The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Everything but the girl - missing (fedde le grand remix) Rackmount Synthesizers
Old 26th December 2010
Here for the gear

Everything but the girl - missing (fedde le grand remix)

Hello everyone!

I'm having this question concerning Fedde Le Grand's new remix for Everything but the girl - Missing
The track takes off with some kind of pitched down LFO modulated phase sound. Does anyone have any idea how to create this kind of sound or maybe know which synth was used for it?

You can hear it aswell in the following tracks:

- Axwell, Ingrosso, Angello, Laidback Luke feat. Deborah Cox - Leave the World Behind (throughout the whole track, but especially during the break and build up!)d
- Grooveyard - Mary go wild (Nicky Romero Classic Mix) (during the break)
- Sebastian Ingrosso & Dirty South - Meich (at the end of the first long break)
- Axwell - Nothing but love (Classis Mix) (at the end of the first build up towards the drop)

In Leave The World Behind it's got a more noisy touch to it, but keeps the same basis ...
I've already been messing around a lot myself (telephone eq, hpfiltering, phaser) but without any matching results ...

Anyone any suggestions?

Greets T&S
Old 26th December 2010
moog filter? basically, a lowpass with some resonance in it.
Old 26th December 2010
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebleandsonido View Post
or maybe know which synth was used for it?
No. Realize that it may not even have been a synth - if you'd put this in Ableton Live and you'd automate the transpose (while the clip is warped), then it'd retain its rhythm but change in pitch. Alternatively, if you take the samples separately and timestretch each clip a few cents down, you'd get a similar effect.

Quote:
Anyone any suggestions?
What do you have at your disposal to recreate this with?

First of all, use an LFO to the amplifier to make it shimmer like that. Basically, what you have to do is strip away the illusion and think of it as a continuous tone - that way it's easier. The sound makes me think of the Micro-Q where you could use a (positive or negative, kind of forgot which one is the square-ish sounding one, the other sounds saw-ish) comb filter with high resonance to add a pitch to noise.

Comb filters aren't that common, so you'd have to look in the direction of the Blofeld/Largo I guess (Massive has a comb filter, but it's saw-ish, so it's not the one you want to use).
Old 26th December 2010
Lives for gear

Believe the Radias/R3 have a comb filter option if you happen to have access to those.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search