The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Something new from Korg at NAMM 2011? Korg Kronos! Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 7th January 2011
Lives for gear

''<meta name="keywords" content="korg kronos ielectribe ipad application" />''

what it means exactly I do not know, but just seems far less promising now

Old 7th January 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entrainer View Post
I could be interested in a Wavestation for today's time, if done correctly.
Thought this type of thing was available in the Karma2 engine (and on OASYS)..... and it's programmable from the touchscreen.

Hope it is a new workstation - still want an M3, so the price might drop if there's a replacement heh
Old 7th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBern View Post
''<meta name="keywords" content="korg kronos ielectribe ipad application" />''

what it means exactly I do not know, but just seems far less promising now

Those are meta-tags. Keywords to help find a page or something when you search. So you ain't getting warmer. tuttheh
Old 7th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPlasma View Post
Those are meta-tags. Keywords to help find a page or something when you search. So you ain't getting warmer. tuttheh

well I am less warm about it being a new wave station/audio mangler in a big keyboard and I am now ready to expect a new advanced sequnecer with synths drums all in an ipad app.... I am sure it will have lots to offer and be real cool but hardware looks less likely to me now

I am guessing though heh

Old 7th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
I am guessing though heh

And I really hope you are! heh

Don't want Korg to release any more toys.
Old 7th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
And I really hope you are! heh

Don't want Korg to release any more toys.

heh ouch... no comment.. those friendly chaps at Korg, I would not want to call their gear toys...

Nick @ sonicstates excellent DSI Mopho Keyboard review certainly plants my ears on other gear just now... still resisting the urge to get something analog... fading fast
Old 7th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
those friendly chaps at Korg, I would not want to call their gear toys...
Korg has excellent customer service, and great products such as the M3, Radias, R3, etc...

But the MS20 app, and the Monotron...sorry, but they are just toys.
Old 7th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Korg has excellent customer service, and great products such as the M3, Radias, R3, etc...

But the MS20 app, and the Monotron...sorry, but they are just toys.
you say that like it is a bad thing. I love living in a world where I can patch a virtual ms-20 while taking a ****.
Old 7th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessem View Post
you say that like it is a bad thing. I love living in a world where I can patch a virtual ms-20 while taking a ****.
lol...thats why its a toy!

Go patch a real ms-20 while taking a **** heh
Old 8th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vespiz View Post
Trinity - Triton - Kronos ?
Seems logical, Triton and Kronos are both Mythological Greek Gods.

Guessing Kronos will try to capture the world like Triton once did. I'm pumped!

The only thing I wish for is that kronos is more a hybrid hardware synth with dedicated integration within a DAW - no more external program on the hardware synth itself.

I hope it will have a new version of Karma included, maybe even all top 9 Korg synth Engines integrated together in one Massive Synth, with the ability to run all modules in parallel (kinda like the Tone 2 ElectraX)

Regards
Josef Horhay
Mixing Engineer
www.acoosticzoo.com
Old 10th January 2011
Gear Addict

drum box.
Old 10th January 2011
Gear Maniac

I'm hoping it is one of the following:

1. Analog Poly Synth
2. DSP Synth. Possibly with emulations of all of Korgs previous synths (e.g.MS20, Wavestation) plus some new features, including true DAW integration. Or perhaps just a wavetable synth - lot's of knobs please.
3. Sampling Groovebox.

I hope it's not a workstation :(
Old 10th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubiedubie View Post
I'm hoping it is one of the following:

1. Analog Poly Synth
2. DSP Synth. Possibly with emulations of all of Korgs previous synths (e.g.MS20, Wavestation) plus some new features, including true DAW integration. Or perhaps just a wavetable synth - lot's of knobs please.
3. Sampling Groovebox.

I think thats what most of us would like, but as a financial proposition, big fat juicy analogue polysynths only really cater for a small minority market alas. But one can always hope stike
Old 10th January 2011
Gear Maniac

Yes an analog poly is unlikely. A knobby wavetable / VA synth would be great also.
Old 10th January 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubiedubie View Post
I dunno... the fact that the little video clip has both synth and drum sounds in it and the quote "what if one instrument could power your creative spirit.." leads me to believe it will probably be another workstation. Meh. We'll find out soon enough.
Old 10th January 2011
Lives for gear
Kronos....hmm...hmmm

Imported directly from the Klingon Empire?

heh
Old 10th January 2011
Lives for gear

Something new from Korg at NAMM 2011?

Spare us from another va or workstation. Analogue mono would be nice thankyou very much Korg.
Old 10th January 2011
Gear Addict

[QUOTE= "what if one instrument could power your creative spirit.." [/QUOTE]

The world's first digital/analog workstation with technology from the monotron combined with digital ROM ? ( Insert more optimistic and slightly over-hopeful ideas here )
Old 10th January 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odey View Post
Spare us from another va or workstation. Analogue mono would be nice thankyou very much Korg.
I'm betting on an M3 replacement at about the same price. Not that I believe it's needed, but Yamaha just upped the ante with the Motif XF series and the responses from Korg and Roland --each with their own slightly different angle-- are easily predictable.
Old 10th January 2011
Lives for gear

i think someone needs to write an open letter to korg/roland/yamaha/etc. telling them to get their act together and stop making garbage and return to making analog synths. everyone here can sign it.
Old 10th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by atma View Post
i think someone needs to write an open letter to korg/roland/yamaha/etc. telling them to get their act together and stop making garbage and return to making analog synths. everyone here can sign it.
Thats a brilliant idea! Too bad Korg/Roland/Yamaha will probably use that letter to wipe their ass with it
Old 10th January 2011
Quote:
too bad they dont have the skills to do that any more also
Old 10th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden beers View Post
too bad they dont have the skills to do that any more also
They will always have the skills...if they are intersted.
Old 10th January 2011
mark my words; whatever this kronos is (apart from the password to syndrome's super computer) it isn't going to be innovative or different. it's going to be more of the same crap. weather it be ipad or VA. it will be more of the same. i'll quote this in the future on this thread for another 'i told you so' moment. bah humbug!
Old 10th January 2011
Quote:
They will always have the skills...if they are intersted.
no the analogue genius they gained has long since retired. they would have to put another decade of R&D to catch up from where they left off. lets hope the monotron is the start of that.
Old 10th January 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by golden beers View Post
no the analogue genius they gained has long since retired. they would have to put another decade of R&D to catch up from where they left off. lets hope the monotron is the start of that.
I don't think they would need to do that, if they used the oscillators and filter from Monotron and all the rest would be digitally controlled by CPU. (envelopes, lfos, patch memory, etc...)

And I also hope Monotron was only the first new analogue synth in the line of many to come from Korg in the next few years. I would especially want a poly synth...

Kronos sounds digital to me, so I'm guessing it's not what we're expecting from Korg. :( (assuming it's the synth making the sounds in the teaser video, as they usually are)
Old 10th January 2011
Gear Nut

Arranger with Speakers
Old 10th January 2011
Here for the gear

From Matrix Synth:

Quote:
Update via Juan Vilchez in the comments: "Hi! Korg Kronos it's as you suggested something like the Arturia Origin.

Kronos = Time, legacy, heritage...

Why I am so sure?

Check this out:
Compare 000:Vaporization Pad on Korg Legacy Cell with the main sound used on Kronos teaser.

http://www.juanvilchez.es/vaporization_pad.mp3

9 could be the number of legacy synth engines present on this machine. So far I count 5 (Polysix, MS20, Mono/Poly, M1 and Wavestation). Which are the remaining 4?"
So something like the Arturia Origin. What are the other engines?

I'm assuming:

Radias
MS2000
?
?
Old 10th January 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
Quote:
Thats a brilliant idea! Too bad Korg/Roland/Yamaha will probably use that letter to wipe their ass with it
If you're pissed off enough, why not just write it yourself?

But rather - talk to the people on the NAMM and the Messe to figure out why or why not it's possible. It might give some insights that go beyond "I want a cheap honest-to-God CS80/JP8/MS20", because that's what all these complaints basically boil down to.

Educate yourself about the economics and R&D that's involved instead of simply waving it away with "they're a big company, they can solve it". Why should they kowtow to a vocal minority that hated their guts for the past 2-3 decades anyway?
Old 10th January 2011
Lives for gear

Korg Releases One New Operating System.

Because, that's what it will basically be.heh

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search