The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Your slutty 2011 gear plans. Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

I plan to finally have enough gear to start learning how to make music by the end of 2011!!

Sent from my PC36100 using Gearslutz.com App
Old 6th September 2011
Here for the gear
Hope to have a Moog Voyager in November, but it's probably a pipe-dream this year. (sigh)

Just got a nice vintage Mayfair FT-157 portable reel tape player for my live setup. No matter how much easier/reliable/portable all other options have proven to be, I still keep coming back to crappy sounds on crappy tape. Love it.
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear
i'm planning to reach a total professional sounding mix and mastering in my home studio, so i can be completely independent.

already got

mks 50, virus ti, nord rack 2, andromeda a6, waldorf microvwave xt, jd 990

ff 400, cubase 6, ableton 8, adam a7x+ sub 8, treated room

buying in october:

Prism orpheus, dangerous music 2 bus, mac pro 8 core, logic, pro chair, keyboard with weighted keys, mackie big knob.

estimated 10 000 Euro

buying across 2012

Maslec Mla 3, analog eq, 2 ch A/D converter
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

I am looking into getting a midi patchbay and a small mixer so I don't have to unhook any of my synths or drum machines when I want to record/sequence a different instrument.

I might pick up a Casio CZ synth. I already have an analog poly (JX-3P) an analog mono (Fatman that is currently being serviced) a VA (Microkorg), FM (DX9) and a digital PCM synth (K1r). So, it would be cool to add phase distortion synthesis into the mix.
Old 6th September 2011
Here for the gear

Migrate from M3-73 to Kronos61 and get a descent 88piano controller under it (something like the image below. I want the kronos to actually stand on the controller to get the keys closer together. Not sure about which 88controller yet, Elka MK 88 or Akai MPK88). And then have my current Nord electro 3 on the side and have a 24" lcd screen on top of the kronos

Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasseru View Post
bought some plugins to tide over the gas period so I can make decent decisions rather than stupid ones
Well, that was a stupid decision.

But seriously, go slow... get a basic (but good) recording and monitoring setup, and then add synths/effects one by one as you need them. Go for the quality stuff even if it takes longer.
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resonance5 View Post
buying in october:

Prism orpheus, dangerous music 2 bus, mac pro 8 core, logic, pro chair, keyboard with weighted keys, mackie big knob.

estimated 10 000 Euro

buying across 2012

Maslec Mla 3, analog eq, 2 ch A/D converter
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Move the studio about 2 miles down the road. Build another DAW desk, this time with greater rack ergonomics. I have borrowed some of the best images from the monster thread at the top of this forum to give me ideas... Basically, I'd like the master keys in front of the racks, but the rack angles to be far more horizontal than before. And this time I'm thinking cherry or ash veneer.

... then, decide on a few final pieces of extra gear. Slim Phatty or Dark Energy/Dark Time combo, that is the decision...
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear
Before the year end, I really want to get some hardware.
Thinking a couple RNC / 160As and a patchbay.

If jobs payout before the year I'll try and get a new interface / mics too.
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Tempest tempest tempest
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfac View Post
Well, that was a stupid decision.

But seriously, go slow... get a basic (but good) recording and monitoring setup, and then add synths/effects one by one as you need them. Go for the quality stuff even if it takes longer.
I am. Im waiting to demo the opals when you can get them again to see what people are raving about and compare them to the other industry standards and im getting room treatment. and some motu so I can silentway.

but the synth gas is trying to take me away
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcB View Post

haha mackie fails!?

it's already expensive...

this one's better?

::FUNKY JUNK ITALY:: SPL
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

Money's tight so I'm probably not buying anything this year. Maybe new headphones, but that's it.

Next year, hopefully some new synths, both Overstayer compressors, maybe the Tempest.
Old 7th September 2011
Gear Maniac

I'd like to buy me some time

to actually use the gear I already got.
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

Yes, the ultimate paradox... You spend huge amounts of time in your teens and twenties lusting after kit you can't afford (I'm looking at you, Dx7), and by the time life rewards you financially for your hard work.... you can afford it but then you lust after the time to use it.... And when eventually you get to the point of having both time and money you can't remember how half the stuff works...

anyway, add proper studio acoustics and a complete back-to-the-plaster rewire to my plans.. No visible power cables or midi/audio connectors for complete studio zen...
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

My year this year has definitely been missing some sluttyness. I bought fabfilter pro-q and pro-l and that has been it. Although due to my time being eaten up by work and university I haven't had time to be slutty. When the semester finished in 8 weeks I'm going to treat myself and get all the stuff to finish my gssl.
Old 7th September 2011
my plans for this year are pretty slutty heh

1 API 2500
2 Chandler Germanium Compressor
1 A Design EM-PEQ
2 Chandler Little Devil EQ
2 Great River Harrison 32EQ
1 Little Lab VOG
2 Purple Audio LILPEQr 2
2 Rupert Neve 5033
1 Bricasti Design System 1
1 SSL X-Desk
1 SSL X-Panda
1 Argosy Rack Enclosure
8 DBX 266XS (for sidechain compress/pumping effect)
1 Rane DA 216S (distribution amp for the kick for sidechaining)

already got the 2nd Apogee DA16X in may/june this year for 32 analog channels
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by deft_bonz View Post
my plans for this year are pretty slutty heh

1 API 2500
2 Chandler Germanium Compressor
1 A Design EM-PEQ
2 Chandler Little Devil EQ
2 Great River Harrison 32EQ
1 Little Lab VOG
2 Purple Audio LILPEQr 2
2 Rupert Neve 5033
1 Bricasti Design System 1
1 SSL X-Desk
1 SSL X-Panda
1 Argosy Rack Enclosure
8 DBX 266XS (for sidechain compress/pumping effect)
1 Rane DA 216S (distribution amp for the kick for sidechaining)

already got the 2nd Apogee DA16X in may/june this year for 32 analog channels
Sick!
Old 7th September 2011
Want to have 32 analog channels for OTB mix. Don't want to rerecord processed signals back to the DAW and then finalize the mix. Only ITB mixing sounds boring and way to similar with other artists.

Can't wait to get all the gear heh
Old 8th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by deft_bonz View Post
Only ITB mixing sounds boring and way to similar with other artists.
...lol
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

Recent future, i'd like an Analogue Solutions Telemark and Oberkorn v3. Down the line, with any luck, a DSI Tempest.
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

Gonna get rid of more of my analogue mono's and polys and expand 'Fat Bastard' - going to make room for a new section right across the middle where a desk top space use to be and fill it in on one side with modules. First up will be a new Modacan/Cyndustries section so space for 32 more modules then fill in my Serge gaps with a Red Voice and CV 1 ..... tho the cost is staggering so may well be the start of a new system over the next few years....
Old 10th September 2011
Here for the gear

Thanks for your input guys I'll keep that in mind. Maybe a couple of 30" LED tvs is the way to go. happy shopping slutz
Old 10th September 2011
Lives for gear

Just like last year: upgrading Komplete. Done!
Old 10th September 2011
Lives for gear

I'm doing pretty well with eurorack. Approaching 12u of STUFF. Mostly doepfer. but I'm having lots of fun with it.

I'm finding that the need to house modules slows me down a bit, now when I am powering up a new 3u frame it's almost instantly filling with modules I would have bought earlier if I'd had the space earlier. so it's official, I can never be allowed to buy a monster case.

still waiting for my tempest to become available, DSI.
Old 11th September 2011
those two just arrived friday *im so in love* heh
Attached Thumbnails
Your slutty 2011 gear plans.-2011-09-09-17.21.48.jpg  
Old 11th September 2011
Lives for gear

Since I'll be moving soon I'd like some kind of 16 neve console! Depends on my funds offcourse

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search