 6th January 2011
Lives for gear

I like FL but hardly use my desktop and hate windows laptops.

Try out Five12 Numerology. It's like the rocket science version of fruity, which is actually a bad thing at first because FL was dead easy.

Yeah, FL took me less than a day to figure out, Numerology about a week. You'll probably have to look at the manual.

Once you get to grips with Numerology it's a great sequencer. Paired with a Novation Lauchpad it's the best step sequencer. Well, that I've personally used anyway I love the color coded buttons.

The maker of the software is incredibly nice and helpful on their forum and in email too, while the image line people can be....

I read that mac users buy more software. Pretty sure it's true.
Old 6th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodeater View Post
I like FL but hardly use my desktop and hate windows laptops.

Try out Five12 Numerology. It's like the rocket science version of fruity, which is actually a bad thing at first because FL was dead easy.

Yeah, FL took me less than a day to figure out, Numerology about a week. You'll probably have to look at the manual.

Once you get to grips with Numerology it's a great sequencer. Paired with a Novation Lauchpad it's the best step sequencer. Well, that I've personally used anyway I love the color coded buttons.

The maker of the software is incredibly nice and helpful on their forum and in email too, while the image line people can be....

I read that mac users buy more software. Pretty sure it's true.
this is why i keep my G4's. For Numerology. Love that program to peices. Works great with hardware sequencing!
Old 6th January 2011
Lives for gear

I am a DIE hard fl user. Bought it in '99 for $99... (bought logic for the pc at the same time, what a diametrically opposed roi!) I've spent years defending this app.

BUT, it's handling of audio is STILL not up to snuff.

No intent to piss anyone off, but cubase's user interface is a complete MESS. Disappearing windows, 8 different tool tips, and just SO many extra keystrokes and clicks that are mostly obviated by contextual actions in fl... I'd really like to work with audio in cubase, which I guess for me means tracking and final mix, but ugh, the ui. I just cannot do it.

FL's other major achilles heel is/was auto pdc, which should be relatively resolved by 10, but I'm not totally holding my breath, as I stopped using the 9 betas at about 9.5.

In terms of auto cross fades, honestly, I've never personally seen the need. I know I can cross fade with four clicks, and the trade off being I have extremely accurate and fluid automation that is a decade or so ahead of cubase or live. I think I remember in one of the beta videos they had auto cross fades for audio clips now... don't hold me to it.

Ah, but whatever, to each their own!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search