The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Something new from Korg at NAMM 2011? Korg Kronos! Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 27th June 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by synthguy View Post
I happen to like the idea of a polyphonic MS-20 emulator with around 100 note polyphony.
Ok, but you can get it without Kronos (minus the extra modulation sources/destinations). And even if you couldn't get it anymore, the fact is that plugin has been around FOREVER...so I would rather Korg make 5 BOMB new synth engines that sound even better than Radias...now THAT would be worth 3k.

Quote:
I can't see how anyone would think the Virus isn't any more "played out" than a KORG synth.
Its usually hip hop preset junkies that say Korg sounds are played out. They dont really program, they just use presets. If a keyboard has been around for a long time, chances are the presets are played out. Thing is, Korg actually gives you the freedom to program from scratch in true DSP. Same with the Virus. Your sounds are only limited by your imagination...so if you can't make something that sounds "fresh" to "you", its not the synth...

Give me any hardware synth, and i'll make a sound that I like...
Old 28th June 2011
Gear Addict

I was pretty much dead set against one of these at its debut BUT I'm now in the late stages of convincing myself against it. That never goes well... Especially when my nearly 10 year old Triton Pro X has been sucked dry of its resources and sonic mojo in a decade of scores, jingles, albums, etc..

Even though I have a full studio and Mac Pro of other options I always tend to use the Triton for goto sounds. I just know the thing so well and its the only 88 key synth in my arsenal. I don't need a Kronos 88 but I bet I'll end up caving by early 2012 when the 2nd run of Kronos start shipping.

Sigh....
Old 28th June 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPlasma View Post
Ok, but you can get it without Kronos (minus the extra modulation sources/destinations).
But I want Kronos. And right now, my music PC isn't happy. Old, underpowered, latency encumbered, so my one softie is waiting to be installed on my landlord's Mac. And I can't install Kronos on anything.

But here's to the power of the Virus. And Kronos. And Radias, and... heck, hundreds of other synths, from analog through rompler and VA to softsynth. I want them all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gongbass View Post
I don't need a Kronos 88 but I bet I'll end up caving by early 2012 when the 2nd run of Kronos start shipping.

Sigh....
It's a heavy burden, wanting about the best thing out there, I agree. Lord knows when I'll have $3700...
Old 28th June 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by synthguy View Post
my one softie is waiting to be installed on my landlord's Mac.
Is that the CS-80V ? heh
Old 29th June 2011
Lives for gear

Uhm... not telling. But I will admit that with my toys, I have made a few nice CS-80-ish patches.

I haven't even been near a real one for 20 some odd years now. I'm hoping to chase one down sometime - surely there's one in playable shape in the KC area I could rent some time on someday.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search