The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Your slutty 2011 gear plans. Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 2nd February 2011
joh
Gear Nut

Buy:

Electron Octatrack
Kush Audio Clariphonic
maybe Fractal Axe FX
maybe UAD Studer (if they discount it, 350 bucks is way too expensive)
Old 2nd February 2011
Well, I've just sold my Roland XV5050 and Korg X5dr.

Looking to get a V-synth XT soon.GOT THE V-SYNTH!!!

Then to replace the XV, I'm looking at a Fantom G (this will also replace my XP30, although, for the money they're fetching, it's not worth selling the XP)

To replace the X5dr, I'm looking at a Kronos.

I've also got some kit that got quite wet in a studio flood - so once the insurance pays out, that will also fund my new toys.

Hopefully!

Dan
Old 2nd February 2011
Gear Nut

If enough money is left in the DJ fund I might buy a Bozak mixer.

rs
Old 2nd February 2011
Gear Maniac

I checked out the octatrack today!! very nice..but then I found a emu eiii online, and I'm back to being stuck..
Old 3rd February 2011
joh
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by joh View Post
Buy:

Electron Octatrack
Kush Audio Clariphonic
maybe Fractal Axe FX
maybe UAD Studer (if they discount it, 350 bucks is way too expensive)

I have to add: maybe the Eventide Space (instead of Axe FX). We´ll see.
Old 3rd February 2011
Lives for gear

I usually never plan... I just buy thing when I get a chance. But this year I'm going to sell my Voyager and buy something which feels more analog.

First I thought I'll buy a Challenger but now OurDarkness spreads a rumor about an analog poly sizer... interesting
Old 3rd February 2011
Lives for gear

Having sold everything but my guitar setup + two midi controllers (remote sl + weighted fatar keyboard) & software to fund my move to Chicago, I'm rebuilding my hardware setup from scratch.

I doubt I'll get to all of this but here's the order in which I'd like to buy things:
Akai Ax80
Ensoniq ASR-10 (rack)
Yamaha HS50 monitors
Akai mpc60
Allen & Heath MixWizard 3 16:2
Kurzweil micro ensemble

And then, if I somehow really start raking in the dough...I'll go for a modular of some sort and an original Roland Space Echo (not sure which model.)
Old 3rd February 2011
Gear Nut

I don't know what just happened, but in the last month I just bought...

Vintech x73i
Sebatron VMP4000e
Lynx Aurora
Presonus HP60
2x 414B-uls
2x Beyer mc930
Beyer m201
Pearlman Tm-1

And a bunch of headphones, cables, custom built racks and diffusers and a 100ft snake. And got both the live room and control room completely remodeled.

And it's still not NEARLY enough...
Old 3rd February 2011
Lives for gear

H3000
JP8080
SEM
EURO MODULES
EVENTIDE SPACE
PULLET

Are all on the radar, waiting for deals....

Nothing for a while though as im broke and paying off the overdraft which took a battering of late
Old 14th February 2011
Lives for gear

Just got these 3:

Still waiting on the Pulse and the Taylor to arrive tho.
Old 19th February 2011
revised; everything i said in the last post

but also finish out wiring up everything and get my workflow alot more simple.

then finish out my outboard chain. alesis hd24xr, pro vla, and masterlink.

(the pro vla and the masterlink are already in the bag baby!)
Old 20th February 2011
Gear Maniac

dang im knee deep in my slutness as we speak. I traded my voyager rme for a prophet 08. Im desperatly searching for a quasimidi Sirius. Thinking about trading my Korg M3 and a Gibson LP traditional for an Oberheim Xpander and some other stuff. Even though i just purchased an EMX-1, i have to have an elektron MD uw-sp. If I do trade my korg m3 and get the xpander that leaves me an empty spot for another keyboard so im thinking if I can find a Yamaha AN1x i will snatch that up. Ive got some real slutty plans for this year. If i dont catch an std by december i will be disappointed!
Old 20th February 2011
Gear Maniac

UAD, NI Komplete, Arturia plugs, Going to go down that route this year, the main theme is to stop using plugin's that eerrrm...... crash!

Fix my Mono/Poly (noisy pots). Then maybe if I get loads more cash than expected an MKS-80 would be nice.
Old 20th February 2011
Here for the gear

Just picked up one of the limited edition black Waldorf Blofeld Keyboards. Going to add a Little Phatty, SH2 and V Synth (should never have sold mine) and a new Mac and maybe a mixer and some effects :-)
Old 20th February 2011
Gear Addict

2011 gear plans :
selling gear that no longer in use, then buying -

Akai APC40 √
mac pro (its time to upgrade my aging G5
FutureRetro XS
Zoom h4n
x0xb0x
more fx hardware

and if i'll find good deals for Jupiter 6, Waldorf XT\XTK, SH101, Pro One - i will grab them as well... heh
Old 20th February 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushton View Post
Well its called gearslutz not sensible musicians

(1000 mark passed dont know whether to heh or)

Old 15th March 2011
Gear Maniac

Eventide Space (on the way)

UBK Fatso (saving pennies and selling off)

Fairlight Ipad app (Got the Pro version now, cool but a bit limited (no release parameter on sounds)

Hi end DI i/e: Ridge Farms Gas Cooker, Overstayer Line Driver, DW Fearn, TAB Funkenwerk, Phoenix Audio Nice DI
or Vulture Culutre
Old 15th March 2011
Lives for gear

xoxio full mod (50% done do far ) - yeeehaaaa
tempest
ebbe und flut
moisturizer
some euro timing/clock/dividers
analogue sequencers
v-synth
pro600
juno 60 (would love a jp8 but $$$) - i love the envelopes on those things
something moogy for bass (se-1x? challenger? macbeth?)
waiting for a full midied analogue poly (sp polychain?) would love a poly voyager but hey... when will it happen
some 500 series modules with trannies and GAIN and EQ's
a mixer or ITB, i dont know

new monitors and a new room to womp in.

slutty enough? or am i just a semi slut... its enough cash even that small list
Old 15th March 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden beers View Post
Acoustic treatment
*yawns*
+1
Old 15th March 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by clusterchord View Post
i'm getting a few additions to my mbp, boring but much needed: two 2.5" HDDs @7200, HDD adapter to replace superdrive, ext hdd raid box. then:

Akai APC20 or APC40
Fireface UFX, instead of my FF800
flight case for mbp+apc+ffUFX+ES-1
finish refurbishing my OBX (partly done)
have my prophet 5 rev2 overhauled in the spring

aside from that, no definite slutty plans. so far i had only toyed with the following ideas:

have my SSM-based vco and vcf modules finished in motm or frac format
buying some PCBs from yu-synth and oakley
Elkorus
Ashly LX308B line mixer - for my fx returns live
refurb Studer 169.. if there will be nice projects coming my way again..
another old SEM, or Source, or JP4 if i run into one
revised may2011:

of the original list i managed to get another SEM, a new i7 daw, and gave OBX to be refurbished (almost done).

my scaled down plans for the remainder of the yr:

getting my prophet rev2, and Dynacord SRS56 fixed sometime in June/July
expert sleepers ES-3
iPad2 to control ableton on MBP
modularizing one or both SEMs, with extra modules.
make another batch of bass traps, and a cloud absorber.
one high ticket item: Xpander, or 70s Neumann U87

a cheapo "17 dvi to act as second monitor, for watching levels/plugs. probably first on my list.
Old 15th March 2011
Gear Nut

About to buy a 6 core Mac Pro with 12gb of RAM and a Quadro 4000. I would like new monitors, maybe around xmas.
Old 15th March 2011
I don't plan to buy much of any gear in 2011 or 2012. Maybe sell my P08 and Moog LP to get a fancy new iMac to run my softsynths.

The most expensive thing I ever bought came in the mail today - my son's diploma - he graduated from college after 3.5 years with a double major. It cost me more than $120,000. Best money I ever spent. But he's the one who did the work and earned it.

My daughter is half way through school, which will cost me another $70,000 by the time she is done. With undergrad - she is pre-med.

Maybe when my daughter is a doctor and making lots of money, she can buy her old man some new synths.
Old 15th March 2011
Lives for gear

inspired now to update my stuff

so my cs-10 is sold, and i got the ms-20. The prodigy is going as well, and coming in is the cs-30. After that, I want to get the cirklon+tb303 midi kit from sequentix, and maybe an MPC or RS7000 or some other sequencer.

also still on the list is an svc-350, and maybe some other vintage roland effects, although the priority is on an svc-350 at the moment...

after that I think it's modular time.

would also still like a memorymoog plus, trident, or jp4, we'll see though, I really have no room for any more big keyboards at the moment.
Old 15th March 2011
Here for the gear

My list is short because funds are short until I get out of Grad School
The List:
Microphones and some sort of lovely pre...
and a quality soldering iron because who doesn't like to try to make things? My husband has basically trashed the one we have and I need one that is off limits to the household!
Old 15th March 2011
Lives for gear

My plans have changed yet again

I've decided to stick mostly with what I have and just try to integrate everything into one unstoppable creation station. This entails:

Getting the Minerva mod for my Juno 60
Getting a Mackie Onyx 1640i FireWire mixer. I've been trying to find a good audio interface for a while but the thing is I really love having an analog mixer with all that eq - the 1640i means I can do both, plus its 16 in 16 out! Exciting.
Also I'd like to get like a dbx 160 comp, and some kind of reverb/delay rack unit. Lexicon if I can afford it, and maybe a Strymon El Capistan for delay.
A turntable for musical enjoyment and also for sampling drums from vinyl
An MPD or other midi-pad controller for tapping out beats.

If I work hard all summer I can pull it off. Also that would mean that my most expensive piece of gear would be the mixer...which I never really foresaw.
Old 15th March 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by rasseru View Post
something moogy for bass (se-1x? challenger? macbeth?)
id advise the last one. most moogy (as in warm and big sounding) piece of hardware ive heard of today's offerings.

id go witht the eurorack version x-series dual oscillator and backend filter... a killer 3U setup - 2 vcos, ladder filter, vca, 2 env, lfo, pwm, and ring mod.. youll also need a PSU at the back. since its cv/gate hardware , you can run it either via Silent Way plugin for ultimate precision and timing (dc audio via audiocard), or get a small Kenton pro solo midi-cv..

whats nice is, down the road, if you desire some other functions/modules, or another (third) VCO, its easy enough to expand into another 3U space.

i know going eurorack its not as trim and sexy as finished standalone rack or keybord products with blnky lights and LCD, a la new moogs, or studio electronics.. but the sound is oh so worth it. its whole different ballgame. and flexiblity is beyond compare.

from little i heard of OurDarkness demos Challenger sounds humongous, but perhaps not as moogy as you would like. tad different sonic stamp.
Old 15th March 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by clusterchord View Post
id go witht the eurorack version x-series dual oscillator and backend filter... a killer 3U setup - 2 vcos, ladder filter, vca, 2 env, lfo, pwm, and ring mod.. youll also need a PSU at the back. since its cv/gate hardware , you can run it either via Silent Way plugin for ultimate precision and timing (dc audio via audiocard), or get a small Kenton pro solo midi-cv..

......................(challenger) tad different sonic stamp.

yeah, i forgot those (motu's?) that you can daisy chain silent-way style is on the list. - and a tip-top (zues?) powered case on the cheap for the euro. i really need them to be in flight cases as im planning on moving a lot at the end of the year = $$$$ with a modular

the challenger did sound pretty sweet to me for mid-higher notes though.

cant wait for my xox!
Old 15th March 2011
Lives for gear

Still got my eye out for a Virus TI...

Maybe a snow. Not sure yet.

But it's definitely going to be a Virus.

Regards
Josef Horhay
Mixing Engineer
www.acoosticzoo.com
Old 15th March 2011
Gear Nut

Buy: hopefully nothing.

Learn to take full advantage of what I already have and am familiar with and just focus on creating: yes.
Old 15th March 2011
My plans for this year have changed dramatically. Here's the updated list which I'm hopefully going to buy before the summer (spending all my savings on them):

SYNTH STUFF:
- MOTU Volta
- Expert Sleepers ES-3 black aluminium
- Cwejman S1 mk II
- Cwejman ADSR-VC2 (bought it already)

COMPRESSORS:
- API 2500
- Empirical Labs Distressor EL8 X

MICS & PREAMPS:
- Millennia HV-3C
- AKG C414 XLS (bought it already)
- Gefell UM930
- Gefell M300 (x2) (matched pair)

OTHER STUFF:
- Sennheiser HD25-1 II Pro (headphones)
- Larrivee B-03RE (acoustic bass)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search