The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
69-year-old Club DJ Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 29th December 2010
Lives for gear

69-year-old Club DJ

"If you've got the energy and the enthusiasm and the love music, why stop?"

Word.

- c
Old 29th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya View Post
why stop?
I saw this a while back, and IIRC, she'd only just started.

I love gimmicks like this... much better than having a DJ that's actually experienced & good. It could only be better if she put a mouse-head mask on.
Old 29th December 2010
Old 29th December 2010
Old 29th December 2010
Lives for gear

i like the eye surgery glasses for extra oldness
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterz View Post
Class act heh
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

Get off my stage, boy!

Edit: did that work? If not, here it is again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7udF30fb2lM

Last edited by Reptil; 30th December 2010 at 11:28 AM.. Reason: Look at the sticky how to embed youtubesss :-)
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by laikenf View Post
Class act heh
He ain't kidding. Rodigan is a LEGEND of the highest order.
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhollmusik View Post
Get off my stage, boy!

Edit: did that work? If not, here it is again:

YouTube - DHARMA - Goa Gil 11|11

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/elect...oundcloud.html

srsly... wtf is that music?
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

aaaah, ok...you have to paste the tag of the url, not the entire url...cheers.

that, my friend, is darkpsy.

here is a short goa gil clip where it might make more sense to you:

Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
aaaah, ok...you have to paste the tag of the url, not the entire url...cheers.

that, my friend, is darkpsy.

here is a short goa gil clip where it might make more sense to you:

Comedy GOLD!

It's like some terrible B-movie... 'Attack Of The Crusty Morons Who Have No Taste In Music & Cannot Dance For Sh**'

heh

EDIT: I just noticed the video has 'massacre' in the title... is this actually from a horror B-movie?
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonator View Post
It's like some terrible B-movie... 'Attack Of The Crusty Morons Who Have No Taste In Music & Cannot Dance For Sh**'
Wake up and feel the world, for I believe you have just spouted limiting narrow-minded opinion.

If you don't understand that massacre video, then you don't understand trance dance.

If you don't understand trance dance, you'll come across as a better person if you don't blindly pass ignorant judgement on things you don't comprehend.
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Wake up and feel the world, for I believe you have just spouted limiting narrow-minded opinion.

If you don't understand that massacre video, then you don't understand trance dance.

If you don't understand trance dance, you'll come across as a better person if you don't blindly pass ignorant judgement on things you don't comprehend.
+1 thumbsup
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Wake up and feel the world
Lol :-)

Quote:
I think I understand...

Isn't it just like house music... only you remove ALL subtlety?
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

Come on... Seriously... can you really watch this video without laughing, at least a bit?

Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

I can as i went to festivals like this and sometimes still go.Not the only music that gets played there.And i ve seen way more crazy stuff then that.heh
Not posh enought for you i guess.
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluxpod View Post
Not posh enought for you i guess.
Uh?
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

Okay, look, I apologise... I've had a few drinks & probably shouldn't have posted.
Didn't realise that some people here actually thought this was good...

Didn't mean to start a geeky web forum argument.

Everyone obviously has different taste in music/noise and that is a good thing.

Sorry

Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

heh I forgot these smileys on my last post...no big deal
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterz View Post
Awesome. Nuff respect fi da selecta. Rewind one time!Bo! hehthumbsup
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
I think I understand...

Isn't it just like house music... only you remove ALL subtlety?
That comment takes the cake. You are comparing Coldplay with Cosmic Jokers. Keane with Pink Floyd. Snow Patrol with Ozric Tentacles.

Yes, they are rock bands with men who play guitar and grow small beards. But that doesn't mean they inhabit the same musical universe.

There is a reason why we identify concepts in musical movements: like mainstream, populist, standard, structured, subversive, underground, psychedelic, hardcore, abstract, avant garde.

Using language helps us to separate, and better understand different music scenes. I aid you with words, as you clearly have no personal understanding of some of the above-named concepts.

And yes, I laugh when I watch the massacre video...I laugh with joy, because I've been there and know what it is about. It is so beautiful, I could almost cry.

For others reading this thread, here is a new piece from the same producer of the tune from the video:

Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Okay, look, I apologise... I've had a few drinks & probably shouldn't have posted.
Didn't realise that some people here actually thought this was good...

Didn't mean to start a geeky web forum argument.

Everyone obviously has different taste in music/noise and that is a good thing.

Sorry

Alrighty then

Time for a cliched peace & love message
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
That comment takes the cake. You are comparing Coldplay with Cosmic Jokers. Keane with Pink Floyd. Snow Patrol with Ozric Tentacles.

Yes, they are rock bands with men who play guitar and grow small beards. But that doesn't mean they inhabit the same musical universe.

There is a reason why we identify concepts in musical movements: like mainstream, populist, standard, structured, subversive, underground, psychedelic, hardcore, abstract, avant garde.

Using language helps us to separate, and better understand different music scenes. I aid you with words, as you clearly have no personal understanding of some of the above-named concepts.

For others reading this thread, here is a new piece from the same producer of the tune from the video:
You are right, language divides us...into catagories. House ,techno trance, d&b, breaks, dubstep, garage, psytrance, triphop, progressive and minimal genres and sub-genres ectr on and on and on to no end. Personally , blame the music critics. Labelling it all and dividing us up, by this description or that. There was a time when it was just music. Good or Bad. Trance was played with breaks after a techno record which was mixed out of a house track and so forth. Now we have lots of boring djs who play one style and they are stuck in a box that the music critics created for us. Guess I miss the days of old.
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:

And yes, I laugh when I watch the massacre video...I laugh with joy, because I've been there and know what it is about. It is so beautiful, I could almost cry.

Pink Floyd are every bit as good as Keane IMO.

You should check out an album they did called 'The Dark Side of the Moon'... it's actually really good.
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Come on... Seriously... can you really watch this video without laughing, at least a bit?

Worry not Simon, I laughed pretty hard at this too, but I'll reserve my negative comments heh... I think my perception of dancing is a bit different (and I'm saying this with a positive attitude) this seems more like a liberation of energy, a series of body movements in response to the anxiety caused not only by the music that's pumping, but also by whatever narcotics are involved in the equation. Not being critical really, it was just... funny...
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:

I wasn't really feeling the music in the first video, though I liked watching how people danced to it, and could appreciate what it would be like if I were there, probably on something...but I love the youtube piece, and what a great name--will look him up
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubtek71 View Post
You are right, language divides us...into catagories. House ,techno trance, d&b, breaks, dubstep, garage, psytrance, triphop, progressive and minimal genres and sub-genres ectr on and on and on to no end. Personally , blame the music critics. Labelling it all and dividing us up, by this description or that. There was a time when it was just music. Good or Bad. Trance was played with breaks after a techno record which was mixed out of a house track and so forth. Now we have lots of boring djs who play one style and they are stuck in a box that the music critics created for us. Guess I miss the days of old.
I'd also like more diverse sets. The minimal techno festivals around north Germany in the summer are so boring: 5 stages all playing the same dead 125bpm crap. The people apparently love it, but when you watch them dance you see no energy there...weird.

But regarding language, I was referring to naming concepts to help those who cannot separate them. And generally I don't mind the naming of genres, for it helps us to find the music we like.
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Pink Floyd are every bit as good as Keane IMO.

You should check out an album they did called 'The Dark Side of the Moon'... it's actually really good.
tee-hee heh
Old 30th December 2010
DSK
Lives for gear

When I saw Goa Gil last summer it made me feel old and i'm in my 20s. I mean this human being could vibrate in a conscious state for 60+ hours while playing the latest tracks from all over the world from cassete decks. I mean the most dancy out of this world powerfull soundesign infused digital made in fruity loops music combined with the highest quallity tape deck sound via an amazing soundsystem.thumbsup

I went to rest that weekend 3 times over 4 days. Everytime I woke up GoaGil was still playing....

Eating your vegetables, excersise , meditatation and a clean mind can really take you places.
Old 30th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Raja Ram from Shpongle just turned 69. Look up any live Shpongle video and it is much more wacked out than this.
I really hate that people take videos of other people dancing in daylight.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search