The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
JB Solaris == Xite1 + Solaris plugin ?
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

JB Solaris == Xite1 + Solaris plugin ?

What would be best ?
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

The plugin is not the same as the hardware but it sounds huge!Its not yet optimised for the xite.The V5 sdk will come out soon so all plugin developers can work on their devices.It works already but not many voices before endless dsp resource warnings which will stop the synth.
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

Xite is available now, the issues with 5.0 are known (so can be accounted for) and the issues with 5.1 are being logged on PlanetZ as we speak (and also can be accounted for.) Seems to work fine, has a huge legacy of devices that can be used that go far beyond what the Solaris offers and is immensely useful.

On the other hand the Solaris is going to offer a hardware interface that is rather exciting (imo--full disclosure I help JB a bit from time to time and host him) and is obviously not directly comparable to the plugin as it's all new dsp code "based on" the solaris plugin which has been fed back into their dsp codebase (as fluxpod mentions) but much of which will certainly debut in the hardware. Certainly I don't expect a plugin release to match it 1:1 anytime soon...as again was mentioned.

Truth be told I'd like to have both, as I can barely handle Solaris in Scope form with my 10 dsps...but I would get the hardware Solaris if you want JB's sound in a form you can have tactile control over. Xite can't match that, but on the other hand is a very very useful live & studio tool imo.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search