The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
End-of-year reflections: synth G.A.S. vs. making music Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 31st December 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by clusterchord View Post
Roginator, considering CRAPLOAD of synth gear you bought in last 3 years since posting this, i can only say to this:

blah blah blah blah blah blah..

Well, after reading my own post from nearly three years ago, I'm happy to report I'm still on the same path of DE-EVOLUTION.

Are we not men?

@Mr. Varaldo -- Don't sweat it! You're doing great -- going with the ebb and flow! When it's time to sell it all off and don the robe, you will know. In the meantime...

ENJOY!

Happy New Year!

Old 31st December 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonvague View Post

Well, after reading my own post from nearly three years ago, I'm happy to report I'm still on the same path of DE-EVOLUTION.

Are we not men?

@Mr. Varaldo -- Don't sweat it! You're doing great -- going with the ebb and flow! When it's time to sell it all off and don the robe, you will know. In the meantime...

ENJOY!

Happy New Year!

Hehee - Happy New Year to you too, MaisonVague!

HEY, I forgot to mention, I do have one new year resolution that doesn't involve G.A.S.: sit down and practice sight-reading at least three hours a week - I bought the "Elizabeth Rogers Hir Virginall Booke" that you suggested and really look forward to rendering some of those marvelous compositions in a Switched-On style with the dotcom modular in the new year
Old 31st December 2013
Mr. Varaldo. I have been a pianist and keyboard player for quite some time. I have owned quite a few keyboards and synths. Some I wish I still had, some I don't really care about. At this point I have a Steinway Grand Piano, Moog Voyager, Nord Stage and a DSI Tetra, Omnisphere, Trillian and Stylus and Vienna
Symphonic orchestral samples. I certainly could have more gear. I would love to still have a real Rhodes, my old clarinet and C3. There were a couple of Arps, Moogs and Rolands that were nice, a few Viruses, Waldorfs and Korgs, Dave Smiths etc. but those I can very much live without since the "type" of sounds they got are abundantly available on the system I have. Whether they are exactly the same or arguably better or worse is largely irrelevant. I spend almost all my time on music. A little time goofing off on GS or watching movies but for the most part, I work on piano and keyboard skills, composition and some programming.

The question I would ask myself if I were you is this, how much redundancy is there in this system. Then I would sell off the redundancy and get a real piano. There is nothing quite like a real piano. It will enhance what you do with all those other keyboards.

Of course this is just an opinion and not much more than opinions in general but it is my opinion and it reflects what is working for me.
Old 1st January 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune View Post
GAS should be labeled for what it really is: a shopping disorder

If you can't control it then its an addiction- with all the anxiety, emptiness and guilt that comes with addictions. I keep fighting it- so far I'm winning,
Oh come now, ask any woman:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search