The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
I'd love some feedback on this ambient electronic tune
Old 28th December 2010
Gear Addict

I'd love some feedback on this ambient electronic tune

Another new tune with a totally different twist. This is a slow ambient electronic song. Would love to know what you think. Special attention was paid to a gelling the whole thing together through use of some intersting transitions.

So how'd i do?

frankhoekzema - Exhile - letting go on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
Old 28th December 2010
Lives for gear

that melody that comes in at the start would sound nice smothered in delay and reverb. Needs a shaker or tamb loop to fill the 8k+ spectrum. Crashes are a little too loud, the whole kit needs a little more compression and reverb just to put it into a bit of a space. Likewise with the vocals.

My opinions
Old 28th December 2010
Gear Addict

Funny that i actually had more reverb on at first but decided to back of as it was sounding too spacey.

Thanks for the other advise. I can see what you mean about the compression and the tamb to add a little top end. Will try and experiment some more.
Old 28th December 2010
Lives for gear

No probs man. Just add a very subtle tambourine loop to add a bit more texture. Definitely think that intro melody and the snare is too dry.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search