The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Moog rogue VS Minikorg 700 Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 29th December 2010
Gear Head

Moog rogue VS Minikorg 700

I have a choice between getting a Minikorg 700 (not S), or a Rogue.
Both are about the same price.
What do you guys think is the better option?
Old 29th December 2010
Deleted be0c6fb
I think it would come down to a matter of taste. Listen to both and decide for yourself.
Old 29th December 2010
Lives for gear

Moog rogue VS Minikorg 700

The Rogue has a proper moog filter. If that is your sound, then go for it. The korg is probably better made!

rachel
Old 29th December 2010
Lives for gear

Interesting comparison.

I like the Moog Rogue very much (regret selling mine), has a beautiful singing filter that is very musical. The 700 is a synth I have always been interested in, I see it comes up quite often on being used in classic songs I never realised. Mainly as a sultry lead, it has a very nice, individual charactor that spaces it apart from most other more well known monos. Obviousley the 700 is the most basic version, 700s and Maxi/800DV are next in the tree respectivley. It still sounds fantastic.

In all honesty, I'd have a hard time picking between the two. Although the 700 is perhaps the rarer these days, I'd probably take the Rogue, as I know how good it sounds from actual experience. One thing to check though if you take that route, the build quality isn't that great. I found the sliders were very stiff (a common problem on un-serviced units). I'm not too sure how well the 700 is built, but if its anything like the micropreset M500 (which I have played), it will be like a tank.

Good luck with your choice thumbsup
Old 29th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Rogue is big, Moogy and gutsy but quite limited, the 700 is more distinctive with its dual filter design but still quite limited. So choose on the type of sound that you want. But I'd take a 700s over the Rogue, much more variation in sound with the extra oscillator, and extra controls, an endlessly surprising little machine!
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search