The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Your slutty 2011 gear plans.
Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by clank72 View Post
sell everything and quit.
What you got?

unless you mean, sell your TV, Car, etc
and quit your job to make music full time...

then, bravo!
Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear

2011. is new DAW year for me.

Well, now that I fixed and re-installed everything in my good old P4, I might just get a better sound interface. I'm not using softsynths at all, so we'll see...

And then:

buy Ensoniq MR rack.
sell Roland R8M, maybe.
buy SPL SX2.
get my JX8P back from a repair finally (can't wait...mmmm....pads...).
Old 24th December 2010
Gear Addict

MKS-80, MKS-70, EX-8000, FR-XS, a new mic, Alchemy, PadKontrol, Remote Zero (the last two or three maybe 2010, let's see how X-mas goes!
Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear

it's weird, but I don't know about anything for this year.... last year I had heaps of things I wanted to try, but this year.. not so much.

I'm definitely going to buy all the parts to build my ez1084eq kit.

Maybe get an oto biscuit.

possibly maybe some eurorack modular stuff... but if so I'd be looking more for processing modules than synth modules.
Old 24th December 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero View Post
wow my list of things to buy is rapidly shrinking these days.

First .. Korg MS-20. ..
Afterwards.. SVC-350, SRE-555, Dimension D, maybe some others. ..
Would like a lexicon/eventide too..
maybe a korg trident. ..
minimoog...

If somehow I have enough money left over, an elka synthex, memorymoog, or voyetra eight

This could also very well be the year that I start building a modular...

In digital/va/hybrid land, I'm hoping maybe to get a nord lead 2 or a microwave XT, and a korg ex-8000.
bwaa hahahaha you call this shrinking ??

what were your initial plans then.. a steinway, two moog modulars, three CS-80 and a SSL board to mix them all ?!? heh

i do hope you pull it off in any case. its a very nice wish list. my days of such analog buying spree are over. life happened ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by controlvoltage View Post
I just picked up one of these last week for $109; looks like they've jacked the price a bit since then. :( Should be some similar items in your price range; 1TB is definitely available for under $100 now, which is something of a milestone. I'm never trusting anything important to CDR ever again.
hey Amos do you happen to know what 2Tb disk is inside?

i've been looking at WDs studio ed II mybook w 2Tb, it's over 240 bucks... which i thought was already pretty good price.. but this,, i wonder how these fantom guys pull it off..

WD has been using their Green series. it's their "lower" line.

i have a Black edition 1Tb, with 64mb cache, which is quasi higher end.. and wanted to put it in an ext case with another one like that.. for stripped raid . case is 120, and disk is 80,.,. and now i see you bought 2Tb alltogether for 120.... hmmmmhmhmh... myabe my plan isnt the best after all..

advice?

i want to stream sample libs, and need fw800 connection for my macbook pro
Old 24th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Excellent, i already had my list prepared a LONG time ago...

Minimoog repaired - finally got the part to make it from a 2 osc back to a 3 osc beauty.
Build my Shruthi-1's
Xpander
Prophet VS - would rather rack
SEM - for sure!

Thermionic culture Vulture
DIY 1176
Summing device

DIY Acoustic treatment inc. Bass traps and skyline diffusers

Some new monitors leaning towards focal as i already have some.

Finish leather case for my laptop.
Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear

So far I think I won't be able to reduce the momentum of my GAS next year. I can see quite some stuff entering my rack in 2011:

-- 2* SND FB-14 fixed filter bank
-- UBK Clariphonic
-- a second ULN-8
-- NTP 179-170
-- AL.SO Dynax2
-- and, cash allowing, an Avalon 2077 :-)

And non-rack-wise, I'm pretty much set on going for a Sonosax SX-R4 with either two MKH800 Twins or a Soundfield ST350.

Oh boy, better rob that Santa huh
Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear

Well looking to add another Mac Pro 12 core maxed out speed to my rig and the VSL complete winds extended and standard library. Also looking at the 'invitation only' - British Brass library from Spitfire Audio....tho 12K is a lot for a brass library

On 'toys' front I'm now adding four more power supplies to my modular so all 5u modules will finally by powered up and rigged up to MIDI-CV network.

Might add a few 9u Euro racks to the system too.. tho that's a dangerous amount of empty space crying out to be populated.
Old 24th December 2010
Gear Head

Oto Biscuit
Octatrack
OVP-1 (maybe)
Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beermaster View Post
Might add a few 9u Euro racks to the system too.. tho that's a dangerous amount of empty space crying out to be populated.
Indeed. Those empty slots will be whispering "Feed Me! Fill Me! Make Me Whole!" relentlessly... ;-)
Old 24th December 2010
Gear Addict

My plans are unslutty to the max, been mostly selling HW synths. just sold my Blofeld to finance Komplete 7, after that, maybe MPD18 to combat the ****ty pads on MPK49. Beyond that, nothing.
Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramseur View Post
I'll look to add:

Sequentix Cirklon
Oberheim SEM
Roland JX-8p or MKS-70

I'll also be doing a tear-down and re-configuration of my studio <sigh>...
it's a organizational mess in here.

I'm off next week, so the tear-down may be before the new year, actually.
Oh yeah, an Eventide Eclipse, DSP4000, or H3000 D/SE

and, I have to admit I am seriously intrigued by 5U format modularity. I may jump in to some Moon Modular or Dotcom, too.
Old 24th December 2010
Gear Maniac

As far as gear goes, I only need a pair of good monitors (currently using Alesis M1 Active). I think I'm gonna go with the Blue Sky ProDesk MK III 2.1.

I have everything else I need to make music.
Old 24th December 2010
Gear Addict

Speck Xtramix
Some Modules for my Eurorack Modular
The new Eventide Plugins they will release at NAMM
Old 24th December 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmm View Post
DIY 1176
Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear

Selling a few things. Got two X0XB0Xs to build. Maybe indulge in a Kraftzwerg. Probably the SSM filter board for my Shruthi.
Old 24th December 2010
2011 is the year of writing music for me - after a 3 year gear research, saving for then buying hiatus...Im almost (!!!!) at the end of my quest...and ready to start a new project...

Finally I will get hold of my Overstayer gear (VCA comp, and Instrument Driver)....a Hi Hat pedal for my Drumkat....and Im done! In fact after some music making I'll prob end up selling a few bits...Not sure I'll need 2 bus compressors....

How much gear does one need?! Enough to get the job done well.

I think I pretty much have all that I need for a while...a nice input, a few compressors, a nice analogue poly and Mono, small modular, a DX synth...a load of good plugins on a Mac Pro - thanks very much - MUSIC TIME.
Old 24th December 2010
Deleted #8726
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaumont View Post
SSL AWS 900 or Matrix and a bunch of X-rack Stuff
Apogee Symphony Io x2
A pair of Focal SM9's
A load of 500 series format stuff.

That's cool.
Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by clusterchord View Post
bwaa hahahaha you call this shrinking ??

what were your initial plans then.. a steinway, two moog modulars, three CS-80 and a SSL board to mix them all ?!? heh

i do hope you pull it off in any case. its a very nice wish list. my days of such analog buying spree are over. life happened ..
lol, well, considering i just got a matrix 1000, mks-30, and arp odyssey, i killed 3 things that were on that list, so it seemed like it was shrinking. Although I promptly added a memorymoog and jupiter 4 to the list afterwards, so I guess it really isn't shrinking much. heh, i'm such a slut
Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear

My 2011 will be dominated by getting out and playing ... and recording a second colletion of songs ...

No gear plans whatsoever ...

It's all about being able to use what I have as much as I'd like ... (although playing out requires a fair amount of "wasted" time -- i.e. breaking down/transporting gear, etc. ... by far my least favorite part of the process ... )

It's funny ... since I've joined this forum -- which is really the only one I post on anymore -- I've become the antithesis of the gear-collecting gear slut ... I have my equipment and I know some of the things it's capable of ...

There's still so much more ... That's the kind of slut I've become ... trying to mine the depths of what I have ...

Have a great New Year, sluts ... !!!

(OK ... There's still one synth I must have ... And anybody who knows what I already have would be able to figure out that trioka in a hot second ... But it's not really a priority ... esp. because prices seem stable at the moment ... )
Old 24th December 2010
Gear Addict

I think the first thing on the list is a Luminist Garden and maybe an Insect (With any luck next month).

Then I'll focus on a Moog Voyager and a Dot com 119 sequencer. I'm sure I'll pick up some odd bits here and there as gigs require.

BRJB
Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear

a) Sell some gear... I'm basically done buying synths (yeah right) so will be saving up for good outboard now. I think I'm done chasing the (synth) dragon after so many years...

b) Therimonic Culture... Rooster or Culture Vulture or ??? (I have a Rooster on loan (gear swapsies) at the moment, which I'm lucky to have, and giving it a bit of a run on stuff, and I may be getting offered it...)

c) Elektron OctoTrack (Maybe...)

z) Buchla 200e (More like 2015 by the time I save up for it)
Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidgit View Post
for me: less gear, more music.
Yep +1. I got rid of most of my hardware a few years ago and instead started gradually buying more software - well reviewed DSP and top-end plug-ins - must have reviews to persuade you - easy to buy with a quick click of the mouse and doesn't take up any physical space so easy to forget how much you've already got sitting on your HD.

Boy what a waste of time overall. Too much choice is absolutely counterproductive. A few select items learnt well and less is more is my ideal going forward.

Can't buy more hardware as baby on the way and I value my testicles....
Old 24th December 2010
nms
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidgit View Post
for me: less gear, more music.
^this.

Pick up a second distressor, laptop, and see if I make it through the year without getting a Pro One or MS 20.

sell nothing (other than my DP4 which is already listed)
Old 24th December 2010
Gear Addict
all i need is polyphonic analog - plan to buy dsi tetra
Old 25th December 2010
Lives for gear

Planning a pretty big overhaul, actually.

I picked up a Empirical Labs Fatso and a Great River ME-1NV this year, next year I plan to get an Apogee Ensemble and a Dangerous Music D-Box to mix into. My computer is pretty old at this point too, looking forward to either a new imac or new mbp depending on what the specs look like with the next gen of apple computers, still many months out, though. Really interested in taking the plunge on my first SSD for the computer, too. 2011 Should be a good year to record in.
Old 25th December 2010
Gear Guru

My slutty plan is to yoink everything out of my house in the New Jersey countryside and drop it into an airy loft in Venice, California.

Tweak some knobs, stroll to the beach, have some gelato, go home and tweak some more knobs.

Gregory Scott - ubk
Old 25th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by controlvoltage View Post
I just picked up one of these last week for $109; looks like they've jacked the price a bit since then. :( Should be some similar items in your price range; 1TB is definitely available for under $100 now, which is something of a milestone. I'm never trusting anything important to CDR ever again.

Thanks for the link!
Yea, looks like 1TB drives are hovering around 100 bills, so at least I'll have something slutty to store my sessions on.
Man will I be glad to see the backside of 2010.

I'm definitely in the 'less gear, more music-making' camp.
Old 25th December 2010
sell my Dynaudio Audience 50 speakers and Bryston 2blp amp and get a pair of Dynaudio BM5a MKII

sell Prophet '08 and use money for buying a nice Nissan 240sx Fastback with an SR20DET engine AYOOOOOOOOO

haha I wishhhh

also getting DCAM eventually and whatever other good plug-ins

still want that FR XS though

who knows
Old 25th December 2010
Gear Nut

Neptune 2

Spectral Audio Neptune 2 ...Oh, and a placement

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search