The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Cash Track Value Index Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 23rd December 2010
Gear Maniac

Cash Track Value Index

I was just wondering what kind of $ peep's track's were currently making on a single song asssignment basis. Would be nice to keep a trend of the economy seen through the prism of EDM production. I.E If you are selling to a third-party, what kind of advance did you get for your latest production....or if you are releasing yourself, how much return did you get for your latest production. And in each case, what kind of style of EDM was it, and what kind of chart positions were you topping.

I'm a demographics / statistics enthusiast and I'd be really interested if we could get some ongoing commercial intelligence about the state of EDM.

Thanks.
Old 23rd December 2010
Gear Maniac

This is an interesting question/topic, but I am afraid I know the answer... $0. Or some amount not really worth mentioning. As far as revenue from music sales go, it's a labor of love.
Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear

So far I've made more money selling T-shirts with my band logo on 'em than I've made from the music. heh
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search