The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Help! Netbook setup Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 27th December 2010
Gear Head

Help! Netbook setup

Hep hey!

I'm currently working on my Asus EeePC as my laptop decided to kill itself and there isn't enough money for a new :(

Still I want to create music. But I've got no CPU power and the VSTi I use is way too heavy for the little netbook thingie.

I'm currently using Studio One or Cubase SX3 (I also got access to Cubase Essentials5). Studio One is handling the dataflow and things in a way that takes up way to much CPU time and Cubase SX3 is getting on my nerves. What to do? I also tested Reaper, but it can't handle my tiny 10" monitor.

I really need some good sounding VSTi synths + drummachines which uses little CPU power.
Old 27th December 2010
Gear Addict

The TAL stuff is pretty decent material and not very CPU intensive as far as I know:

Products

There's also the line up of Synapse's synths:

-Hydra
-Poly850
-Scorpion

Lennar Digital's Sylenth1 sounds great and may be CPU friendly along with GForce's impOSCar.

And as I'm a 303 lover, you should also look into Audiorealism's Bassline 2 (and their Bassline Pro which isn't a 303 at all but a great synth).

Hope those help!
Old 27th December 2010
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk Fiction View Post
The TAL stuff is pretty decent material and not very CPU intensive as far as I know:

Products

There's also the line up of Synapse's synths:

-Hydra
-Poly850
-Scorpion

Lennar Digital's Sylenth1 sounds great and may be CPU friendly along with GForce's impOSCar.

And as I'm a 303 lover, you should also look into Audiorealism's Bassline 2 (and their Bassline Pro which isn't a 303 at all but a great synth).

Hope those help!
Quick answer... Thanks a lot
The TAL instruments are unfortunately not that well programmed and they tend to crash or make soundglitches when pushed.

I'll have a look at those others instruments ...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search