The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Question for Silent way eurorack users Modular Synthesizers
Old 23rd December 2010
Lives for gear
Question for Silent way eurorack users

With a silent way setup in eurorack, are LFO and EG modules still necessary?

Thanks
Old 23rd December 2010
technically not. but you lose hands on control, and to extent.. flexibility of routing. also, as i havent used silent way yet (waiting to make a PSU for my Expert Sleepers ES-1..), i'm not sure the shapes created by digital/mathematical functions ITB will offer exact same smoothness and shapes as you get from various analog exp/lin vcas/lofs/egs and other modulators.. i'm totally speculating here.. bcs theory is one thing, practical implementation is something else, as we have seen so many times since the digital/software revolution started..

tho it is something im quite eager to try.. since my interest in silent way came first from wanting to get a smaller, but more flexible system for live gigs involving analogs. so far, i carried modulars and/or cv synth and run them via RS7000 and Kenton midi converter.. now i sold that, and moved to laptop.. well see if silent way is all it promises to be, and can in theory be..

it'd be great if i could carry a smaller modular system consisting only of barebones vco-vcf-vca plus some audio/dc mixers, and drive all modulators from the laptop.. when youre giggin, less stuff to carry =
Old 23rd December 2010
Lives for gear
Thanks-

In some ways I'm just looking to get into Eurorack, so this seems like a viable way to start, and the beauty of modular is that parts can come and go. I know it works with my setup (HD wrapped in kore2 with lynx aurora).

One other question, how do you integrate audio signals from ER with +4 studio signals? I'm in the process of putting together a new layout for the studio and I'm wondering how possible it is to include my rack gear in the overall ER system. Thanks-

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search