The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
So I just found out my dad already bought me the Maschine for christmas... Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 24th December 2010
Here for the gear

So I just found out my dad already bought me the Maschine for christmas...

I went to steves music store to get some new headphones, and I saw on the computer komplete 7, which is the only thing i asked for, and the maschine above it... But I'm kind of a beginner here, I just started working with a proper DAW this past summer, a year ago I didn't know what a virtual instrument was.. So I'm kind of intimidated here.. Komplete 7 is already going to take me years to get through, so I feel like i have too much on my plate.. I'm probably just going to end up using it as a midi controller, which seems like a waste of my parents money.. Is it really complicated to use?
Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear

So I just found out my dad already bought me the Maschine for christmas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devecseri
I went to steves music store to get some new headphones, and I saw on the computer komplete 7, which is the only thing i asked for, and the maschine above it... But I'm kind of a beginner here, I just started working with a proper DAW this past summer, a year ago I didn't know what a virtual instrument was.. So I'm kind of intimidated here.. Komplete 7 is already going to take me years to get through, so I feel like i have too much on my plate.. I'm probably just going to end up using it as a midi controller, which seems like a waste of my parents money.. Is it really complicated to use?
I don't own it but from what I've seen you should be fine. You can get really deep but you dont need a degree to get your head around it.
My mum got me DCAM Synth Squad haha
Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devecseri View Post
I'm probably just going to end up using it as a midi controller, which seems like a waste of my parents money.. Is it really complicated to use?
Nah, it's actually dead simple to use and it's very cool. Check out a few vids on the NI site and you'll be using it in no time. Now, Reaktor on the other hand,....
Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear

Don't panic

Don't be afraid... I know it can seem intimidating and so much to learn, but just start with a song.

In writing and recording a song, figure out JUST the things you need to do as you go along... and before you know it, it adds up quickly and you're off and running!

I always find that way better than just manual reading, it feels more real, it's more relative to you and then what you learn relates better to you and you remember more.

And you always have us to ask any questions and/or use the search function here, you wouldn't believe how much has already been covered, almost anything you want to know has been discussed.

It really is fun, just dive in!

-Andrews
Old 24th December 2010
obs
Gear Head

Asking if Maschine is really complicated to use is kinda like asking if water is really dry. The whole point of maschine is it's ease of use.
Old 24th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devecseri View Post
...which seems like a waste of my parents money..
As your parent's child, that's kinda your job

Speaking of...

What awesome parents you have. I hope you realize that. Go make them some kick ass music.
Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear

Agree, awesome parents you have!!

There will be a software upgrade early next year that will allow you to use plugins inside Maschine. Machine is already a very powerful sequencer and groove Maschine, so with Komplete you'll have added drum sounds of Battery, Fm8, Kontakt, and multiple synth and sound sources with the rest. Plus all the added Fx units and Reaktor.

Have fun next year

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search