The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Glitch FX...?
Old 3rd January 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
the first software I got into using was Buzz, that's a hell of a tracker and modular environment right there

I can't get into Renoise for some reason, though. no idea why...
I started off writing sequences in Modplug and Buzz, then moved to FL for a good few years then went off to Pro Tools on macs and finally went to Ableton land back on the PC just a few months ago. When Renoise came out with rewire capability and I was using only macs I went back to handling drum work in trackers after a long time of not using them....

Since Buzz is being developed again, if Oskari sticks rewire on it I might even start using buzz again. The dsp framework of that piece of software is nice though it's a bit sad that there's loads of Arguru's programming work in the generators.

I think learning how to use trackers when I was young and starting out helped me grasp the intricate science of digital audio and sampling and how sequence data flow works better than if I would've never used one. They really just let you get down and dirty into the sequence math. I've never been able to quite replicate it using conventional piano roll and automation.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search