The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New Cosmic Progressive House Track Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

New Cosmic Progressive House Track

Hi Guys, I'd love some feedback on this!

Thanks! thumbsup

Old 30th December 2010
Gear Addict

Great fade in and very clear and defined sense of atmosphere on the intro. I'm listening on laptop speakers but it I can hear a great range which means the mix travels well. The kick has a great level of punch and that main synth bass riff has attitude. Sounds almost analog but kind of thin, is it a virtual analog with some resonance? Nice percussion too.

The way you brought back the kick after the break in the middle had a cool sudden but mild sweep sound, a good touch. I feel the track could have a little more variety, maybe some background melodies. You bring them in kind of late and they're not as interesting as the pad you introduce. Has a bit of repetitiveness that doesn't have legs on it's own. I feel like if you introduced a sweet lead synth melody it'd really hit the spot. Still solid work. I dig it!
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

Nice synths thumbsup

Cool tune.
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

@Funk_Fiction: Thanks a lot, bro! Really glad you liked it. Yeah I tried making the kick punchy because to me thats what makes house music!!

@Simonator: Thanks!
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

crap, SoundCloud is blocked at work, so I have to ask...

WTF is "Cosmic" House?

**edit** forgot i have the SoundCloud app on my phone

Cosmic indeed! LOL. But I really like this. I did start to get a little bored of hearing just the pad/noise but it picked up around the 3 minute mark.

Last edited by KrisM; 30th December 2010 at 10:15 PM.. Reason: listening now
Old 31st December 2010
Lives for gear

@KrisM - Thanks heh
Old 31st December 2010
Lives for gear

Sounds sooo good on my system here..

Question about this type of music.. THese days, I'm not hearing a lead synth for the melody or a sequence to create the melody.. Is this common? So the important thing about this type of music is the groove(bass and kick) right? It's all rhythm base I suppose?
Old 31st December 2010
Tried to post here yesterday, wrote lots of stuff, then as I was ready to press "submit" my comp bluescreened

So heres the short version of suggestions:

-Speed it up 2-4 bpm

-more percussion shots (drum rolls etc to keep the flow flowing), more percussion elements to keep the track flowing.

-more melodies (you can use the ones at the end more at the beginning too, chop them up and resample with new fx etc, but please add some more too!) The track feels quite empty. Some other sweeps in addition to the ones you use would be welcome aswell.

The track feels like a good set of ideas, waiting for the spice/gravy to really make those potatoes juicy with gravy

Hope it helps, I like the general idea!
Old 31st December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
crap, SoundCloud is blocked at work, so I have to ask...

WTF is "Cosmic" House?

**edit** forgot i have the SoundCloud app on my phone

Cosmic indeed! LOL. But I really like this. I did start to get a little bored of hearing just the pad/noise but it picked up around the 3 minute mark.

Explanation of cosmic music: Afro/Cosmic music - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

I suppose cosmic house would be something that fuses that and house music.
Old 31st December 2010
Lives for gear

Thanks. I've been seeing "Afro" a lot lately, too, and all I could think of was an old, white history teacher that insisted on calling black people Afro-Americans still. This was some time in the 90s
Old 31st December 2010
Lives for gear

Very nice tune, really liked the reverby white noise. What ever I do I can never seen to get the reverb to cut through on my white noise but on your track its clear. Got any tips?
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search