The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Android Lust Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 27th December 2010
Lives for gear

Android Lust

I finally got a hold of the new CD (The Human Animal.) I was really excited as Android lust is one of the few not terror banana or metal modern industrial groups I have found. The album on first listen on my laptop speakers seems well produced, and the songs are decent, but never the less I am disappointed. I really liked the harsher sound of Devour, Rise and take Flight and wish she had done a second album exploring that territory instead of moving into what I would consider a more rock direction. Granted after 4 years I expected the sound to be different, and I do get bored when artists keep releasing the same album but...
Anyone have thoughts on the album? Are there any bands doing a sound similar to Android Lusts older stuff (i.e. not guitars but not to many, accessible enough my gfs don't get upset when I put it on but still appeals to my inner skinny puppy fan boy?)
Or can anyone tell me why so many industrial bands turn to rock, metal or trance after the first few albums? Apop and their last two abominations come to mind...
On a more slutty note listening to her old stuff really makes me want to try and get a hold of a korg z1, according to an interview I read it is one of her go to synths and on paper it looks great and I need a va... Though for the price they go for I could get a blofeld and have decent polyphony...
Old 27th December 2010
Gear Maniac

I kind of assume she is doing what she thinks she needs to do to keep her career afloat.
Just seems like industrial/goth scene has completely tanked the last few years. It is just hard to see how anyone short of the biggest names can really be making any money.
Slutty wise I know she likes reaktor and I'm pretty certain the string synth on The Return is the reaktor ens acoustring and not a guitar.
The album overall though I just don't think is that good. She is good for industrial but melodically she just isn't that strong to try to branch too far away from that.
That Ohgr track Tragek from over the summer is fantastic as far as being accessible.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search