The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Roland S series filter question
Old 31st December 2010
Lives for gear

Roland S series filter question

does anybody know how to adjust the filter cutoff on the S-750 while the other sounds are playing? it seems the only way is to go to the TVF screen for the particular sound, but if a sequence is playing the TVF value will constantly update to the most recent note played i.e. one of the sounds in the sequence. this makes it very difficult and i have to retrigger the filtered sound just to use the filter, albeit not properly like when no other sounds are playing and i can hold down the keys and do a sweep with the data wheel.

it's only possible to real time adjust parameters when working on a patch and not a performance and still be able to hear the other sounds, but how to unlatch the updating of the TVF/LFO etc values every time a note plays from the sequence(and then all hell breaks loose as parameters from random notes are being changed). i think the only way to hear the sequence and real time tweak over it is to buy another sampler and use this for live filtering and the other for everything else :( .... :/ ......
Old 31st December 2010
Lives for gear

yes I think that's how it works... Not for realtime use.
Old 1st January 2011
Lives for gear

thanks!
Old 1st January 2011
Gear Nut

I've forgotten but cant you do it by assigning a mod wheel to cutoff

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search