The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
January 2011 New Gear Thread Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 1st January 2011
Gear Guru

January 2011 New Gear Thread

Let's see how many are going to keep up their resolutions of more music, less equipment! heh

For me 2011 hopefully starts off with another TX7 and I hope to have my Solina and SH2000 fixed. Plus I'll make a start with building the SammichSID.

What about you?
Old 1st January 2011
Oli
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoozer View Post
Let's see how many are going to keep up their resolutions of more music, less equipment! heh
More music, sure, but I'm not holding back on gear.

I also have things to build, and things to fix. A few projects have been hanging around way too long.

Just ordered a Johannes Hausensteiner MIDI kit for my PolySix. Still have to install my new KLM-367 board though.

Lots of other DIY projects waiting for me too, not to mention all the shiny new gear I'm plotting to obtain.
Old 1st January 2011

I'm in the Korg Monotron Club. Soon to be a Modding member!
Old 1st January 2011
Lives for gear

3.2 hardware with MIDI and 120 programs.

Happy New Year!
Old 1st January 2011
Lives for gear

well, assuming the Octatrack isn't delayed again I should get it before February

Hmm, the guy I was going to buy a CZ-1 from seems to be a total flake and ****** and stopped responding to my texts and calls. For his sake I hope it was an actual emergency that has him out of touch, I've had the damned cash in my pocket for a week. fuuck

So eventually this month I'm getting something godammit! Just have to figure out where in my budget plans I am and see what it is going to be. I have a list!
Old 1st January 2011
Lives for gear

More music for sure !!!

I will sell some gear I don't use much anymore and invest the money into my existing setup ( refurbishing, modifications) and most importantly, to "buy" some more time in my studio for my own projects. I have to finish three albums this year.

Otherwise I will rewire the patchbay, clean everything and acoustically improve the studio in the next few days and install this monster:

Old 1st January 2011
Lives for gear

Only new gear I'll be getting this year will be some minor vintage pieces, that will replace a few things I'll be selling. So no actual increase in setup size!
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

Oh I went and did it...Happy New Year to me:

Eventide Eclipse v4

Old 2nd January 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWSooner View Post

3.2 hardware with MIDI and 120 programs.

Happy New Year!
I hate you! All I picked up over the holidays was a lousy Remote Zero Mk II. Maybe I can use it to program a P5 softsynth
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

All green boards in this one, cool (the best one to have)!
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

Nice! A Voyetra 8! Make sure to send it to Peter Lanzilotta for a once-over if it hasn't been serviced recently. Just got mine back from him last week. Lovely synth.
Old 2nd January 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by cramseur View Post
Oh I went and did it...Happy New Year to me:

Eventide Eclipse v4

You're going to love it. Makes everything sound awesome. I was running the Monotron through it the other day and that little thing sounded HUGE!!!
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

Finally!

alexP
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougt View Post
All green boards in this one, cool (the best one to have)!
LOL, I just looked at this on my computer instead of my phone. One Voyetra 8 in the foreground, one in the background.

Slutty.

Old 2nd January 2011
Gear Maniac

I hope to find a screamin' deal on a set of vibes, and possibly an older setup of VDrums.
Old 2nd January 2011

hi hat pedal for my Drumkat...playing drums in...

Overstayer VCA compressor

thats it...may even sell some stuff...no more gear...music writing year...
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

Just upgraded to X1...

Old 3rd January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWSooner View Post
Nice! A Voyetra 8! Make sure to send it to Peter Lanzilotta for a once-over if it hasn't been serviced recently. Just got mine back from him last week. Lovely synth.
Actually a couple of people I respect weren't that happy with the V-8 service they got from him. I have been able to repair them myself so far as well. By the way I started up a Voyetra-8 owner's forum here -

voyetra8 : Voyetra8
Old 3rd January 2011
Gear Head

Sunday evening I secured the purchase of a Kawai K5000s for a very reasonable price, from a GS member. I previously owned one from about 1998 thru 2002, and it’s one of the few pieces of gear I really regret selling. I might have it again as soon as next week…
Old 3rd January 2011
Fate has forced my hand with my kit.

Studio flood destroyed the room, so Christmas has been a really challenging time. Only had my MBP/Logic and a KX88 to use (on my Bose QuietComfort 15s).
Saved about 90% of the kit due to a VERY quick-thinking Wife (she's earnt her keep for the next 12 months! heh )

Waiting for insurance to pay up, but a few toys are on the list -

Korg M3ex, Fantom G6 & V-Synth XT.

Selling a few similar items to equal everything out - updates my studio rig & my live rig.

Not looking at any analogue stuff (been there, done that - too unreliable live) + my home studio is a composition/production room. I've got access to a full-on studio just down the road (Urei's, APIs, SSL, GML etc) & it's free They've also got a JP8, P5 and some MKS modules if I *really* need to transfer

Here's my home studio quickly rendered in Google Sketchup -

yes, I'm aware the keys are all CZ3000s - sketchup hasn't got most of my toys! :D

Can't wait for the next few weeks - new studio & new toys.
That said, RIP my SY77 (& 20 of home-grown afm sounds) - you WILL be missed (until I source a TG77 )

Dan
Old 3rd January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougt View Post
Actually a couple of people I respect weren't that happy with the V-8 service they got from him.
Really? I couldn't be happier with how things went for me and my Voyetra. He was great to deal with.
Old 3rd January 2011
Gear Maniac

Roland JX-8P found a new home in my studio.

Old 5th January 2011
Lives for gear

it's about damn time these came stateside...

...to go with:

and

more goodies:

(2x) and another:
Old 5th January 2011
Got a Monotron and a Zoom H1 with the accessory pack.

Old 5th January 2011
Lives for gear

Behringer Line Mixer RX1602:

Now I can finally have all my instruments playing at the same time straight into my mixer rather than just 3 instruments at once which is all I could do previously.
Old 6th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
Hmm, the guy I was going to buy a CZ-1 from seems to be a total flake and ****** and stopped responding to my texts and calls. I've had the damned cash in my pocket for a week. fuuck
I think you dodged a bullet man.
Old 6th January 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordy View Post
Behringer Line Mixer RX1602:

Now I can finally have all my instruments playing at the same time straight into my mixer rather than just 3 instruments at once which is all I could do previously.
I have that mixer as well. I probably need to use it as an effects send/return, but I'm not quite ready for more rackmount effects just yet. I haven't had a reason to turn it on since I got my Mackie CFX20, but I may need it down the road, so it stays in my racks...
Old 6th January 2011
Lives for gear

I'll have one of these hitting me next week...
Old 6th January 2011
Lives for gear

Whoops... sorry for the HUGE pic!
Old 6th January 2011
LOL!! heh

Nice - I'm going for a V-Synth XT.

Out of interest, any reason why you're looking at the original V-Synth rather than the newer one (with the addtional controllers and colour screen?)

I had a play with all 3 machines last week, and loved them all though

dan

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search