The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Balanced Power/Power Conditioning
Old 1st January 2011
Balanced Power/Power Conditioning

I believe I may be overlooking the cleanliness of the electricity in my studio. I think the sound from my synthesizers could benefit from more balanced power. Any tips?
Old 1st January 2011
Lives for gear

I'm subscribing to this thread just to see what new account Space is posting under these days.
Old 1st January 2011
Lives for gear

Hehe.....

WT
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear
I have a furman IT-1220.

I don't know that you're going to see huge gains from a couple synths, but in a large system it seems to help keep 60 cycle hum down.
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by burns46824 View Post
I believe I may be overlooking the cleanliness of the electricity in my studio. I think the sound from my synthesizers could benefit from more balanced power. Any tips?
Budget?
PS Audio Power Plant Premiere.
double/triple shielded power cables.
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by burns46824 View Post
I had a pro home theater guy tell me power conditioners really only help video signals and can actually hurt audio amplifiers. (as in negatively affect their performance, not damage them) Something to the fact that power conditions slightly step the power down to a level thats stable and can starve equipment of power. He said you really only have to worry about surge protection. Not sure how true all this is but i found it strange he was talking people out of power conditioners and this was his answer.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search