The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Your slutty 2011 gear plans. Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 23rd December 2010
Lives for gear

mostly cheaper items..

emu 6400
lil phatty (or similar)
presonus eureka
some stompboxes..

thats the realistic list...

if i was to hit lotto..well then voyager, tr 909, sp-1200, some better monitors and convert my shop into a soundproof writing space..
Old 23rd December 2010

Mac Pro
DIY Outboard
DIY Modular
Fix broken Juno-106 (Voice)

Really just replace stuff with better stuff... and use what I have.
Old 23rd December 2010
Lives for gear

I'll see if I can manage to get a poly analog this year. Paying back student loans leaves so little room to get one, it's driving me nuts! I really want a Prophet 5.

I also want a new hardware eq and comp, best quality available. They are just so friggin' expensive.

I may get none of the above, considering I also need to find a new flat, but that's what I'm aiming for.
Old 23rd December 2010
Gear Addict

I'd like to buy the bigger workstation desk I promised myself last summer but never got around to.

I'd like to get more Moogerfoogers (MF-102, MF-103, MF-104, MF-105M, MF-107, CP251), and probably a Dark Energy/Slim Phatty as the center of it..

Maybe score some more effects units I've had in my mind of getting (Electrix FilterFactory, Line 6 Echo/Mod Pro)

That's it really....But anything and everything might change, so we'll see...
Old 23rd December 2010
Deleted #8726
I am planning to buy the 6 tube version of this mixer. 32 channels would solve my inputs problem.

Other then that the Korg MS2000R is on the list and a Virus C.
Old 23rd December 2010
Gear Addict

Must follow up on plan to buy tetra to go with my mopho keys, as that was the plan from the start. MFB522 for some affordable analog drums and most importantly FLAT MATE LEAVES! Means I if I can cram all my stuff into the newly spare room quickly enough I can claim it as my "studio space". Then maybe I'll consider buying something like an octocapture and some monitors, but I can cope with a crappy old mixer I've had...forever and the keyboard amp we got the other month (it may not be neutral but its big, yay).

Then replace battery on juno60 (not going to worry about the crapped out sync jack for the moment).
Fix DX7 maybe.

Start a rack of roland using the local second hand junk store as my initial feed (couple of bits still sitting there that I want to pick up but thus far...have resisted).
...Buy a rack to put it in.
Then maybe buy some power conditioners or whatever they are called to avoid my current adapter in adapter in adapter situation.
Then maybe some cheap line mixers should I start running out of holes to plug things.

As far as I can think thats all I have planned for the year. Something always stacks on top though. Thankfully as far as I know starting a modular is off the cards because having a case shipped here is prohibitively expensive.
Old 23rd December 2010
Gear Addict

SSL AWS 900 or Matrix and a bunch of X-rack Stuff
Apogee Symphony Io x2
A pair of Focal SM9's
A load of 500 series format stuff.

Oh and get my Prophet VS fixed.
Old 23rd December 2010
Lives for gear

This is the year of software for me, I think--UAD Studer, Fatso, Massive, and maybe Melodyne. Oh, and I'll finish that Klee sequencer...
Either way, here's to it.
Old 23rd December 2010
Lives for gear

No plans to buy anything , just need to figure out how to program the H8000 . Might take the whole of next year
Old 23rd December 2010
Lives for gear

wow my list of things to buy is rapidly shrinking these days. First up in 2011 will likely be a Korg MS-20. Afterwards, looking to get a few of the roland effects units I want - SVC-350, SRE-555, Dimension D, maybe some others. Would like a lexicon/eventide too but not sure where that will fit in.

In analog synth land, there's only a handful I still really want. I'm thinking maybe a korg trident. I'm hoping sell/trade/upgrade my cs-10 for a cs-30, and my moog prodigy for a minimoog.

If somehow I have enough money left over, an elka synthex, memorymoog, or voyetra eight might squeeze in there. We'll see.

This could also very well be the year that I start building a modular...

In digital/va/hybrid land, I'm hoping maybe to get a nord lead 2 or a microwave XT, and a korg ex-8000.
Old 23rd December 2010
Lives for gear

Just ordered my API 2500 hardware unit, after working with the WAVES API collection for nearly 3 months

I will probably find and excuse to purchase the 5500 EQ as well later on during the year :D

also purchased a MOTIF XS Rack + FW16E expansion this week.
the 3 combined have blown my budget for 2011 already :D

leftovers then will be some <200 euro must have VST plugs
conversion from Duende PCIe to Native
My iLok2 dongle from Slate
Cubase 6.....
300 euro for release funding

That's it folks.....
Old 23rd December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero View Post
my list of things to buy is rapidly shrinking these days.

This could also very well be the year that I start building a modular...
heh
Old 23rd December 2010
Lives for gear

Curse all yer bones....

About to drop 5K on refinancing my house, and business is glacially slow around the holiday, so no room for gear money.
Damn.

It'll save me 175K over the next 15 years, though. Wish I could throw some of that at gear.

I may be able to afford a new external HD, if I can get one under $100.
Old 23rd December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boschen View Post
I may be able to afford a new external HD, if I can get one under $100.
I just picked up one of these last week for $109; looks like they've jacked the price a bit since then. :( Should be some similar items in your price range; 1TB is definitely available for under $100 now, which is something of a milestone. I'm never trusting anything important to CDR ever again.
Old 23rd December 2010
Lives for gear

Spent too much money in 2010 and have to start planning for retirement and the future (what's that?). Made the big shift to hardware, almost exclusively. So, focus on music, keyboard skills...and fun stuff like room treatment.
Old 23rd December 2010
Gear Addict

Go from a house to my own building, get PT9, get the rosetta 200 and big ben. And thats probably all I can pull off in a year
Old 23rd December 2010
Jose Ramón Alvarado Villa

Will finally ship it from Japan.

Unit is free of charge. It's waiting for me about 6 months. I just have to pay the shipping. Does not have a PSU, but i'll build one.

No other plans aside of focusing on sample CD ROMs.
Old 23rd December 2010
Lives for gear

I think for me 2011 will be the Year of Repair. A lot of my gear is suffering from wear and tear after a two year period of intense recording. So many issues... like VCO 2 on voice card 6 of the OB-Xa consistently fails the auto tune test... the Jupiter-4 needs serious calibration and a new battery... the Prophet-5 has quite a number of sticky keys... and the Prophet-10 won't even power on (power supply issues)... the transformer hum on one of the Matrix-1000s is getting unbearably loud... as is the hum on the Alpha Juno-2... the pots on the TR-606 are getting scratchier and noisier... etc., etc. and so forth and so on. The list just keeps getting longer, so I plan to avoid GAS and get the stuff I already have working properly.

The one exception would be getting one of the new Oberheim SEM modules. I just don't know how much longer I can resist.
Old 23rd December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by invisiblekiduk View Post
Must follow up on plan to buy tetra to go with my mopho keys…
my only specific plan is to get a mopho keys to go with my tetra.

i'll need to sell something first though to make space.

i think it will have to be the MEK
Old 23rd December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Solaris View Post

Will finally ship it from Japan.
Congratulations!
Old 23rd December 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by flat earth View Post
I'm planning on going back to basics.

Minimum computer use, I'm very interested in re-exploring what made late 70s early 80s so interesting. ie the limited confine of what was available (cv/din-sync/early midi). in a word 'simplicity'

Maybe controversially, I'm finding modern computer control is somehow giving too many options, and ironically 'diluting' how I want to make the music.

It may sound insane, but its what I plan to explore in 2011.

I will be selling a few pieces to fund some 'earlier' hardware
Wowww, I'm on the same plane as you. I've been actually wanting to improve my keyboard and bass playing and see if I could ditch MIDI for a few tracks. Record some string and horn players and play the keyboard and bass parts myself. Recording drums is pretty tough and might be a bit too big of a jump too early, so I think I'll try to use some convincing acoustic funk/rock drum kit samples.

I totally agree with how all this ****load of technology has just numbed the magic of music and simply put, it's just too many options. Back in the 70s/80s, people just used whatever they had, and there's a real signature sound and a real charm to it all.

Actually that might involve getting one more piece of gear. A good tape machine with 24 track input to get that almost Lo-Fi but punchy analog sound. Any suggestions?
Old 23rd December 2010
Lives for gear
the end of 2010 was really bad. my imac finally died and i was out of work for 2 months, which means i had to sell my korg emx.

i miss both of those so i'll be getting a new mac, emx, pro tools 9 upgrade, and new converter.

once that's out the way i'll be after;

Patch bay
DSI Tetra
Sherman Filterbank
something new from Vermona
Old 23rd December 2010
Lives for gear

Hmmm...

I think this year will be not as hardware-focussed as the past few - I'd really love to learn how to jam on Ableton, remixing some of my work for live jams. I'd also need an audio interface to get the music into my computer. That would so dope.

That said, I'd love to a) get a Roland MD8 for computer control of my Juno60 and b) get some compact (primarily sound-processing) rack gear - matrix1000, lexicon reverb, sherman filterbank 2 rack.

If I really earn some dough I'd luuuurrrrve to get an RE201 Space Echo. And MAAAYYBE if I'm feeling it I'd shift my focus to a semimodular rig controlled with one of those MOTU DC interfaces and VOLTA.
Old 23rd December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonvague View Post

The one exception would be getting one of the new Oberheim SEM modules. I just don't know how much longer I can resist.
I know the feeling...
Old 23rd December 2010
Gear Addict

I would like a new desk and a JBL msc1.

Hey, I've used the msc1 in a couple rooms before and I like what it does
Old 23rd December 2010
Lives for gear

Compressors for me :

2x Distressors w. British mode and Stereolink options.

1x Drawmer 1968ME

1x Langevin ELOP

and a few synths/samplers.

Emulator 2
Akai MPC-60
Rhodes Chroma

and possibly something so very very rare that I have to kill you all if I tell.

WT
Old 23rd December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by flat earth View Post
I'm planning on going back to basics.

Minimum computer use, I'm very interested in re-exploring what made late 70s early 80s so interesting. ie the limited confine of what was available (cv/din-sync/early midi). in a word 'simplicity'

Maybe controversially, I'm finding modern computer control is somehow giving too many options, and ironically 'diluting' how I want to make the music.

It may sound insane, but its what I plan to explore in 2011.
No, it doesn't sound insane. It sounds INSPIREDl! GO FOR IT!
Old 23rd December 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mans View Post
I'm going to fill up another 6U of eurorack. Definitely some Cwejman modules.
+1
Plan to buy my first Cwejman in a couple of months.
Old 23rd December 2010
Lives for gear

I must get an AX-80, asr-10 (rack), and a Vox AC30.

Most important is getting a practice space for the band.

If I can take care of all the above, I'll be looking out for an mpc60, tomoberheim SEM, and vermona drm-1.
Old 23rd December 2010
Gear Head

Need more i/o some a new interface of some sort, 8/8 midi interface, Oberheim Matrix1000, plus whatever bits I can get off ebay cheap and take my fancy.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search