The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Your slutty 2011 gear plans. Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 25th December 2010
Lives for gear

Your slutty 2011 gear plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alehoe
sell my Dynaudio Audience 50 speakers and Bryston 2blp amp and get a pair of Dynaudio BM5a MKII

sell Prophet '08 and use money for buying a nice Nissan 240sx Fastback with an SR20DET engine AYOOOOOOOOO

haha I wishhhh

also getting DCAM eventually and whatever other good plug-ins

still want that FR XS though

who knows
I used to have a 180sx (jap version of 240) set up for drifting. Cops got to onto us and had to sell it as I couldn't drive it without getting pulled over. Feck I miss that car, had a roll cage and all heh
Old 25th December 2010
Lives for gear

A new car. I've spent enough on gear. (did that come out of MY mouth????)
Seriously... less spending and more making money...err...music.
Old 25th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazper View Post
"sure i've never soldered before... how hard can it be???"
Old 25th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by alehoe View Post
sell my Dynaudio Audience 50 speakers and Bryston 2blp amp and get a pair of Dynaudio BM5a MKII

sell Prophet '08 and use money for buying a nice Nissan 240sx Fastback with an SR20DET engine AYOOOOOOOOO

haha I wishhhh

also getting DCAM eventually and whatever other good plug-ins

still want that FR XS though

who knows
Wow, Nissan 240sx must be pretty cheap if you can sell a Prophet '08 to fund one
Old 25th December 2010
Lives for gear

Buying a second Serge panel and a MUCH better analog to digital convertor. Lavry maybe?
Old 25th December 2010
I am on the same boat (m-boat?). Expanding my Serge is on my priority list - Audio Interface and Klangzeit seems like a great companion to my Animoo
Plus I am peeping into Octatrack since I am Elektron fan, although hate their CS.
Old 25th December 2010
Lives for gear

I think I'll be getting:

Octatrack
SEM
Nord Electro 3
Kurzweil PC3x
Old 25th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushton View Post
I used to have a 180sx (jap version of 240) set up for drifting. Cops got to onto us and had to sell it as I couldn't drive it without getting pulled over. Feck I miss that car, had a roll cage and all heh
Mines a coupe, sil front, welded rear, sr20, fmic, 3'' from turbo back, no cat, 13lbs boost, JDM ssr three piece.. gutted for the track..

i go back and forth about selling it all the time.. Or trading..

but yeah the cops give me hell they really do profile you in a car like that.. its not 'fancy' but its low and a lil loud..

I live in the mountains of colorado.. not to sound like a jdm fanboi but there are some really fun touge spots round here...
Old 26th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidgit View Post
for me: less gear, more music.
4me: +gear.
Old 26th December 2010
Gear Maniac

vintage gear emulation madness for me here.. just got a UAD lappy card.. looking forward to demoing the Studer A800, Manley Massive Passive, And Neve 88RS and SSL E Series channel strip.

creamy stuff so far, and it only came with the vintage compressor bundle.. If I really like the above-mensioned plugs, then its spending spree time. Would really like some 'vintage' mojo for my laptop/ableton produced deep house tunes. If not, sell the card, break close to even

Should be good fun regardless! Really like the UAD business model, since I could frankly use a little more processing power with my MBP anyways.

/s
Old 26th December 2010
Gear Head

My girlfriend just got me an Atari 1040STF for Christmas, so I plan on getting Cubase and a Midex+ for it.

After that, I want to thin out my studio to fund for a Korg MS-20, an RME interface, and another 12-bit sampler. I'd like to have an Akai MPC60, but people have been asking out the ass for them lately.

Perhaps a better set of monitors, I think my ears have finally outgrown my Behringer Truths. Maybe a set of Adam A8x with a subwoofer. A local guy is selling some for a pretty good deal.

Last but not least, I'd like to have my Tr-606 modded for tone control and indv. outs. Then maybe a few more hardware effects and that should set me for a good bit.

So all in all, 2011 holds:

Cubase 3 + MIDI expander
MS-20
RME Fireface
MPC60
Adam A8x/possibly A7x
606 mods
Spring reverbs/multi effects units
Old 27th December 2010
Gear Addict

Eurocrack (just started) , won't have money left for any other gear
Old 27th December 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushton View Post
nice! was it one of the ones that came with the stock sr20det or did it have a ca18det?

also, a pic wouldn't hurt!
Old 27th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by waveterm View Post
and possibly something so very very rare that I have to kill you all if I tell.
Old 27th December 2010
Lives for gear

An 808
Hopefully an SC P5 or Oberheim OB Xa
A new firewire interface
Mic for percussion and vocals
More rack effect units, delays, reverbs from the 80's (old boss, yamaha, effectron, zoom, etc)
Revox or Otari Reel to reel
More music theory, funk, philosophy books
...and a one-way ticket back to f*cking NYC :D

Edit: lol on the silvias. I used to be into cars 10 years ago before I started moving to different cities and just used mass transpo and got into djing and photography. Had a 240 with a redtop sr20det... blew the first one due to a very slightly dented oil pan, which restricted the oil flow because of its' dumb design; ie: picture a straw a few mm's from the bottom of the oil pan, the slightest dent will impair flow. And many motor swap places have these [email protected] engines stored and moved around on its' [email protected] pan = bad! Make sure to swap out the oil pan for a brand new one! Only a couple of bucks and you can do it yourself. Also, swapped out the stock non-lsd diff with one from a maxima or altima iirc? Donut fun!
Old 27th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWSooner View Post
Old 27th December 2010
Lives for gear

Since I seem to miss out on the JD-800 this year, I'll make it my goal for 2011.
Also, getting my Polysix fixed.
Old 27th December 2010
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurDarkness View Post
Another +1 from me.

I am sick of drooling over new machines and stealing time from the ones that I already have in my studio.
+1. It's a tough dilemna
Old 27th December 2010
Gear Nut

New soundcard (Probably the new RME firewire/USB one)

Better wiring

New mini keyboard controller
Old 27th December 2010
Lives for gear

- Nissan Qashqai turbodiesel
- Symetrix sx202
Old 27th December 2010
Lives for gear

Well, let's see how I did vs. last year's thread.

Quote:
This year I'm planning to get:
New Mac Pro when Apple announces new machines
Check.

Quote:
Logic Pro
Check.

Quote:
Metric Halo ULN-8
Check.

Quote:
Euphonix MC Control
Check.

Quote:
Euphonix MC Mix
Nope, not sure I'm going to get one either.

Quote:
Kyma Pacarana
Nope. Still want, not the highest priority though.

Quote:
I'll also keep an eye out for an ARP 2600 in good condition at a semi-reasonable price, but that may not happen this year.
Check, got the best one I've ever laid eyes on.

Quote:
That will pretty much complete my home studio.
Epic fail.

That 2010 wishlist didn't include half the stuff I did get (FS1R, Voyetra 8, Octave Cat, boutique guitar pedals, MBrane, Mutator, etc.) and I still have more stuff to go.

On the plus side the only stuff on my list that I would still call a requirement is:
  • 2nd ULN-8 or a LIO-8
  • John Bowen Solaris (Yes, I'm a preorder customer. Yes, 2011 is the year. Really. Seriously. No foolin'.)
  • Musicman Stingray
Not sure how much else I'm going to go after in 2011. The rest of the wishlist right now looks something like:
  • MacBeth Dual Oscillator and Backend Filter
  • Cwejman S1 Mk II
  • Slate Dragon
  • Stereo compressor (API 2500? A Designs Nail?)
  • Eventide H8000FW replacement if they announce one
  • ARP Odyssey Mk II
  • Kyma Pacarana
  • Pro One
  • Elka Synthex
  • Synton Syrinx
  • Some other Eurorack modules to go in the enclosure I pick up for the MacBeth stuff
A lot of that stuff is the sort of thing I'm passively looking for but not in any real hurry to get, so would only be interested if it was in phenomenal shape/great price/otherwise noteworthy. Honestly I'm at the point now where I don't think I *need* anything other than the ULN/LIO-8, Solaris, and the Stingray. Everything else is gravy. Especially the Oddy (have a 2600) and the Pro One (have a P5) but they can both be had at semi-reasonable prices and can sound different/do things that their big brothers can't do.
Old 28th December 2010
I'm going to buy a polyphonic analog synth. Haven't found a good one yet. It should be able to create nice plug sounds and pads.

And probably also Prism Sound Orpheus audio interface.
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

What I bought last year:
- Fender Baja (sold)
- Fender AVRI '52
- Fender Jazz Bass
- Martin 000-16Gt
- NS10
- Alesis RA500
- Adam A7 (sold)
- KRK RP5 (sold)
- Adam A7X
- Behringer 3030a
- AT4050
- AT4054
- D12e
- MD441 (sold)
- C451
- Behringer Bass Vamp Pro
- Roland JV800
- FMR PBC6a
- M-Audio Oxygen midi keyboard
- Orange Tiny Terror
- Peavey Classic50
- Steinberg MR816x
- EH Memory Man Deluxe (sold)
- Vox Tonelab LE (sold)
- Ludwig Supraphonic 5.5
- Canon 550D (35mm f2, 85mm f1.8)

And how I see year 2011 would be:
- Macbook Pro
- Glidecam HD2000
- SLR lenses
- probably more outboard gear just to print the eq's and comps
- if there's a guitar amp in the picture it will be Mesa Mark IV
- dont really need extra mics right now (maybe d112 and more sm57's)
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

I can't afford all of this stuff so it's pure fantasy. But in 2011 I'd like to get hold of;

Roland RS-09
Korg GR-1
Tom Oberheim SEM Pro
Moog Slim Phatty
Eventide 2016
Art Tube pre-amp
Electro Harmonix Small Stone Phaser
Electro Harmonix Deluxe Memory Boy

etc ............
Old 2nd January 2011
Deleted User
A new mixing desk, i need 24-32 channels at least.
Doepfer Dark Time Sequencer
Possibly New Monitors

And... to make more music!
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

Kyma Pacarana
K&H o 300 + o 810
BMW 318d
Old 2nd January 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beermaster View Post
Also looking at the 'invitation only' - British Brass library from Spitfire Audio....tho 12K is a lot for a brass library
Holy christ, mang! At that price you could hire a local orchestra three or four times for any serious projects. Do they even give it to you on a hard disk or do they just mail you some burned DVDs?
Old 2nd January 2011
Not looking to buy much of anything this year.

We'll see what Eventide announces at NAMM but it's probably going to be something for guitarists. Maybe it's something fun like a "playable" effect. Something along the lines of a KAOSS pad or AirFX would get my attention. I might be interested in a worthy successor to the Eclipse but that probably won't happen yet.

Waldorf PPG 3.V has me intrigued even though I've already got enough synths for my purposes. Although I became considerably less interested because my trial serial number still hasn't been emailed to me three weeks later. I'm going to contact them at some point.

I've got plenty of stuff to keep me busy. I've got a relatively modest setup and likely way more than I need. Hell, just Reaktor is enough to keep anyone busy for a lifetime.
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

theres so much i want -

some old rolands
ebbe und flut
interested in octotrak
euro
macbeth
new monitors
acoustic treatment
some fun things for me and my gf and friends to much about with (dbeams,theremin,kaos pads, drum pads, mics, bouncy castles etc)

really really not sure whether to start buying modular or vintage
Old 2nd January 2011
Gear Nut

Getting my Alfa Spiders rust problem fixed.

And then I will be as poor as a church mouse.

With some rest money probably an Elektron Octatrack.

Thats all.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search