The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Sampler for backing tracks (roland 404sx not cutting it!) Condenser Microphones
Old 31st December 2010
Gear Nut

Sampler for backing tracks (roland 404sx not cutting it!)

I recently bought a roland 404sx to replace my laptop for backing tracks. Music is mixed mono and panned to one side for the sound man, headphone mix/click panned to the other for my drummer. I know its an audio quality drop from the computer, but I need something with a more tactile interface that allows me to start and stop songs and switch the setlist order on the fly.

The 404 is technically perfect for this EXCEPT, the stereo Left and Right bleed into each other making the click track slightly present in the House PA signal which is no bueno! I know its the 404 and not the backing tracks themselves. I even called Roland and they told me that one of their employees has had the same problem!!!

Does anybody have any advice? Other samplers, tricks that might solve this problem etc...? Im considering an mpc player, but don't think it's worth spending the money on if it's only being used for backing tracks...Oh and I don't really want to just use an Ipod.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search